Jeff Owens has a new church!

I've been to one Ladies Conference at FBC - one and only one - I hate to hear women preachers and I dislike to hear Belinda Giona act like a fool on the platform.  We are not children, we are women so act like one.  I loved Mrs. Evans and Mrs. Hyles - two very different women.  Mrs. Evans preached and Mrs. Hyles spoke.  I could talk one-on-one with both, but not Mrs. Evans in a conference.  And Sheree Owens has no right giving women advice after what she did.  God forbid!

christundivided, I understand what you're saying and I agree.............

Still There, Mrs Evans always inspired me and she spoke from the heart. I never liked hearing Mrs Hyles to me she was tooo wishy washy. I need women to tell me like it is don't BS me .............

The most offensive thing in all of this is the hideous brochure that was created by an elementary student to advertise an adult women's conference.

Are these people for real? Are the IFBer's so out of touch with the reality of technological advances in the graphic industry that software like Photoshop, Indesign and the like are undiscovered phenomena's?

They are working from a 0 budget and that's what they came up with.............you get what you pay for...........

I dont like loud women, so I never did like listening to Mrs. Evans. I have never heard Mrs. Berry or Mrs Owens, I just dont think Mrs. Owens should be speaking to ladies!

The graphics are childish, exactly how they treat the women!

kaba: The graphics are childish, exactly how they treat the women!

But, kaba, you have to admit -- if they 'make it rain', it will be well worth being there! ;)

Yes, I would like a little bit of "rain"!

I think that they should have Lorena Bobbit as a featured speaker!!

brainisengaged said:
Grace Baptist Church of Cedar Grove, NC has a flyer on their Facebook for their ladies conference...and Shery (sp?) Owens is a featured guest speaker.

Two days ago I posted a question (as a private message) to this church through their Facebook page asking why they were having an adulterer speak at the ladies meeting.

So far no response.  I will post if they respond.  Do not hold your breath.

Private messages from someone not on your 'friend' list go into a box called 'other', or something like that. When I found out about the existence of that 'other' box, I found three different heretofore unseen messages sent to me long ago. If they are not savvy, your message may go unseen...

brainisengaged said:
Private messages from someone not on your 'friend' list go into a box called 'other', or something like that. When I found out about the existence of that 'other' box, I found three different heretofore unseen messages sent to me long ago. If they are not savvy, your message may go unseen...

This is a "like" only page.  No "friends".  Message goes direct.

BALAAM said:
Half of em could relate.

IFB X-Files said:
brainisengaged said:
Grace Baptist Church of Cedar Grove, NC has a flyer on their Facebook for their ladies conference...and Shery (sp?) Owens is a featured guest speaker.

Two days ago I posted a question (as a private message) to this church through their Facebook page asking why they were having an adulterer speak at the ladies meeting.

So far no response.  I will post if they respond.  Do not hold your breath.
I turn blue, not green, when I hold mine.

brainisengaged said:
ahhh! carry on, then! good show!
Jolly!  Pip, pip! Right, then.

BALAAM said:
BALAAM said:
Where have you people been all of these years? You all need to get your priorities straight!! As long as she doesn't wear "britches" that is the main thing that matters. Adultery can be dealt with discreetly but britches on women will disqualify you every time!

And some of you may think that I am joking and maybe I am to some extent. But I can 100% guarantee that they would not have her speak if she wore pants. Adultery; get over it.

Naturally; adultery is a sin that is over and done with, and (presumably) forgiven.

But if she's wearing trousers/britches/pants, that's an ongoing sin...

:)

Seems like they were able to bury stuff in google pretty well but I found this on Bing:

Seems her hubby has a domain set up in her name:

http://scheryowens.com/index.html

Notice the homepage including a sermon of forgiveness: I wonder if that's what he preached when someone of another "camp" had similar or lesser problems.

Also, did you know for only $24.00 you can get 28 lessons on 2 mp3s on marriage entitled "Together Forever"?

Why not try to make some $$ for the furtherance of God's kingdom off of this?

These things are sure to be a best seller...order yours today.

http://owenspublications.com/together-forever/

prophet said:
BALAAM said:
Half of em could relate.

Hey! If Cindy would have been influenced by this girl we may not have the circus we have had for the past two or three years! ;D ;D

BALAAM said:
prophet said:
BALAAM said:
Half of em could relate.

Hey! If Cindy would have been influenced by this girl we may not have the circus we have had for the past two or three years! ;D ;D
Lol.  Bet she thinks back to a time or two when she should have,  now and then.

Hey brains engaged, what's the story on Matt Smith? Pm me if you like