Is there a mass flight away from the IFB movement?

Quote from: cave_dweller on Today at 05:38:30 PM
It's pretty funny when hear of people leaving an IFB church. You never hear of them going somewhere else where there is a greater compassion for the lost. Nope, they just leave somewhere where there is no pressure to obey the commands of God.

What a crock! ;)

cave_dweller said:
It's pretty funny when hear of people leaving an IFB church. You never hear of them going somewhere else where there is a greater compassion for the lost. Nope, they just leave somewhere where there is no pressure to obey the commands of God.

Couple of things here. There is no greater compassion for the lost; and you know this how? You are parroting something you heard. No pressure to obey the commands of God; and you know this how? Parroting something you heard.

I heard somewhat the same thing from Jack Hyles. Only he said that people who leave a church like this never run to one that has higher standards.
Seems to me that if you talk about biblical standards and you also use the term higher or lower then there is no real biblical standard.

Am I right or wrong on this?

Tarheel Baptist said:

What a crock! ;)
Apparently someone has spent too much time dwelling in the cave!

BALAAM said:
I heard somewhat the same thing from Jack Hyles. Only he said that people who leave a church like this never run to one that has higher standards.
Seems to me that if you talk about biblical standards and you also use the term higher or lower then there is no real biblical standard.

Wrong.

Well, you asked.  :D

BALAAM said:
cave_dweller said:

Couple of things here. There is no greater compassion for the lost; and you know this how? You are parroting something you heard. No pressure to obey the commands of God; and you know this how? Parroting something you heard.

Actually the issue across the board, and not just IFB churches, is are the standards biblical or from the traditions of men.

cave_dweller said:

Go back to your cave - you are absolutely clueless.

I am in a church with higher standards and real compassion for both members and the lost.  Family in the old gaurd of the IFB choked when I told them my church has higher music standards than theirs, but we do.  We have a higher percentage of members going visiting than their nationally acclaimed "church."  We also take time to counsel, pastor, pray with, disciple and encourage our fellow church member rather than shaking a hand at church and flying off to the next meeting out of town.  Oh, we don't have a bus route and most of the women might be found at Walmart in a pair of slacks - so we are libural and rong and baaaaad.  ::)

I am in a church with higher standards and real compassion for both members and the lost.  Family in the old gaurd of the IFB choked when I told them my church has higher music standards than theirs, but we do.  We have a higher percentage of members going visiting than their nationally acclaimed "church."  We also take time to counsel, pastor, pray with, disciple and encourage our fellow church member rather than shaking a hand at church and flying off to the next meeting out of town.  Oh, we don't have a bus route and most of the women might be found at Walmart in a pair of slacks - so we are libural and rong and baaaaad

Dude, cut the stereotype crap out. You people claim I am parroting what I hear from others. Yet this whole thread claims that people are leaving the IFB church in droves. Where is this info coming from? Is someone parroting this as well??? Either way, people always leave truth for sin, never error. You don't leave a soul winning church to go to that's more on fire for God. I've never known
this happening. They either get out of church all together, or they go where the preacher shares how every day can be a Friday.

T-Bone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

What a crock! ;)

Gee thanks for offering your intelligent point of view. Real wisdom
In your comments

cave_dweller said:
I am in a church with higher standards and real compassion for both members and the lost.  Family in the old gaurd of the IFB choked when I told them my church has higher music standards than theirs, but we do.  We have a higher percentage of members going visiting than their nationally acclaimed "church."  We also take time to counsel, pastor, pray with, disciple and encourage our fellow church member rather than shaking a hand at church and flying off to the next meeting out of town.  Oh, we don't have a bus route and most of the women might be found at Walmart in a pair of slacks - so we are libural and rong and baaaaad

Dude, cut the stereotype crap out. You people claim I am parroting what I hear from others. Yet this whole thread claims that people are leaving the IFB church in droves. Where is this info coming from? Is someone parroting this as well??? Either way, people always leave truth for sin, never error. You don't leave a soul winning church to go to that's more on fire for God. I've never known
this happening. They either get out of church all together, or they go where the preacher shares how every day can be a Friday.

You fully well exemplify why people are leaving your movement.  To you, truth is simply your opinion based off of your experience.  No matter how many times and from how many people you are told you are wrong, you refuse to recognize that your opinion might be wrong.  Sorry.  Many of us now base our Truth on Scripture, not another's opinion.

Have fun in your cave.

Binaca Chugger said:
cave_dweller said:

You fully well exemplify why people are leaving your movement.  To you, truth is simply your opinion based off of your experience.  No matter how many times and from how many people you are told you are wrong, you refuse to recognize that your opinion might be wrong.  Sorry.  Many of us no base our Truth on Scripture, not another's opinion.

Have fun in your cave.

You are guilty if the same thing you are accusing me of. You are ridiculous.

cave_dweller said:
T-Bone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

What a crock! ;)

In your comments

With every post you prove my statement is right on target... Get some light the darkness has caused blindness .

T-Bone said:
cave_dweller said:
T-Bone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

What a crock! ;)

In your comments

With every post you prove my statement is right on target... Get some light the darkness has caused blindness .

Once again you provide nothing of substance in your comments. My boy, I'm afraid the public school system has failed you. It's not your fault though.

rsc2a said:
cave_dweller said:

I'll take ill-informed generalities for $400, Alex.
Daily Double, what's your bet?

Mine is, that he will run the category.

Anishinaabe

cave_dweller said:
Nothing like pressure to obey God' s commands.
Here's a few you've skipped:
1Co 14:29-31
29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
30 If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

1Co 14:37
37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

Ever been pressured to obey these commands?

OOPS.

Anishinaabe

cave_dweller said:
Binaca Chugger said:
cave_dweller said:

You fully well exemplify why people are leaving your movement.  To you, truth is simply your opinion based off of your experience.  No matter how many times and from how many people you are told you are wrong, you refuse to recognize that your opinion might be wrong.  Sorry.  Many of us no base our Truth on Scripture, not another's opinion.

Have fun in your cave.

You are guilty if the same thing you are accusing me of. You are ridiculous.

PeeWee Herman!?!  Is that you!?!

images

cave_dweller said:
Either way, people always leave truth for sin, never error.

Unless they're leaving another church for an IFB one, then theyuv seen the light-uh, amen halleluyuh!

cave_dweller said:
T-Bone said:
cave_dweller said:
T-Bone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

What a crock! ;)

In your comments

Once again you provide nothing of substance in your comments. My boy, I'm afraid the public school system has failed you. It's not your fault though.

Yeah I could have gone to an unaccredited church skool like you, huh!

T-Bone said:
cave_dweller said:
T-Bone said:
cave_dweller said:
T-Bone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

What a crock! ;)

In your comments

again nothing of substance. Your whit and charm is through the roof.

cave_dweller said:
T-Bone said:
cave_dweller said:
T-Bone said:
cave_dweller said:
T-Bone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

What a crock! ;)

In your comments

again nothing of substance. Your whit and charm is through the roof.

Why thank you!