ICHABOD

TheRealJonStewart said:
But the problem is you never answered my question.
Looking back, there is more than one question.  Would you kindly reiterate the question it is that you want me to answer?

Route_70 said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
But the problem is you never answered my question.
Looking back, there is more than one question.  Would you kindly reiterate the question it is that you want me to answer?

Ah yes, immediately label others who question as ignorant or so on. Reasonable suspicion and probable cause are useful and at many times proven right but is it wrong to question one's as well? Hopefully this debate doesn't lead to the issue about the 4th amendment.

What about the churches that do deal with the problem? I'm proud of this Pope currently, he is cleaning up Vatican.  Are you lumping them all together? We shouldn't judge all individuals on the basis of a few criminals. I am not religious but I do not judge all Christians because of the actions of one. I do not judge all Muslims because of the actions of a few terrorist.

Is being skeptical or asking questions ignorance? (Only answered half of it, but not directly)

This is my thread. I wrote the OP. You are the troll here.
In the words of Anderson Cooper - What are you, 5?

You can't deal with a subjective moralist.

The standard is a moving target.

T-Bone said:
So now you have spread your rumors and innuendo on Facebook.  You are still gossiping about an unnamed church and unnamed school. You inferred the principal was involved with minor girl without any proof.  You are spreading gossip and you need to repent.

I hope by now that you fools have been educated and have repented of your ignorance.  One does not need proof to report suspicious child abuse, which is what I did.

I outed a child molester.  What have you done lately?

[No change. - Ransom]

Route_70 said:
I hope by now that you fools have been educated and have repented of your ignorance.

When T-Bone wrote that, he was exactly correct.

One does not need proof to report suspicious child abuse, which is what I did.

So you weren't really informing us or trying to stir us to action, were you? You're only bragging about how heroic you are.

I outed a braggart. I guess you just have to make do with the inferior material you're given.

Ransom said:

No, I was exactly correct.  T-Bonehead inferred that I needed proof.  The law clearly says that all you need is
"reasonable suspicion."

T-Bonehead also said that I needed to repent.  "Repent" means quit doing what you are doing.  When I started posting on Facebook I posted cryptically -- no names; but some of the victims were reading what I wrote, and what I wrote gave them courage to speak out.  So, it is a good thing that I did not repent then.  So why should I repent now?

Ransom said:
So you weren't really informing us or trying to stir us to action, were you? You're only bragging about how heroic you are.

"How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?" ~~ James 1:22

Ransom said:
I outed a braggart. I guess you just have to make do with the inferior material you're given.

Okay, I admit that I laughed out loud when I read this.  It is funny -- the kind of retort that should make one proud.

Route_70 said:
T-Bone said:
So now you have spread your rumors and innuendo on Facebook.  You are still gossiping about an unnamed church and unnamed school. You inferred the principal was involved with minor girl without any proof.  You are spreading gossip and you need to repent.

I hope by now that you fools have been educated and have repented of your ignorance.  One does not need proof to report suspicious child abuse, which is what I did.

But you still never answered any of my questions. One does need proof and evidence to win a case, anyone can report suspicious activity. I've done many things that I'm proud of.

"Take heed, lest ye fall."

Route_70 said:
Walt said:
Sometimes people suspect something may be wrong, but they don't want to start a fuss.

They see the consequences of speaking out.  They see me being attacked here on this forum, on Facebook, and other online venues, and they are afraid of being attacked the way I have been.  So, those on this forum who have attacked me and denigrated me have facilitated the child molester.  When someone else sees the way that I get scorned by the likes of the goody-goody, holier-than-thou, pure-as-the-driven-snow Jim Jones, Jo and others, innocent children suffer the consequences.

True.  Mr A may suspect something is amiss with leader C, but are not sure, so they talk to someone who knows C better - Mr B. Mr B may know about one incident, but is good friends with C and doesn't want to blight what he considers an very blessed ministry, so he acts dismissive of the charges to A  with words like this: "People in C's position are often accused; Satan uses this to bring down a great ministry.  Now, A, I know that you are not the type to spread rumors that could cripple a man. I have never seen C molest a child, and I don't know of him molesting children, so keep working hard and don't worry about it."  Everything B says could be true, but he is in reality covering for C.  A has been intimidated into keeping quiet... it's not just molestation -- almost any egregious (that  is, ministry-ending) sin committed by C is covered up in this way.  A feels as though he has been assured that there is no basis to believe the sin and he doesn't want to be accused of ending a ministry.

I've seen this tactic used multiple times.

TheRealJonStewart said:
Route_70 said:
Walt said:
Sometimes people suspect something may be wrong, but they don't want to start a fuss.

They see the consequences of speaking out.  They see me being attacked here on this forum, on Facebook, and other online venues, and they are afraid of being attacked the way I have been.  So, those on this forum who have attacked me and denigrated me have facilitated the child molester.  When someone else sees the way that I get scorned by the likes of the goody-goody, holier-than-thou, pure-as-the-driven-snow Jim Jones, Jo and others, innocent children suffer the consequences.

Innocent children suffer the consequences because of criticism from other people online?

Innocents suffer when good people are intimidated into doing nothing.

Route_70 said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
Molesters are the problem and the symptom. People have the right to question the legitimacy of an accusation and be a skeptic of it. Always ask questions.

You have perfectly illustrated the problem.  People are ignorant, like you.  Most states have a mandatory reporter statute.  The one in my state includes the phrase "reasonable suspicion."  If you have a reasonable suspicion that child molestation occurs then you are required by law to report your reasonable suspicion to the proper legal authorities or face jail time yourself.  Right now in my state, you can spend upwards of a year in the state pen for failing to report your reasonable suspicions.

There is another state where the penalty is four years.

Yes, the churches and their leadership is the problem.  As we all know FBC Hammmond and their leadership harbored a child molester and philanderer for years.  Look at all the problems that resulted from that.  For years Baptist churches, instead of dealing with the problem, have shuffled around their adulterous and child-molesting preachers.

If the churches would deal with the problem, we would have a lot less of the symptom.

FBCH has much to answer for in this respect, but I would point out that there are thousands of Independent Baptist Churches; many of them have no affiliation with FBCH.  Just because I think there have been, relatively speaking, just a few leaders caught in such horrible sin.  While even one is one too many, it does not mean that every IFB church is covering up for child molestors.

Walt said:
FBCH has much to answer for in this respect, but I would point out that there are thousands of Independent Baptist Churches; many of them have no affiliation with FBCH.  Just because I think there have been, relatively speaking, just a few leaders caught in such horrible sin.  While even one is one too many, it does not mean that every IFB church is covering up for child molestors.

True dat!

Pay attention to the news.  There are MANY pastors from various denominations that are caught up in this stuff.  Recently in the news, a "Christian Church" pastor from Indiana traveled to Kentucky intending to have sexual relationship with a minor.  When it was really a cop, he traveled to Alabama (I think - it was another state) to kill himself.

Route_70 said:
Ransom said:

No, I was exactly correct.  T-Bonehead inferred that I needed proof.  The law clearly says that all you need is
"reasonable suspicion."

T-Bonehead also said that I needed to repent.  "Repent" means quit doing what you are doing.  When I started posting on Facebook I posted cryptically -- no names; but some of the victims were reading what I wrote, and what I wrote gave them courage to speak out.  So, it is a good thing that I did not repent then.  So why should I repent now?

Ransom said:

"How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?" ~~ James 1:22

Ransom said:

Okay, I admit that I laughed out loud when I read this.  It is funny -- the kind of retort that should make one proud.

Wrong...I inferred nothing, I said what I said in reference to what you said...and the repent statement was to stop what you were doing in reference to the gossip...period. Since that time we have come to see that you are a self serving atheist, so your approach makes sense...including bringing up a post out of time that has already been dealt with. Carry on though you are nothing if not entertainin.

Route_70 said:
T-Bone said:

[No change. - Ransom]

And just to keep it real here...the only fool is the one that does not believe in God.  And you will never know what most do here, because they don't do it to brag or for your amusement.

T-Bonehead said:
the only fool is the one that does not believe in God.

Negative. T-Bonehead:  "he that uttereth a slander, is a fool." Proverbs 10:18

Route_70 said:
T-Bonehead said:
the only fool is the one that does not believe in God.

Negative. T-Bonehead:  "he that uttereth a slander, is a fool." Proverbs 10:18

Well that one went right over your head...I was speaking specifically of those involved in this thread ... Kapish?  I doubt it.