Iain Paisley, R.I.P.

It was a pretty popular fashion statement back in the day too.

One less KJV-onlyist to disturb the church.
One less Orange clown to disturb the peace.
One less magic blooder to deceive the body of Christ with heretical Christology.

Nah . . . can't find it in my heart to weep. Not real tears, anyway.

Ransom said:
One less magic blooder to deceive the body of Christ with heretical Christology.

You beat me to it.

He is the speaker I first heard use Magic Blood doctrine and KJVO in one speech.

Bro. Hyles had him in to speak at FBCH in the late 60s or early 70s.

I don't think Bro. Hyles was a magic blooder then like he was in the 90s.

He was most definitely opposed to KJVO then.

Brings back lots of memories mostly bad.

We need more fire and brimstone preachers, because all those Christians need to be saved. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
We need more fire and brimstone preachers, because all those Christians need to be saved.

I see that hand, bless you son.
You're close to perfecting your one trick. ;)

Thank God I'm nearer home today than I've ever been. Home sweet home where Jesus is, where the great apostles are, where the mighty angels are, where all our blood-washed friends are.
We leap not into darkness, we Christians, and the shadow of death. We leap, rather, into the light and the burning sunshine of the light that will never go out.
-Ian Paisley, last public sermon at Martyrs Memorial Church in Belfast

Ransom said:

I'll go one step further and say that the man could have used a good country butt whipping. He went out of his way to incite violence and was nothing but a trouble maker.

ChuckBob

ChuckBob said:
Ransom said:

I'll go one step further and say that the man could have used a good country butt whipping. He went out of his way to incite violence and was nothing but a trouble maker.

ChuckBob
Yeah. Cause denouncing the pope is such a bad thing. We should all just lay down and run back to Rome. Grahsm said so. Van Wimpy said it's ok. Warren is on board. Osteen is with it. Goofy old fundy Paisley just wouldn't get on board.

ItinerantPreacher said:
Yeah. Cause denouncing the pope is such a bad thing. We should all just lay down and run back to Rome. Grahsm said so. Van Wimpy said it's ok. Warren is on board. Osteen is with it. Goofy old fundy Paisley just wouldn't get on board.

I didn't realize that Paisley singlehandedly kept the Pope from taking over the world. Oh geez we're in trouble now.

ItinerantPreacher said:
So if I denounce him I stop him? Sweet. I've got some denouncing to do.

Well then get after it man. I am already feeling drawn to speak Latin.

subllibrm said:
ItinerantPreacher said:

Yo quiero Taco Bell?

rsc2a said:
subllibrm said:
ItinerantPreacher said:

Yo quiero Taco Bell?

Mecosta Newaygo!

Sorry, Michigan joke.

rsc2a said:
subllibrm said:
ItinerantPreacher said:

Yo quiero Taco Bell?
I'm drawn to Latinos myself....at least my wife and kids.

8)

ItinerantPreacher said:
ChuckBob said:
Ransom said:

ChuckBob

IT let me let you in on something. Aside from a few xer's nobody gives a rip about the pope or anybody's opinion of him. He's just no that significant.

As for St. Ian, his rants, actions and bigotry got people hurt and even killed. His mouth kept a violent climate ongoing years longer than it would have had he just shut up. In the end he became irrelevant as people on both sides wised up.

But he didn't like the pope so he's a hero.

ChuckBob

ItinerantPreacher said:

Well, have fun saving Christianity! You're our only hope now that Paisley is taking a dirt nap.

Wear a Superman T-shirt and tie a red towel around your neck. It will probably make Frankie quake in his shiny red shoes.

ChuckBob said:
ItinerantPreacher said:
ChuckBob said:
Ransom said:

ChuckBob

IT let me let you in on something. Aside from a few xer's nobody gives a rip about the pope or anybody's opinion of him. He's just no that significant.

As for St. Ian, his rants, actions and bigotry got people hurt and even killed. His mouth kept a violent climate ongoing years longer than it would have had he just shut up. In the end he became irrelevant as people on both sides wised up.

But he didn't like the pope so he's a hero.

ChuckBob
Yeah. I should probably stop denouncing Islam. It's inflammatory, could be viewed as bigoted, and occasionally I rant. ISIS is irrelevant anyway. What was I thinking.