Jeremy Whitman Lancaster Baptist Church Does anyone know anything about this?

prophet said:
Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:
ALAYMAN said:
nib1066 said:
Roy Payne said:
"Nib" makes claims (again, anonymously) with no proof (again, lacking any evidence that will withstand unbiased scrutiny).

Hi “Pastor,”

I made the claim against PC that he is both a deceiver and a charlatan. The dictionary defines charlatan as, “a person who pretends or claims to have more knowledge or skill than he or she possesses.” Then I revealed the truth that PC uses the title Doctor even though he has never earned said title. What more proof do you need of the fact that PC is indeed a liar and a charlatan?

Honestly, you as a pastor should be most offended by his deception. Are not truth and honesty things that you consider to be high Christian principles? How do you explain your defense of such a person that would base much of his public persona on a lie? Did not Christ Himself demand that we hold the to the truth as a high ideal?

My name is Nathan BTW. WCBC class of 1999.

The elephant in the room that y'all keep avoiding is the question Tarheel keeps asking.  What does Chappell have to do with causing this murder-suicide.  I've seen lots of innuendo and gossip, just no evidence.
It's being ignored, because it isn't the issue at hand.

The issue is PC putting out disinformation to the press, while the ink has yet to cool on his new tome imploring fellow ifb's to be transparent.

Anishinaabe

Exactly.  I do not believe PC ordered a hit - such supposition is ludicrous.  What we here are pointing out is that the church spokesman intentionally lied to the press.  Deceit.  We have been down that road and are suggesting to those there that they look a little deeper.  We also find it very intriguing that a man who promotes himself to IFBdom as a leader of transparency and openness and servant leadership within IFB churches, would promote lying to the press, nondisclosure and manipulation.  Just one of those things that make you go Hmmmmm......
Tarheel has a dog in this fight cuz PC was an IFB he could stomach...this is all going south for him.

Anishinaabe

Yeah...I'm on suicide watch as I type this.... ;D

I have ONLY asked for proof or solid evidence that LBC was involved with or covered up this tragedy....and there is NONE...to this point!

I have also said, repeatedly, that IF such proof is revealed, the church, pastor and anyone involved should be prosecuted and punished to the full extent of what the law allows.

The obsession and wishful thinking by SOME that LBC will be involved is almost comical....and sad at the same time.

Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:
ALAYMAN said:
nib1066 said:
Roy Payne said:
"Nib" makes claims (again, anonymously) with no proof (again, lacking any evidence that will withstand unbiased scrutiny).

Hi “Pastor,”

I made the claim against PC that he is both a deceiver and a charlatan. The dictionary defines charlatan as, “a person who pretends or claims to have more knowledge or skill than he or she possesses.” Then I revealed the truth that PC uses the title Doctor even though he has never earned said title. What more proof do you need of the fact that PC is indeed a liar and a charlatan?

Honestly, you as a pastor should be most offended by his deception. Are not truth and honesty things that you consider to be high Christian principles? How do you explain your defense of such a person that would base much of his public persona on a lie? Did not Christ Himself demand that we hold the to the truth as a high ideal?

My name is Nathan BTW. WCBC class of 1999.

The elephant in the room that y'all keep avoiding is the question Tarheel keeps asking.  What does Chappell have to do with causing this murder-suicide.  I've seen lots of innuendo and gossip, just no evidence.
It's being ignored, because it isn't the issue at hand.

The issue is PC putting out disinformation to the press, while the ink has yet to cool on his new tome imploring fellow ifb's to be transparent.

Anishinaabe

Exactly.  I do not believe PC ordered a hit - such supposition is ludicrous.  What we here are pointing out is that the church spokesman intentionally lied to the press.  Deceit.  We have been down that road and are suggesting to those there that they look a little deeper.  We also find it very intriguing that a man who promotes himself to IFBdom as a leader of transparency and openness and servant leadership within IFB churches, would promote lying to the press, nondisclosure and manipulation.  Just one of those things that make you go Hmmmmm......
Tarheel has a dog in this fight cuz PC was an IFB he could stomach...this is all going south for him.

Anishinaabe

Yeah...I'm on suicide watch as I type this.... ;D

I have ONLY asked for proof or solid evidence that LBC was involved with or covered up this tragedy....and there is NONE...to this point!

I have also said, repeatedly, that IF such proof is revealed, the church, pastor and anyone involved should be prosecuted and punished to the full extent of what the law allows.

The obsession and wishful thinking by SOME that LBC will be involved is almost comical....and sad at the same time.
Non-issue.  The issue is the knee-jerk reaction, by Dudley Do Right, the self-appointed apostle to pointing out moats, to do exactly the opposite of what his brand spanky new book tells everyone else to do.
When we called for a little beam removal, from a man with a less than stellar rep for honesty, you squawked.
Shortly thereafter, he was caught red-handed, putting out lying disinformation as an official church press release.
God is not mocked, and I love His timing.

Anishinaabe

Tarheel Baptist said:

The girlfriend's post about how all this resulted from a bar fight between friends pretty well puts to rest connection to LBC concerning cause for murder suicide.  The truth is pure speculation from those of us on the outside and should be avoided. 

I don't think anyone here is claiming that PC and LBC and WCBC are actually involved in the murder / suicide. 

HOWEVER: We are pointing out on a different level (spiritual, relational), PC is NOT acting as he has instructed others to act in such cases.  We are pointing out that he and his cronies should stop involving themselves in other church's business, for they have a beam in their own eyes.  We are pointing out to those in the church that there are GREAT similarities between the behavior of PC and the behavior of other IFB leaders who have been found later to be quite guilty.

What amazes me, is that God himself stepped in, to show what some of us were saying, up to the weekend before this story hit the presses.
We warned you that PC was not transparent or honest.
He proved it.

Yet some here have either forgotten, or refuse to see the outright, blatant double-mindedness of this "leader".

Anishinaabe

prophet said:
What amazes me, is that God himself stepped in, to show what some of us were saying, up to the weekend before this story hit the presses.
He proved it.

Yet some here have either forgotten, or refuse to see the outright, blatant double-mindedness of this "leader".

Anishinaabe

Are we talking about the asst pastor or church spokesman who said the deceased was not a pastor as the reason for the non transparency charge?
If so, I can see that point. But I have also read things about me and our ministry in the paper that weren't true and they cited us as their source....nothing sinister, just misinformation.

AGAIN, if there is wrongdoing by the church or Chappell, I hope it is revealed and punished.

Some here are obviously more invested in LBC and Chappell's failure than I am in my claim that they are more relevant than other IFBs....which at this point is still true.

...but *shrug*....

Binaca Chugger said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

The girlfriend's post about how all this resulted from a bar fight between friends pretty well puts to rest connection to LBC concerning cause for murder suicide.  The truth is pure speculation from those of us on the outside and should be avoided. 

I don't think anyone here is claiming that PC and LBC and WCBC are actually involved in the murder / suicide. 

HOWEVER: We are pointing out on a different level (spiritual, relational), PC is NOT acting as he has instructed others to act in such cases.  We are pointing out that he and his cronies should stop involving themselves in other church's business, for they have a beam in their own eyes.  We are pointing out to those in the church that there are GREAT similarities between the behavior of PC and the behavior of other IFB leaders who have been found later to be quite guilty.

Fair enough, but are you/we basing that only on the 'was he a pastor or not' quote in the paper?

The murder/suicide couple shared an apartment with a female, who was the girlfriend of one of them...is that correct?

LBC has helped/ assisted both families, is that correct?

I just don't see the conspiracy.
Nothing personal to anyone here, but I just don't see it.....which doesn't mean it's not there....just don't see EVIDENCE of it at this point..... :)

Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
He proved it.

Anishinaabe

Are we talking about the asst pastor or church spokesman who said the deceased was not a pastor as the reason for the non transparency charge?
If so, I can see that point. But I have also read things about me and our ministry in the paper that weren't true and they cited us as their source....nothing sinister, just misinformation.

AGAIN, if there is wrongdoing by the church or Chappell, I hope it is revealed and punished.

Some here are obviously more invested in LBC and Chappell's failure than I am in my claim that they are more relevant than other IFBs....which at this point is still true.

...but *shrug*....
Yes, this is about the church's official answer to the initial press report.  The paper's came out and called JW a pastor.  LBC released a statement through their official channel, the asst. pastor, that JW was not in a pastoral role, bur rather clerical.
P.C. came out, after he was pressured to, and retracted the statement, not claiming to have been misquoted by the paper.

And this is the P.C. ,that we who protested his book, know him to be.

There are eyewitnesses on this forum, of his deceitful conversation, and savage attacks on saints who cry "foul".

Anishinaabe

Tarheel Baptist said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

Fair enough, but are you/we basing that only on the 'was he a pastor or not' quote in the paper?

The murder/suicide couple shared an apartment with a female, who was the girlfriend of one of them...is that correct?

LBC has helped/ assisted both families, is that correct?

I just don't see the conspiracy.
Nothing personal to anyone here, but I just don't see it.....which doesn't mean it's not there....just don't see EVIDENCE of it at this point..... :)

First I heard that the murdered and the murderer shared an apartment.

PC has gushed over the murderer.  He started an education fund for his children.  He printed something like one sentence about the murdered.  No public call for help of the murdered's family - at least not like for the murderer's.  Much of the outcry on the news site was about how PC praised and funded the murderer but not the murdered.

You are looking for the wrong thing.  No one here is claiming that PC is involved in the actual crime that took place.  Rather we are asking people to notice that PC is not who he claims himself to be as a pastor / leader.

Anyone wondered if Jeremy's main target was not Erik but PC himself? Maybe Jeremy told Erik and when Jeremy found out that Erik was going to let the local authorities know, Jeremy flipped out and killed him. I'm not sure if Jeremy was bitter towards PC but you never know. Maybe PC knew this from Erik in the end, yet decided not to share it to protect the Whitman family?

This might not be the case but from the way everything is rolling out, this is the theory I have come up with. I highly doubt there is any foul-play from the church or PC himself.

johnny30 said:
Anyone wondered if Jeremy's main target was not Erik but PC himself? Maybe Jeremy told Erik and when Jeremy found out that Erik was going to let the local authorities know, Jeremy flipped out and killed him. I'm not sure if Jeremy was bitter towards PC but you never know. Maybe PC knew this from Erik in the end, yet decided not to share it to protect the Whitman family?

This might not be the case but from the way everything is rolling out, this is the theory I have come up with. I highly doubt there is any foul-play from the church or PC himself.

Pure speculation which is fairly pointless.

johnny30 said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoRXhS7vlU

prophet said:
Yes, this is about the church's official answer to the initial press report.  The paper's came out and called JW a pastor.  LBC released a statement through their official channel, the asst. pastor, that JW was not in a pastoral role, bur rather clerical.
P.C. came out, after he was pressured to, and retracted the statement, not claiming to have been misquoted by the paper.

There are eyewitnesses on this forum, of his deceitful conversation, and savage attacks on saints who cry "foul".

Anishinaabe

He corrected the mistake by somebody who spoke for him.  Happens all the time in the real world.  Underlings misspeak and the paparazzi jumps all over it, but Chappell corrected the error.

much ado about nothing. 

this forum gets to be like a soap opera for some people, making mountains out of molehills.

ALAYMAN said:
prophet said:

Anishinaabe

He corrected the mistake by somebody who spoke for him.  Happens all the time in the real world.  Underlings misspeak and the paparazzi jumps all over it, but Chappell corrected the error.

much ado about nothing. 

this forum gets to be like a soap opera for some people, making mountains out of molehills.
Underlings?

Anishinaabe

[quote author=prophet]Underlings?

Anishinaabe[/quote]

It's from the first epistle to the church in Corinth. Remember where Paul said we are all parts of one body but some parts are vastly more important than the other ones? ;)

prophet said:
ALAYMAN said:
prophet said:

Anishinaabe

much ado about nothing. 

Underlings?

Anishinaabe

Following prophet is like following Hammy from Over The Hedge.

prophet said:
Underlings?

Anishinaabe

Yes, somebody less experienced, unable to deal with delicate situations properly.  Or maybe somebody who thinks he's helping the church and Christianity by minimizing the impact and importance of a former member.  Good intentions can sometimes lead people to do what they think best, but actually hurt or cause a poor impression to be made of an institution as a whole.  People make mistakes in the heat of battle when the pressure is more than they've faced before.  Chappell is accountable for having such people in positions of leadership, but he corrected it (according to your word).  Sounds like the right thing to do in a less than ideal situation.

rsc2a said:
[quote author=prophet]Underlings?

Anishinaabe

It's from the first epistle to the church in Corinth. Remember where Paul said we are all parts of one body but some parts are vastly more important than the other ones? ;)
[/quote]Ohhhhhh, now I remember (not)!

Anishinaabe

ALAYMAN said:
prophet said:
Underlings?

Anishinaabe

Yes, somebody less experienced, unable to deal with delicate situations properly.  Or maybe somebody who thinks he's helping the church and Christianity by minimizing the impact and importance of a former member.  Good intentions can sometimes lead people to do what they think best, but actually hurt or cause a poor impression to be made of an institution as a whole.  People make mistakes in the heat of battle when the pressure is more than they've faced before.  Chappell is accountable for having such people in positions of leadership, but he corrected it (according to your word).  Sounds like the right thing to do in a less than ideal situation.
Or the number one go to guy at LBC, sent out to "correct" the paper, for calling JW a pastor  in the initial story?

Anishinaabe

prophet said:
Or the number one go to guy at LBC, sent out to "correct" the paper, for calling JW a pastor  in the initial story?

Anishinaabe

I don't know, I'm trusting your word about the correction and retraction, so you'll have to explain what happened in order for me to make sense of it all.  My point, from what I understand happened, is that a man who is not the senior pastor of the church mis-spoke, and now it's been clarified.  If that's the case, it's all much ado about nothing IMHO.

ALAYMAN said:
prophet said:

Anishinaabe

I don't know, I'm trusting your word about the correction and retraction, so you'll have to explain what happened in order for me to make sense of it all.  My point, from what I understand happened, is that a man who is not the senior pastor of the church mis-spoke, and now it's been clarified.  If that's the case, it's all much ado about nothing IMHO.

Hey! Much ado about nothing is what the fff is all about! That is why I like it.! ;)