How Does Women Wearing Long Dresses Keep Men's Thoughts Pure?

I have not read all the pages of replies, but I'll give my two cents from a lady's point of view. I'm a conservative fundamental Christian. Obviously or I wouldn't be on here. If a woman's heart is truly given to God and close to God, and the desires of her heart are to be pleasing God, then her motives and actions should follow-if her will is surrendered to please God. Modesty isn't questionable if her heart is right with the Lord and she's in a goid church that teaches and preaches right living.
Everything comes down to matters of the heart.
For the sold out Christian lady modesty should never be a question.

How does it keep men's thoughts pure? We can't change or force someone to think a certain way.
But we can choose to not be a stumbling block with being inmodest.
Sure it's up to everyone men and women both to be keeping their hearts fred from things,  but we can be responsible, God honoring and practice right-living by not giving an opportunity for stumbling or unpure thoughts. If someone wants to think unpure thoughts they're likely going to get caught up in it unless they deal with their own heart problem before God.

Again-let's focus upon the heart here and what God would have "us" to do.
We can't control others.
But we can make right choices when our own heart is right before God.
We are to walk as Christ walked.
Be ye holy for I am Holy.

What is so easily overlooked is that there is responsibility with being a Christian and certainly if we consider ourselves a disciple, follower of God we need to accept the responsibility of right living and actions and keep our hearts right with God.

Then there's no room for questions and what if's like this. It's simple with accepting and not questioning our responsibility and entrusting the rest to God-and let Him deal with others and their heart problems.
All we can and should be concerned with is our own.
When a heart is fully yielded and surrendered to God, right actions will follow.

This is kind of like asking why should we attend church-will it make others keep attending?
Sure it's a testimony to others if we attend faithfully as well as dress properly seven days a week.
Again we have to focus on our own heart and lives and be God honoring and leave the results to Him.
We can't keep everyone else's thoughts pure or make everyone attend church,  but we can make sure we don't have any spiritual heart problems and that we are living right before the Lord.
Simple. Very simple. Keep your heart with all diligence.

aleshanee said:
in countries where women wear burkas they are still subjected to sexual abuse and raped by men who can;t keep their thoughts pure......... then beaten and publicly shamed for their loss of purity..... and imprisoned or publicly hanged if they take action against the men who raped them...... meanwhile the men get off without so much as slap on the wrist........ ..... it;s interesting how similar some things are between fundamentalists of two countries and religions that are so vastly different..... and also very disturbing......  :-\

but you can show some serious ankle and foot if you wear a Burka flirtatiously.

I think Burkas are hot!!  ;D

The only long dresses I see on this island are women covering their bikinis.

julie33 said:
If a woman's heart is truly given to God and close to God, and the desires of her heart are to be pleasing God, then her motives and actions should follow-if her will is surrendered to please God. Modesty isn't questionable if her heart is right with the Lord and she's in a goid church that teaches and preaches right living.
Everything comes down to matters of the heart.
For the sold out Christian lady modesty should never be a question.

How does God define this modesty?

Holy Mole said:
aleshanee said:
in countries where women wear burkas they are still subjected to sexual abuse and raped by men who can;t keep their thoughts pure......... then beaten and publicly shamed for their loss of purity..... and imprisoned or publicly hanged if they take action against the men who raped them...... meanwhile the men get off without so much as slap on the wrist........ ..... it;s interesting how similar some things are between fundamentalists of two countries and religions that are so vastly different..... and also very disturbing......  :-\

but you can show some serious ankle and foot if you wear a Burka flirtatiously.

Burqas do have some practical advantages. You can hide an amazing amount of weaponry under one. A woman with an Uzi is a lot harder to oppress.

Holy Mole said:

Yes, I bet they're really hot.  Cover yourself from head to toe in a black sheet in a scorching climate?  Very hot. 

This forum has really gone down hill over the years. The old forum had class as did this forum in the beginning.

Now we have sodomite appeasers, silly women making illogical and ignorant statements about men and gender issues, mockers of things that are good, blasphemers, extreme biblical philosophers etc. The foolishness in this thread is saddening.

Have some self respect folks, not every thread you make and reply you write has to be humorous or consist of smug sarcasm.

North said:
This forum has really gone down hill over the years. The old forum had class as did this forum in the beginning.

Now we have sodomite appeasers, silly women making illogical and ignorant statements about men and gender issues, mockers of things that are good, blasphemers, extreme biblical philosophers etc. The foolishness in this thread is saddening.

Have some self respect folks, not every thread you make and reply you write has to be humorous or consist of smug sarcasm.

I have been reading the forums since January 2001. Can't say I see a lot of difference.  The topics may change with time but a whole lot is the same.  What is your issue with this particular thread or do people who don't agree with you always bother you?

North said:

Have some self respect folks, not every thread you make and rueply you write has to be humorous or consist of smug sarcasm.

Oh...stop your ranting! :p

I attended a church service a few weeks ago where a young lady wore a dress so short that if she had bent in any direction the slight bit... whatever she was wearing or not wearing underneath would have made an appearance. The ONLY reason I noticed was the fact she was singing in the choir, in the front row, on an open platform. Granted I was 5 or 6 rows back... I have no idea what the front row was witness to. There were other women wearing similar length dresses but all of them had something on underneath. Like tights or something else. (I'm not a woman's clothing expert). I must admit, it made me uncomfortable. Not that the I was attracted in any way or had "impure" thoughts. I didn't. God has the record. I have nothing to prove to anyone. I felt sorry for the girl. She wasn't on the beach. She wasn't at the gym. She wasn't trying to make a living selling the unsaleable.

Lets just say I don't like it any more than I don't like to hear a kid screaming at the top of his lungs during the majority of the service. Not that it bothers me that much but it does bother my son. He doesn't pay attention very well. Hormones are hormones. I don't expect the Swedish string bikini squad to show up at the school he attends to foster "good grades".  The beach gets my son going..... I didn't go to church in expectation of finding the sandy beaches or nice cold beer. I think I'll go to the beach to get that..... ;)

I have some advice. Non judgmental advice. Just an observation. Ladies. If you have to stand with your legs so tight together that you could stop molecular reproduction of bacteria from taking place.... just to keep someone from catching a glimpse of something you don't want them to see...... then put some more clothes on.

Just a thought. 

North said:

Come on, this is the fighting forum, that's why there is so much tension.

You might want to try the fellowship forum, keeps your blood pressure under control.

The Rogue Tomato said:
Holy Mole said:

Yes, I bet they're really hot.  Cover yourself from head to toe in a black sheet in a scorching climate?  Very hot.

True enough, for someone with the talent I think "a bicycle built for two" could be spoofed into "a Burka built for two"...but I can only imagine where some would take this.

aleshanee said:
North said:

this might be off the topic...... but i would just like to point out that not only is this soldier of the free
western world a female...... but she is also holding the most awesome and baddest of all military assault rifles
....... the beretta ar-70/90 ......now you can feel free to instruct us from your personal experience how a
woman in a burka or a long dress helped you keep your thoughts pure....... but in my opinion i think her attire.
.... and also her equipment... does a lot more to not only encourage men to keep their thoughts pure but
also to discourage any idea they might have about acting on them if they can;t...... and i also am pretty
sure she has tons of self respect too....

plus i doubt she is worried about being hanged by islamic fundamentalists for showing her ankles either......
... but i bet they are scared silly over the idea of being shot and dispatched to the after life by her....... 8)

aleshanee, I sure hope you were only trying to be humorous. If not, you may have accidentally revealed to this forum either your lack of information about men in particular or some serious inner hurts. I will assume you were only jesting.

BTW, I don't say that to be mean. It irks me how society treats women like objects but I think society's ill treatment of men is as sickening and harmful as it is of their treatment of women. Sadly, society's ill and harmful treatment of men is not take seriously by most people.

Should men sexually abuse women physically and verbally or let their mind run wild? No!
But...
When a woman says 'she doesn't have the ability to move a man's affections and desires by the movements of her body and what she wears, and if it happens it is the man's problem'.
To her, I and everyone else who is truthful would say, "Sister, you're not fooling anyone. Is the sky blue? Stop lying."

Let's not tip the scale to one side at the expense of the other because we were personally hurt by one or a few bad apples or bad gender philosophies.

Off Note: I may have been a little too harsh on my first post of this thread, but the last few pages of this thread were terribly off color. If I offended anyone with what I wrote, forgive me.

aleshanee said:
Izdaari said:

That is a sweet rifle! Nice beret too. I'm envious.  :D

did you notice the airborn emblem on her beret?.....  8)........my sister has a rifle like that now... an ar 70/90....she said if she had tested that one first she probably wouldn;t have even bothered with the other types or models..... ..  but personally i would just be happy with the beret..... i wouldn;t want to have to do what it takes to earn it though.....  :eek: .......

I am having a rough time keeping up. You mean your sister who is  'running with scissors?'  Or used to be on this forum?

Yeah, I noticed the airborn emblem, but I couldn't wear that, not having earned it. I'd put something else in its place, something I'm entitled to wear.  8)

aleshanee said:
BALAAM said:
aleshanee said:
Izdaari said:

That is a sweet rifle! Nice beret too. I'm envious.  :D

did you notice the airborn emblem on her beret?.....  8)........my sister has a rifle like that now... an ar 70/90....she said if she had tested that one first she probably wouldn;t have even bothered with the other types or models..... ..  but personally i would just be happy with the beret..... i wouldn;t want to have to do what it takes to earn it though.....  :eek: .......

I am having a rough time keeping up. You mean your sister who is  'running with scissors?'  Or used to be on this forum?

yep... the very same.........runswithscissors......  :) .....she has never been on this forum...but she was on the old one...... ...she is married now and is back working from their main office new york city.... although at the moment she is overseas.......... so what use to be her office here is now our surfboard and bicycle storage room.....  :p ........plus her and her husbands motorcycles are in there too..... ......... she still comes back here for a few days from time to time........ she is over due to come back now and should have been here before thanksgiving......but right now we are hoping to see her at christmas........... ....i don;t know if she will ever come back on an fff forum again or not....... but i sometimes wish she would.......... people like north and a few others i could mention might benefit from her way of explaining things....... then again... maybe not....... but i would at least like to see her give them the chance....... 8)

Remember her quite well. Very kind and very intelligent.

Did she have a suggestion for a better way for us to waste our time?

I must have missed the part about her being your sister. Darn speed reading.