Is IFB a cult?

Back in the day, Key staff members were given a lease car that the church provided every 3 years. Most staff also had a second car that was a beater. JH taught that you should pay your staff such that they continue to be reliant upon God. Then, the church can swoop in with extra gifts at needed times to help build unity and appreciation for the church offerings. Yeah - you could say that was manipulation and control.

So did Hyles (and later Schaap) drive a nice car (Cadillac or Lincoln Continental) while HAC/FBC Staffers drove Ford Pintos?? I digress. Bro Tony Hutson drives a big ol' pickup truck HAY-MAN!

Good for you! Sounds like you accomplished quite a bit. Honestly - I am not attacking - I am curious. Why would you say your experience was akin to a witness protection program? Did you fear for your safety after leaving? Honestly, I don't get it.

Maybe my experience was just different. So many of my friends left the IFB long before I did. They just quite coming, got jobs in the area and went on with their life. Looking at their Facebook, it appears many of them enjoy sharing a pint while talking about old times at local establishments, but I don't think they are in fear. I know some who talk about living a phony life and how when they left to live as they really are, many people snubbed them, but again, I wouldn't call that a cult. None of those people are living in hiding. When I joined an SBC church, many people were shocked and some of my family were hurt. Some people in the IFB don't really want to have much to do with me. I don't take that as cultish, I think we are just different and the thing that united us is no longer present.
I’ve no doubt that you don’t get it. Really getting it requires a life-altering awakening. If I answered your questions here, in a way that might have a remote chance at doing that, then I would reveal enough of myself to make all of my efforts to protect myself become moot. To explain is to reveal. To conceal is to protect. Even blissful liberation does not liberate me from the hellacious memories of that event and all that was to follow. I have not been completely safe since, and the art of concealment is daily practice. Suffice to say that IFB has its own version of mafia. I don’t expect you to understand that.

So did Hyles (and later Schaap) drive a nice car (Cadillac or Lincoln Continental) while HAC/FBC Staffers drove Ford Pintos?? I digress. Bro Tony Hutson drives a big ol' pickup truck HAY-MAN!
I think all of the staff cars were an Oldsmobile Cutlass. At least in the 70’s they were.

I think all of the staff cars were an Oldsmobile Cutlass. At least in the 70’s they were.
Was Jack Hyles wearing his signature shades/tinted glasses at the time? That's another story.

At Hellsong New York, the metrosexual girly man Carl Lentz ( a false teacher who was also fired by Hellsong) would drive up in a new $400,000 Bentley while the staff members drove Mustangs/Corvettes. Lentz may be a false teacher but he at least gave his staff members expensive sports cars.

A big ol pick up truck is the only thing that can haul that fat man!

Was Jack Hyles wearing his signature shades/tinted glasses at the time? That's another story.

At Hellsong New York, the metrosexual girly man Carl Lentz ( a false teacher who was also fired by Hellsong) would drive up in a new $400,000 Bentley while the staff members drove Mustangs/Corvettes. Lentz may be a false teacher but he at least gave his staff members expensive sports cars.
If you are driving a $400,000 Bentley and your staff only get a $30,000 Mustang, it is much worse than JH driving the mail car and his staff driving other beaters.

First off, Camp Tracey....two men groping (think adultery) then paddling a teenage girl there, one after the other after the other... This is one example...Hephzibah house, Rebekah house for girls, and so on. It should never be a man lay a hand on a teenage girl...no matter the time period or even since time began that should never be so unless of course it's the parent...but it should be moreso with the mother that should be the one disciplining her daughter, because this is same-gender, same with father to son. This is my gripes against it, and so I fully disagree with the IFB on this! Not only that, but they torture boys and girls...the list is so extensive, if you did research you would loathe and be sick from it. God is definitely not there, at least with these pedophiles around! If you want to make a difference, put all these men to death... These rapists and "people who think they're exercisizing corporal punishment and think it's from God (as they somehow believe it's "god's will" when they paddle a teenage girl like that" and so forth....justifying pedophilia by corporal punishment. It's what it is. There is no reasoning involved, it's bad! And all those men (not father) who've abused a girl and tortured too or a boy, should be put in prison with shackles...my anger burns. They use God as an excuse to justify harming a girl (and they say it's of God!). What misogynist ungodly people; God created man both male and female in His image. Also those men who see a rod as a paddle, which a rod isn't but it's thin and reed-like, to discipline a girl with and scourge them with on their bottoms are evil people (not following the proverbs about it but twisting it with their desire which is sexual by nature), and those male instructors who have done it in a private Christian school are evil too, sexually abusive. They see females as inferior and objects of sexual desire, that they could satisfy their sexual lust with. "Holier than thou" kind of people. Sick. I don't care if it was 30 years ago or not. That's for the parents and the parents ONLY, and even they shouldn't abuse their own children. Spanking is good, but not what those at Camp Tracey did, they need to be held accountable. Or maybe they need to bring back scourging, so that these men could face scourging, those who abuse girls. I think too that I need to be scourged as well for being sexually aroused by it myself! Here's one more that should get you to pause and consider about it....a girl was murdered in the florida IFB boarding school while trying to build something for them...and there was a death threat by mack ford toward a girl, saying that if she left he would kill her after he had beat her too and he raped some girls too... And the baby paddling by Ron William's wife even after the baby stopped crying she still paddled him and Ron Williams, her husband, said "hit him sister, hit him!" even after the baby stopped crying and the one woman who saw it thought that he would die! Also the girls at Camp Tracey committed suicide attempts because of what was happening to them there and many boys and girls who've been there don't want their "god" to serve their "god" they want nothing to do with that "god"....Some people decided they wanted nothing to do with church anymore...If God does not see all this, then He does not exist... but I believe He does, and He will punish them. All of this should cause you all to stop and consider about this... This stuff is worse than BDSM....far worse, this is real, not a joke, not for fun, not for some sick leisure time arousal, they do it because they think it's from "god" but really when it boils down to it, they are getting a sexual arousal out of it. There were some gay people too along the way...

Last edited:
No call for making nasty comments like this on a Christian forum.
It's got to be out there...so people can consider things...If no one shares about these things, then most people won't even know about it. It's good to expose the works of darkness. Their whole ideas on how to torture boys and girls in these places is bad.

"Questions or doubts are discouraged" - I've heard preachers say that the people should always go with what the preacher said if you are in doubt.
Just this last Sunday, our pastor was citing Acts 17 in his sermon. He told the congregation if we have any question about what he is teaching, we ought to come to him and ask how what he's teaching squares with scripture.

No call for making nasty comments like this on a Christian forum.
can I ask how I can have worded it better that would have made it clear the things that happened without going too far and too far in detail? Should I have just said, these places have tortured boys and girls? Because that's what happened...I don't want everyone to know about it, because I don't think it's right for people to see such things or even think about it. Somehow it's got to be put out there with discretion.

can I ask how I can have worded it better that would have made it clear the things that happened without going too far and too far in detail? Should I have just said, these places have tortured boys and girls? Because that's what happened...I don't want everyone to know about it, because I don't think it's right for people to see such things or even think about it. Somehow it's got to be put out there with discretion.
if you want you can ask my message to be deleted...just I would hope and want it to reach the right people about all that happened in these places. All I can say is, it should never have happened to begin with, what happened at those boarding schools or at Camp Tracey. What happened there, should never ever have happened, and I want all involved to be held accountable.

if you want you can ask my message to be deleted...just I would hope and want it to reach the right people about all that happened in these places. All I can say is, it should never have happened to begin with, what happened at those boarding schools or at Camp Tracey. What happened there, should never ever have happened, and I want all involved to be held accountable.
I wasn’t referring to the topic. The last sentence was the inappropriate part.

First off, Camp Tracey....two men groping (think adultery) then paddling a teenage girl there, one after the other after the other... This is one example...Hephzibah house, Rebekah house for girls, and so on. It should never be a man lay a hand on a teenage girl...no matter the time period or even since time began that should never be so unless of course it's the parent...but it should be moreso with the mother that should be the one disciplining her daughter, because this is same-gender, same with father to son. This is my gripes against it, and so I fully disagree with the IFB on this! Not only that, but they torture boys and girls...the list is so extensive, if you did research you would loathe and be sick from it. God is definitely not there, at least with these pedophiles around! If you want to make a difference, put all these men to death... These rapists and "people who think they're exercisizing corporal punishment and think it's from God (as they somehow believe it's "god's will" when they paddle a teenage girl like that" and so forth....justifying pedophilia by corporal punishment. It's what it is. There is no reasoning involved, it's bad! And all those men (not father) who've abused a girl and tortured too or a boy, should be put in prison with shackles...my anger burns. They use God as an excuse to justify harming a girl (and they say it's of God!). What misogynist ungodly people; God created man both male and female in His image. Also those men who see a rod as a paddle, which a rod isn't but it's thin and reed-like, to discipline a girl with and scourge them with on their bottoms are evil people (not following the proverbs about it but twisting it with their desire which is sexual by nature), and those male instructors who have done it in a private Christian school are evil too, sexually abusive. They see females as inferior and objects of sexual desire, that they could satisfy their sexual lust with. "Holier than thou" kind of people. Sick. I don't care if it was 30 years ago or not. That's for the parents and the parents ONLY, and even they shouldn't abuse their own children. Spanking is good, but not what those at Camp Tracey did, they need to be held accountable. Or maybe they need to bring back scourging, so that these men could face scourging, those who abuse girls. I think too that I need to be scourged as well for being sexually aroused by it myself! Here's one more that should get you to pause and consider about it....a girl was murdered in the florida IFB boarding school while trying to build something for them...and there was a death threat by mack ford toward a girl, saying that if she left he would kill her after he had beat her too and he raped some girls too... And the baby paddling by Ron William's wife even after the baby stopped crying she still paddled him and Ron Williams, her husband, said "hit him sister, hit him!" even after the baby stopped crying and the one woman who saw it thought that he would die! Also the girls at Camp Tracey committed suicide attempts because of what was happening to them there and many boys and girls who've been there don't want their "god" to serve their "god" they want nothing to do with that "god"....Some people decided they wanted nothing to do with church anymore...If God does not see all this, then He does not exist... but I believe He does, and He will punish them. All of this should cause you all to stop and consider about this... This stuff is worse than BDSM....far worse, this is real, not a joke, not for fun, not for some sick leisure time arousal, they do it because they think it's from "god" but really when it boils down to it, they are getting a sexual arousal out of it. There were some gay people too along the way...
This post reminds me of two songs:

Dirty Laundry by Don Henley

Ramble On by Led Zeppelin

First off, Camp Tracey....two men groping (think adultery) then paddling a teenage girl there, one after the other after the other... This is one example...Hephzibah house, Rebekah house for girls, and so on.... He will punish them. All of this should cause you all to stop and consider about this...
Do any of these organizations exist still? These things have been posted on many times. We would agree with you that these are wicked...

I had requests to review your post as it rambles and gets a bit graphic. Unfortunately, these men have been coddled by way too many churches and colleges within Fundamentalism. I challenged my own pastor to remove the Hephzibah House flyers... he did... I moved away from that brand of Fundamentalism that coddled/s these ministries. I doubt they still exist. Gothard is gone. I wonder how it is going with Roloff Homes

Other organizations, not considered Fundamentalist, have similar stories...

Are you a victim of that Camp? If so, do you need resources to overcome your past?