Is Commonwealth College in Lexington now HAC south?

Tom Brennan said:
Norefund said:
If we all abhor that practice, and I believe we do, why do so many here still refer to these puffed up egomaniacs by this "Honorary Doctorate?" No one should be referred to as Dr. _____ if they did not earn a Doctorate degree. Period. Exclamation point.

Right. Because anyone who didn't get it the academic way clearly did nothing to earn it...

Many in the secular world get honorary doctorates including: business people, entertainers, every former POTUS, Mohammed Ali, Oprah, JK Rowling has SIX, Dolly Parton, Kermit the Frog(Southampton College), and even Mike Tyson....and NONE of them go by "Dr." No occupation uses the "Dr." sometimes even when earned (J.D.), except humble servants of God (gag). 

LongGone said:
IFB X-Files said:
patriotic said:
You can see it from the interstate?

LOL!  No, I think that would be impossible.  The school is on Versailles Road.

Yes are technically correct. Versailles Road is four lanes in front of the building.

sigh

If you are going to make statements and claim to have first hand knowledge, don't exaggerate claims that can be easily disproven by google.  Versailles Road, US HWY 60, is SIX lanes wide with a turn median in between the lanes and a parking lane on either side. 

Commonwealth started as a basement Bible college, literally meeting in the building basement.  I haven't been back to that area in many years, but the pics look alot nicer than what I remember.  I am not claiming that Commonwealth is a great place to get a "Degree" (actually a certificate of completion), but they have grown up a good bit and fit the niche which they are after.  You know, the John Ham Bling type of phony, pride-filled, performance based christianity IFBers who host admitted pedophiles on their campus to teach their young people.

Yep.  HAC south.

Holy Mole said:
Tom Brennan said:
Norefund said:
If we all abhor that practice, and I believe we do, why do so many here still refer to these puffed up egomaniacs by this "Honorary Doctorate?" No one should be referred to as Dr. _____ if they did not earn a Doctorate degree. Period. Exclamation point.

Right. Because anyone who didn't get it the academic way clearly did nothing to earn it...

Many in the secular world get honorary doctorates including: business people, entertainers, every former POTUS, Mohammed Ali, Oprah, JK Rowling has SIX, Dolly Parton, Kermit the Frog(Southampton College), and even Mike Tyson....and NONE of them go by "Dr." No occupation uses the "Dr." sometimes even when earned (J.D.), except humble servants of God (gag).

Exactly.  Double gag.

Binaca Chugger said:
LongGone said:
IFB X-Files said:
patriotic said:

Yes are technically correct. Versailles Road is four lanes in front of the building.

sigh

If you are going to make statements and claim to have first hand knowledge, don't exaggerate claims that can be easily disproven by google.  Versailles Road, US HWY 60, is SIX lanes wide with a turn median in between the lanes and a parking lane on either side. 

Commonwealth started as a basement Bible college, literally meeting in the building basement.  I haven't been back to that area in many years, but the pics look alot nicer than what I remember.  I am not claiming that Commonwealth is a great place to get a "Degree" (actually a certificate of completion), but they have grown up a good bit and fit the niche which they are after.  You know, the John Ham Bling type of phony, pride-filled, performance based christianity IFBers who host admitted pedophiles on their campus to teach their young people.

Yep.  HAC south.
Who is the admitted pedophile?

16KJV11 said:
Binaca Chugger said:
LongGone said:
IFB X-Files said:
patriotic said:

sigh

Yep.  HAC south.
Who is the admitted pedophile?

"Pastor" Chester Mulligan.

Let's not forget Fugate's promotion of the Voyeur King, Greg Neal.  Apparently #OldPaths means you secretly video tape women in your church changing clothes, stalk and molest girls in your youth group and make friends with those who do.

Binaca Chugger said:

Let's not forget Fugate's promotion of the Voyeur King, Greg Neal.  Apparently #OldPaths means you secretly video tape women in your church changing clothes, stalk and molest girls in your youth group and make friends with those who do.

...nor can we forget his embrace of the whacko Gail Riplinger. By doctrine/practice, I am rather similar to Fugate but I cannot look past what you have said and his embrace of Riplinger. I just can't look past it. I am weary with such foolishness.

Tom Brennan said:
Binaca Chugger said:

...nor can we forget his embrace of the whacko Gail Riplinger. By doctrine/practice, I am rather similar to Fugate but I cannot look past what you have said and his embrace of Riplinger. I just can't look past it. I am weary with such foolishness.

Ditto.

Which is why I left the movement.  I can't find anyone in it who isn't influenced by it.  I would rather attend church with women wearing pants than a pastor who is yoked up with pedophiles.

Tom Brennan said:

Yes. For many... this is true. I don't have first hamd knowledge of HAC, but I do of 2 other IFB schools who hand them out if you have been breathing for 30 years or became the pastor of a certain church.

Binaca Chugger said:
Because I have enough posts.  8)

Sadly... I know of cases where men have been given an honorary doctorate with far less effort than posting 1,000 posts here.

sigh

Yep.  HAC south.
[/quote]

Isn't exaggeration claiming something is more than it is?  I guess I should have remember six lanes but the point was it is on a busy highway.  I did give them credit for the nice building that still has the motel right behind it.  I would still argue it would be considered a wannabe HAC South.  The church is smaller than FBCH and the school (even if nicer than when you saw it) is rinky dink compared to HAC.

LongGone said:
sigh

Yep.  HAC south.

Isn't exaggeration claiming something is more than it is?  I guess I should have remember six lanes but the point was it is on a busy highway.  I did give them credit for the nice building that still has the motel right behind it.  I would still argue it would be considered a wannabe HAC South.  The church is smaller than FBCH and the school (even if nicer than when you saw it) is rinky dink compared to HAC.
[/quote]
Well, duh! 

NOTHING is as great as HAC!

It is my understanding that their goal is to be just like HAC was before the Schaap/Fugate war.  Again, I think tgey would consider it a compliment to be called HAC south.

I think I should get a doctorate because I inspired 8 pages of posts.

I see my nephew dressed in a trench coat at a youth conference. Make a joke about it with an HAC flair and 8pages of posts.

I DESERVE A DOCTOR'S DEGREE.

Tennessean said:

I see my nephew dressed in a trench coat at a youth conference. Make a joke about it with an HAC flair and 8pages of posts.

Have you been gone so long you forgot how it is done? 

Step 1:  speak poorly of yourself to give the impression of humility.

Step 2:  talk of your burden and how such an idea was impressed upon you.

Step 3:  show the numbers resulting from your work.

Step 4:  proclaim how mightily you have been used by God to accomplish this feat.

Step 5:  acknowledge all accolades by agreeing that God needed you for this time and place.

Step 6:  minimize the efforts of any other work by comparing it to some number you can boast.

Step 7:  accept your doctorate and go on a book tour

cast.sheep said:
At this particular time...I can not figure out for the life of me why ANYONE would send their kids to HAC.  They have a skeletal staff and faculty with even fewer qualified faculty than ever.  Maybe I am missing something.  What's the draw????  At one time the draw was FBCH and the ability to learn ministry from practical experience.  Now that they have lost all credibility, what's the draw???  This is a serious question.  I truly am curious.

Good luck ever understanding this one, it defies all God-given logic! Honestly, how did anyone continue to support Schaap over the past ten years or so is beyond me as well.

Tennessean said:

You must work for it. I am the admin and even I had to earn it!

FSSL said:
Tennessean said:

Raider and I have preached all across the country calling HACkers to repentance, drawing large crowds, Keeping the Sharpie Pen industry going with all the welcome signs. Next time we meet together I will bring up the possibility of conferring upon you a doctorate. Your post of the nephew was right down the line. we both admire you for it.

Baptist City Holdout said:
FSSL said:
Tennessean said:

Raider and I have preached all across the country calling HACkers to repentance, drawing large crowds, Keeping the Sharpie Pen industry going with all the welcome signs. Next time we meet together I will bring up the possibility of conferring upon you a doctorate. Your post of the nephew was right down the line. we both admire you for it.

I would consider him a coupon.

RAIDER said:
Baptist City Holdout said:
FSSL said:
Tennessean said:

I would consider him a coupon.

I consider the trio of you idiots!