ICHABOD

Route_70 said:
T-Bonehead said:
How he shared it here did nothing to help that happen and rather than gain support ... It's not a competition, and if we did do anything, we are not suppose to boast of it here.

You are quite right, T-Bonehead.  I had no right to expect any support from this group.  I apologize for all my shortcomings, outing child molesters not being one of them.

Yes, you are to be congratulated for "outing" a child molester, and I salute you.

However, the "what have YOU done lately?" is not needed and unwise.  Are we not told that comparing ourselves among ourselves is "not wise"?

Route_70 said:
T-Bonehead said:
Well there you go again...your reading comprehension needs some work, as I made it clear that if you were involved I was grateful.

Let us emphasize the fact that the church and community are full of God-fearing, church-going people, who tithe and show up for Wednesday prayer meeting, and everything ... and many of them knew of the behavior of Shane Casabella yet said nothing!

The Bible and Christianity and salvation and church are worthless if that is the best they have to offer!

It was left to an atheist, among all those Bible believers to do the right thing!

Glad you did the right thing... but give the others a break; some may have been as timid (or more so) than you; they may have feared breaking with their group & being cut adrift, utterly friendless and without their support system.  Yes, it is easy for others to point fingers after the fact, but we haven't been in their place.

Tim said:
T-Bone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Route_70 said:
Jim Jones said:
Thank God for atheists.

Without you, the woman you met on the old FFF, then shacked up with, could have spared herself much misery, money and consternation.

Once again, I apologize for all my shortcomings, among which is an innate ability to break women's hearts.

I guess I can't help myself.

Well, you'd certainly be my go to guy on all moral and family issues!  ;)*

* extreme sarcasm used in the production of that post.

Hey remember, he knows the Bible ten times more than any of us on this forum put togehter!  Don't believe me...ask him.

Why do Atheist even read the Bible that in-depth?

Easy: to proved the Bible believers wrong or foolish in not knowing the book they profess to follow.

Route_70 said:
T-Bonehead said:
You need to meet some new Christians

"new" Christians is not good.  I would just settle for meeting some good ones -- ones who tell the truth and set a good example.  Certainly not on this site.

I tell the truth, and try to set a good example, and I believe many of the people on here could say the same.

Route_70 said:
T-Bone said:
Really, are you looking to be offended...do you need safe zone. No one is being abusive...both sides in this are being direct. Maybe you think contending for the faith is sitting around sing Cum-by-ya...your are not going to like it here if that's the case.

I agree with you here.  When I attack "Christians" per se, I am merely pointing out the salient fact that Christians can be unreasonable and insensitive -- just like non-Christians can be.  And there is plenty of unreasonableness and insensitivity displayed here by those who call themselves Christians.

Well, that's quite true.  Unreasonableness and insensitivity don't really know any boundaries.  Christians are still fallible humans - only we are have been forgiven and our slate wiped clean before God.  We should be trying to live  better, but we are still fallible.

That's the interesting thing about the topic of Christian behavior.  We have the Word to live by and we often fall short, but what code do atheists have?  I'm not saying all atheists are immoral.  I'm asking where is their moral compass?

As for my being "harsh",  Sword is probably right; however, if anyone has followed Route 70s posts on the old FFF, you will notice a pattern of insults and accusations against Christians. His words speak for themselves.  They are for "entertainment" value.

I have always been skeptical of people who tell stories where they are always the hero.  I enjoy a good biography, but rarely do I enjoy a braggart.

Jo said:
I have always been skeptical of people who tell stories where they are always the hero.  I enjoy a good biography, but rarely do I enjoy a braggart.

Me too.

However, if Route 70 is correct, and he attempted to draw attention to the problem early, and was ridiculed and insulted, he may have reason enough to want to say "I told you so" and draw attention to the fact that he was the one that started it.

Walt said:
if Route 70 is correct, and he attempted to draw attention to the problem early, and was ridiculed and insulted, he may have reason enough to want to say "I told you so" and draw attention to the fact that he was the one that started it.

I knew in the beginning that I would be ridiculed as wanting to "draw attention to the fact that was the one that started it."  There are two reasons in fact that I have brought up this issue:

#1 -- to keep the heat on the church and its leadership.  They have, in fact, violated Mississippi State's "mandatory reporting" statute.  I kept up the heat on the principal -- long enough for some of the girls to finally speak out; it is my hope that someone with some "umph" will finally go after the church and school leadership for failing to follow, not only God's "moral guide," but also for failing to act in accordance with the law.  Girls were molested for more than a year after I raised the warning.

#2 -- to draw attention to the fact that all these good church-going, god-fearing "Christians" who have a "moral guide," which atheist do not, were in full knowledge of the fact that this pervert was sexually molesting young girls, yet did nothing -- and it was up to the immoral, degenerate, so-called, self-proclaimed "atheist," who has no "moral guide" to be the one and only person to do the right thing.

How do you explain this?  What then is the point of having a "moral guide?"

TheRealJonStewart said:
This guy needs some help with graphic design and photoshop.

I apologize for all my shortcomings.

He sucks.

Revealing personal information is not protocol for this site -- especially since you promised you wouldn't tell.

Route_70 said:
Walt said:
if Route 70 is correct, and he attempted to draw attention to the problem early, and was ridiculed and insulted, he may have reason enough to want to say "I told you so" and draw attention to the fact that he was the one that started it.

I knew in the beginning that I would be ridiculed as wanting to "draw attention to the fact that *I* was the one that started it."  There are two reasons in fact that I have brought up this issue:

#1 -- to keep the heat on the church and its leadership.  They have, in fact, violated Mississippi State's "mandatory reporting" statute.  I kept up the heat on the principal -- long enough for some of the girls to finally speak out; it is my hope that someone with some "umph" will finally go after the church and school leadership for failing to follow, not only God's "moral guide," but also for failing to act in accordance with the law.  Girls were molested for more than a year after I raised the warning.

I'm glad that you kept on the heat. It is a shame that if people in the church had knowledge, they did not act. It does not excuse them, but I have been in similar situations, and people just don't want to go against the church leadership.

#2 -- to draw attention to the fact that all these good church-going, god-fearing "Christians" who have a "moral guide," which atheist do not, were in full knowledge of the fact that this pervert was sexually molesting young girls, yet did nothing -- and it was up to the immoral, degenerate, so-called, self-proclaimed "atheist," who has no "moral guide" to be the one and only person to do the right thing.

How do you explain this?  What then is the point of having a "moral guide?"

We humans have emotions and are rarely totally dispassionate about decisions.  Many people, for example, have the "moral guide" of being loyal to their friends, and it takes quite a bit to overcome that loyalty.  I mean something for which they would condemn a stranger, they excuse in their friends. Sometimes people suspect something may be wrong, but they don't want to start a fuss.

It shouldn't happen, but it does.  That doesn't invalidate the usefulness of a moral guide.

Walt said:
We humans have emotions and are rarely totally dispassionate about decisions.  Many people, for example, have the "moral guide" of being loyal to their friends, and it takes quite a bit to overcome that loyalty.  I mean something for which they would condemn a stranger, they excuse in their friends. Sometimes people suspect something may be wrong, but they don't want to start a fuss.

It shouldn't happen, but it does.  That doesn't invalidate the usefulness of a moral guide.

What "usefulness?"  If a moral guide is not followed -- if it is not acted on, then it has no usefulness.  It is useless. 

There are those on this board who would say that I have no "moral guide."  How then does one explain my actions?  Was I being immoral when I tried to draw attention to my "reasonable suspicions?" I use the phrase "reasonable suspicions" because that is the phrase used in the state statute regarding mandatory reporting.  All a person needs is a "reasonable suspicion."  And if a person does not report this activity to a proper legal agent, then that person is in violation of the law and can serve time in prison for failing to act.

This idea that we are putting a smile on God's face by attending Sunday School and preaching and singing praises to him with our hands held high is a load of bunk if we turn a blind eye to our "reasonable suspicions."

So it turns out that in my case, the state law, enacted by a secular government was more useful than any moral guide the so-called God-fearing, church-going "Christians" in my community community.

Subjective morality lets you pick and choose who or what you abuse.

Jim Jones said:
Subjective morality lets you pick and choose who or what you abuse.

You would equate taking advantage of a woman who left her husband for another man to sexually assaulting a child?

When you use subjective morality as your guide, you end up excusing all your wrongs based on the lowest common denominator.

Route_70 said:
Walt said:

What "usefulness?"  If a moral guide is not followed -- if it is not acted on, then it has no usefulness.  It is useless. 

There are those on this board who would say that I have no "moral guide."  How then does one explain my actions?  Was I being immoral when I tried to draw attention to my "reasonable suspicions?" I use the phrase "reasonable suspicions" because that is the phrase used in the state statute regarding mandatory reporting.  All a person needs is a "reasonable suspicion."  And if a person does not report this activity to a proper legal agent, then that person is in violation of the law and can serve time in prison for failing to act.

This idea that we are putting a smile on God's face by attending Sunday School and preaching and singing praises to him with our hands held high is a load of bunk if we turn a blind eye to our "reasonable suspicions."

So it turns out that in my case, the state law, enacted by a secular government was more useful than any moral guide the so-called God-fearing, church-going "Christians" in my community community.

If an entire group of believers had suspicions and none of them went to the authorities, that is criminal.

In my opinion, there are no heroes in such stories.  If you want to make yourself out to be the hero, carry on.

Walt said:
Sometimes people suspect something may be wrong, but they don't want to start a fuss.

They see the consequences of speaking out.  They see me being attacked here on this forum, on Facebook, and other online venues, and they are afraid of being attacked the way I have been.  So, those on this forum who have attacked me and denigrated me have facilitated the child molester.  When someone else sees the way that I get scorned by the likes of the goody-goody, holier-than-thou, pure-as-the-driven-snow Jim Jones, Jo and others, innocent children suffer the consequences.

Route_70 said:
Walt said:
Sometimes people suspect something may be wrong, but they don't want to start a fuss.

They see the consequences of speaking out.  They see me being attacked here on this forum, on Facebook, and other online venues, and they are afraid of being attacked the way I have been.  So, those on this forum who have attacked me and denigrated me have facilitated the child molester.  When someone else sees the way that I get scorned by the likes of the goody-goody, holier-than-thou, pure-as-the-driven-snow Jim Jones, Jo and others, innocent children suffer the consequences.

Innocent children suffer the consequences because of criticism from other people online?