Jack Schaap out of prison

I see what you mean, but I honestly don't see Schaap showing up at 1st Baptist. I might be wrong, but I don't think so.
With the current pastor there, I don't believe he would be asked to preach there.

Statement by FBC-Hammond spokesman Rick Sparks: “Our ministry has not had contact with him [Jack Schaap] and do not know his future plans. We are confident he will not have any connection to First Baptist Church or Hyles-Anderson College.”

If people question the sincerity of Schaap's repentance or the discernment of the Hyles sycophants, you have to recognize that there's a few precedents set: A. V. Ballenger, Dave Hyles, Joe Combs, Jacky-boy himself...
Your point is taken. I would hope that the leaders there now would not follow that sinful precedent.

No doubt they will not follow that precedent.

Besides that, will they revoke his "doctorate" and his "ordination"?
If he "earned" his doctorate, they shouldn't rescind it. His ordination is another matter completely unless the Baptist community is going to "deliver him over to the adversary for destruction of the flesh...."

If he "earned" his doctorate, they shouldn't rescind it.

Schaap's "doctorate" is an honorary one from HAC. Those fundamentalist church-run Bible colleges aren't capable of granting graduate degrees, and I sincerely doubt there are a dozen Hyles-Anderson alumni actually capable of earning one at a legitimate university or seminary.

His ordination is another matter completely unless the Baptist community is going to "deliver him over to the adversary for destruction of the flesh...."

One might think being a statutory rapist would disqualify someone from ordination, given that at the very least it violates 1 Timothy 3:2.

Schaap's "doctorate" is an honorary one from HAC. Those fundamentalist church-run Bible colleges aren't capable of granting graduate degrees, and I sincerely doubt there are a dozen Hyles-Anderson alumni actually capable of earning one at a legitimate university or seminary.

One might think being a statutory rapist would disqualify someone from ordination, given that at the very least it violates 1 Timothy 3:2.
Personally, I agree that his ordination should be revoked. Also, I wasn't aware of what his "doctoral" status was. Too many colleges giving out fake degrees.

Good for him. Perhaps he'll find a job doing something other than ministry. Perhaps, having been stripped of everything, he's found a new heart for God.
Leopards don't change ....

Statement by FBC-Hammond spokesman Rick Sparks: “Our ministry has not had contact with him [Jack Schaap] and do not know his future plans. We are confident he will not have any connection to First Baptist Church or Hyles-Anderson College.”
I was wondering why there are no reports of a large number of yellow ribbons tied 'round the old oak trees.

Protestia weighs in on Schaap's release - yes, I know, Protestia is maybe not the most reputable source - I am posting this only as evidence of "what people are saying" about this case, so take it or leave it on that basis.

"Schapp [sic] was [pastor of] the First Baptist Church of Hammond, Indiana, the largest church in the state. Marked by IFB theology- KJV Only, women can’t wear pants, and frequent bouts of crushing legalism, the church was led by Jack Hyles from 1959-2001, (himself no stranger to some nasty and likely true allegations, along with wretched theology) and then and then [sic] by his son-in-law Schapp until his arrest in 2012".

Disgraced Pastor of World's Largest Independent Fundamentalist Baptist Church Released From Prison Early - Protestia

He should sit back, rest a bit, drink down some sweet iced tea and reflect on the goodness of God. Bless his little heart.

Shows you've got the reasoning skills of a gnat!
I was just responding to your supernatural ability to judge people who have been out of the public eye for many years. You say, "I see no repentance in him". How can you say that? Perhaps you were his cell mate for a time. "I seriously doubt that he is sorry for what he's done." It is awesome that you have this insight. You don't believe he served a long enough amount of time in prison. Exactly how long would a proper sentence be? I'm sure you have a legal background.
I am no fan of Schaap. His false doctrine started many years ago. He committed a terrible crime. While we may be leery of what his future holds, to judge to the level you have is crazy. In time, you may be proven correct, but let's show a little mercy.20220511_091037.jpg