How did you choose your username?

My username "no value" today I proudly wear. It wasn't always that way. Actually, my former HAC-grad pastor gave it to me and my wife. His actual words was that we were "worthless." And he called us worthless publicly from the pulpit.

Needless to say, it shattered my dear wife. She truly loved our pastor and his wife. The pastor and his wife had spent many an evening at our dinner table. We as a family did things for our pastor that few if any (except him) know about. Why? Not for noteriety or praise (or even thanks) but rather because we loved and respected him.

I served the church as a deacon for many years, through the good times and bad. The only reason why we (as a couple) can think of why the preacher turned on us in such a despicable way is because we dared to question him about something. We both wrote our disgreements and concerns in two separate letters. My wife wanted to express her views in her our way in a separate letter (although we read each others letters). Both letters were in love but concern for the betterment of our church.

Jack Hyles destroyed my preacher. I know that sounds a little over-the-top, but I really believe that the twisted philosophies and methodologies my former pastor learned as a Hyles-disciple emerged as pastor of his own church. And to a large extent our former pastor destroyed the spiritual motivation (the very spirit) of my two kids (now grown). One goes to church marginally, the other has become so disillusioned with church she hasn't attended since leaving home.

Some on the forum have accused me of having some sort of bromance with Jack Schaap, based on my frequest posts about his life in prison. Far from a bromance. I have nothing but contempt for the man...he deserves everything he got...I wish he would have gotten more years than he did. Hyles and Schaap are cut from the same cloth. I do not wish him well in prison. The only reason I post about him in prison is to keep awareness of how much of a worthless scumbag he is.

My wife and I escaped from IFB long ago, praise the Lord. But I still feel sorry for those still caught in its grip. My former pastor is still at the same church and (from last reports) his congregation has dwindled down to almost nothing.

I could go on and on , but suffice to say...I am no value...I wear the name proudly

1Co 14:29-31
29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
30 If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

My name is derived from this passage.

It is not capitalized,  because all may prophesy, and so I am not special.

cast.sheep said:
patriotic said:
To quote a Barbara Mandrell song (kinda):  I was patriotic when [being] patriotic wasn't cool.

Actually, when I joined the forum after reading posts as a guest for several weeks, I was sitting in a room with Americana/patriotic decor.  As I tried to think of an inconspicuous user name, I glanced around the room thinking, and there was my answer since I am a very patriotic person.

What's your story?

A cast sheep is a sheep that has laid down and can’t get up because its center of gravity is off – sometimes because it’s too heavy, or it becomes too comfortable, or simply because it has a full fleece. Once down, gasses start to build up in their abdomen and they can die in a matter of hours. It is also vulnerable to predators when in this position.  It is completely helpless and unable to recover without it's shepherd's help. 

I am that cast sheep.  Helpless and unable to recover without my Shepherd.  He is the Good Shepherd and He keeps His watchful eye on me at all times.

Sounds like a Jack Schaap sermon.  :)

cast.sheep said:
A cast sheep is a sheep that has laid down and can’t get up because its center of gravity is off – sometimes because it’s too heavy

I don't remember you being overweight at all.  :)

no value said:
Some on the forum have accused me of having some sort of bromance with Jack Schaap, based on my frequest posts about his life in prison. Far from a bromance. I have nothing but contempt for the man...he deserves everything he got...I wish he would have gotten more years than he did. Hyles and Schaap are cut from the same cloth. I do not wish him well in prison. The only reason I post about him in prison is to keep awareness of how much of a worthless scumbag he is.

Just interested as to why you wish him more years than the law says he is to serve?  Also, just wondering why you wish him extra grief while he is in prison?

I bear the name "RAIDER" because I am a member of the Oakland Raider Nation.  It is a title that I wore proudly for many years.  During recent years I wear it as a martyr.  :) 

RAIDER said:
I bear the name "RAIDER" because I am a member of the Oakland Raider Nation.  It is a title that I wore proudly for many years.  During recent years I wear it as a martyr.  :)

bo-jackson-120605-wide.jpg

Bo knows why you chose this username.

Citadel of Truth said:
RAIDER said:

bo-jackson-120605-wide.jpg

Bo knows why you chose this username.

Stabler and Madden do too!

Bruh said:
This may get wordy.  :)

I am a proud Cajun that was born and raised in the heart of Cajun country, South West Louisiana.  If you aren't from here you probably think that everyone in Louisiana is a Cajun, which is false.  I do not try explaining it to people that aren't from here because they never get it. 

I have worked in the Oil Field my entire life, 2 weeks after I graduated from High School, I found my self on a deep water drilling rig.  It seemed everyone in the Oil Field called each other "Bruh" and still do today, hence my name "Bruh". 

I could go on about the Cajun people and the Oil Field but will not bore you.  :)

Ever been to Cameron?

BALAAM said:
Bruh said:

I am a proud Cajun that was born and raised in the heart of Cajun country, South West Louisiana.  If you aren't from here you probably think that everyone in Louisiana is a Cajun, which is false.  I do not try explaining it to people that aren't from here because they never get it. 

I have worked in the Oil Field my entire life, 2 weeks after I graduated from High School, I found my self on a deep water drilling rig.  It seemed everyone in the Oil Field called each other "Bruh" and still do today, hence my name "Bruh". 

I could go on about the Cajun people and the Oil Field but will not bore you.  :)

Ever been to Cameron?

Yes sir! I sure have.  I use to catch a boat to do work on Platforms. 

brainisengaged is a testimony.

Once I got saved, I used to just say, "Tell me what we believe and I'll believe it."

Meaning, "What is our position on politics?" "We are conservative Republican." "Ok! I believe it!"
"What is our position on rock music?" "It is wicked and of the devil" "Ok! I believe it!"
"What is our position on dancing?" "It is wicked and of the devil" "Ok! I believe it!" and so on and so on and so on.

I say this to my shame. I can come up with no reason in the world why I so willingly, unquestioningly, and unequivocally checked my brain at the door when I entered into the world of IFB...but I did.

I took it (my brain) back in about July of 2012. ;)

Bruh said:
BALAAM said:
Bruh said:

Ever been to Cameron?

Yes sir! I sure have.  I use to catch a boat to do work on Platforms.

Cameron, Grand Chenier, Pecan Island: I visited Louisiana and went to all of the tourist spots! I like the country down there.

cast.sheep said:
I would be curious to know how all of you chose your username.  Why is Raider RAIDER? Fishin' Nut? (probably self-explanatory) Patriotic? Citadel of Truth? etc. 

Let's hear the stories.....

When I started reading the original forum in January 2001 I kept thinking I am glad that I am "Long Gone" from this. When I decided to post the name just made sense.

no value said:

My wife and I escaped from IFB long ago, praise the Lord. But I still feel sorry for those still caught in its grip. My former pastor is still at the same church and (from last reports) his congregation has dwindled down to almost nothing.

I could go on and on , but suffice to say...I am no value...I wear the name proudly

For you to give him or them a second thought gives them power over you.  Don't do this to yourself.  Shake the dust and move on.  Do not allow him to occupy another thought.  Really it's not healthy emotionally and spiritually.  Take your life back.  Contempt is more thought than he deserves. 

Even in a thread completely unrelated in any way,  novalue brings up Schaap...

...and wonders why we comment on his infatuation with the man?

rsc2a said:
Even in a thread completely unrelated in any way,  novalue brings up Schaap...

...and wonders why we comment on his infatuation with the man?
Stalk much?

Jesus saves...

...not Kirk Cameron.  :D

prophet said:
It is not capitalized,  because all may prophesy, and so I am not special.

The Church Lady disagrees...

snl-church-lady.jpg

:D