How Does Women Wearing Long Dresses Keep Men's Thoughts Pure?

Holy Mole said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Citadel of Truth said:
Christians are the bad guys because we believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. Muslims are peace-loving people even though they put homosexuals to death in their countries. I never understood how the homosexual crowd missed that.

They don't miss that which is part of the reason why they are pushing for marriage. The more normative gay marriage is in society, the more difficult it would be to execute homosexuals should the radical Muslim heavily influence America. If 10% of the marriages in this country were gay marriages, that is a whole lot of people to execute.

FYI, there is very much hypocrisy amongst the Muslims about this. I have a relative who went over to Afghanistan for a couple years. He said that where he was, casual sex was between men and heterosexual sex was for reproduction purposes only. Whenever he would go into town he would get hit on consistently. So there is hypocrisy among the Muslim communities in some places as well...

And is this what you are pushing for as well?

I do believe that gay people should have the right to marry in this country.

Would you attend a homosexual wedding if invited?

If it were a close enough friend of mine, yes. And I would even buy the couple a wedding gift of some kind. :)

If merely wishing a heretic "Godspeed" makes you a "partaker of their deeds" how is providing a gift to a couple who engages in a ceremonial commission of what the scripture calls sin not doing the same? 

And, Matthew Ward, what about this are we not even "able to process"?

4 points.

1. The passage you mention is in reference to people who prostelityze a gospel of salvation outside of works:

Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work.

2. Did you ever think to ask Jesus why he would create alcoholic wine for a group of people that were already "well drunk"?

3. Did Jesus associate with women, prostitutes and the culturally despised? Yep.

4. There is no biblical mandate as to whom can be married in a legal ceremony. Will my contributing to a gay couple provoke them to have sex?

[quote author=Smellin Coffee]Will my contributing to a gay couple provoke them to have sex?
[/quote]

Depends on what you contribute. :p

rsc2a said:
[quote author=Smellin Coffee]Will my contributing to a gay couple provoke them to have sex?

Depends on what you contribute. :p
[/quote]

That's why I would make it a waffle iron, just to be sure. :D

The things you can use a waffle iron for...

I should clarify, this is not to the topic in general, it is to Smellin and and the "partaker" thoughts

Ephesians 5:3-16  But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them. For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

ItinerantPreacher said:
I should clarify, this is not to the topic in general, it is to Smellin and and the "partaker" thoughts

Ephesians 5:3-16  But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them. For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

Yeah, I forgot. Jesus didn't have Paul around to teach Him the truth. Obviously by His actions, we can see He never got that message...

Smellin Coffee said:
Yeah, I forgot. Jesus didn't have Paul around to teach Him the truth. Obviously by His actions, we can see He never got that message...

I think you're way off base here. But, that's for another time, another thread.

ItinerantPreacher said:

Shame on you.  Here you are having fellowship with sinners. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
ItinerantPreacher said:

[/quoteNice. You are effectively sayng there is no application for the verse.]

ItinerantPreacher said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
ItinerantPreacher said:

[/quoteNice. You are effectively sayng there is no application for the verse.]

Luke 7:44-50 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.    Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.    My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.    Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.  And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.  And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also?  And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

ItinerantPreacher said:
I see the post Matthew. What was the point you were trying to make?

Really...you can't see the point?

ItinerantPreacher said:

You do realize that Jesus DID violate OT Laws (ya know, the ones He came to "fulfill").

Example: He touched dead bodies, against the Law. He touched the menstruating woman, against the Law. He harvested on the Sabbath, against the Law. He forgave sins without telling the sinner to offer sacrifice, against the Law. He touched lepers, against the Law. And to the point RT was making, He associated Himself with the culturally outcast, sinners, treated women as equals (remember, the culture had a Taliban-view toward women). He placed his emphasis on heart and love and inclusion and devalued the theologically correct, even pointing out that the theologically wrong may inherit eternal life where the theologically correct may not (parable of the Good Samaritan).

The way Jesus treated others was in violation of Pauline instruction and OT Law.

Smellin Coffee said:
ItinerantPreacher said:

You do realize that Jesus DID violate OT Laws (ya know, the ones He came to "fulfill").

Example: He touched dead bodies, against the Law. He touched the menstruating woman, against the Law. He harvested on the Sabbath, against the Law. He forgave sins without telling the sinner to offer sacrifice, against the Law. He touched lepers, against the Law. And to the point RT was making, He associated Himself with the culturally outcast, sinners, treated women as equals (remember, the culture had a Taliban-view toward women). He placed his emphasis on heart and love and inclusion and devalued the theologically correct, even pointing out that the theologically wrong may inherit eternal life where the theologically correct may not (parable of the Good Samaritan).

The way Jesus treated others was in violation of Pauline instruction and OT Law.

As much as I want to pop some popcorn for this, I really was hoping for more insight from the folk who believe all sexual sin is caused by wimmin dressing like hussies.

If how a woman dresses cause a man to commit sexual sin, how do we explain homosexuals? How should a cowboy dress so he doesn't entice some broke back feller? The questions just pile up.  :-\

subllibrm said:
Smellin Coffee said:
ItinerantPreacher said:

As much as I want to pop some popcorn for this, I really was hoping for more insight from the folk who believe all sexual sin is caused by wimmin dressing like hussies.

And here is an addendum question to your inquiry: is it a sin for men to wear jeans simply because it might cause a homosexual to lust?

Smellin Coffee said:
subllibrm said:
Smellin Coffee said:
ItinerantPreacher said:

And here is an addendum question to your inquiry: is it a sin for men to wear jeans simply because it might cause a homosexual to lust?

The only solution to this is nobody wears anything. 

Smellin Coffee said:

670px-Throw-up-As-Comfortably-As-Possible-Step-2.jpg

The Rogue Tomato said:
Smellin Coffee said:
subllibrm said:
Smellin Coffee said:
ItinerantPreacher said:

The only solution to this is nobody wears anything.

I would think that if God had intended us to be naked, we would have been born that way.  :eek:  :D