Joy Evans' message

Binaca Chugger said:
kaba said:
Dr Evans went along with the cover up! Dave was rewarded with a church in Texas, but why didn't the Evans' say anything? Dr. Evans still has the cover up mentality. His son got a divorce and doesnt want anyone to know.

IMO, Dr. Evans was sold the "good of the ministry / bigger picture" bill of goods. 

Rewarded?  Dave had to leave the only thing he knew and try to make it on his own (no feelings of sorrow for the predator).

Dr. Evans does have a private life is private mentality.  I have no clue why he has never stated anything publicly or been open about what happened.

yes, dave was rewarded with a church! He got the church on his name. Churches are just handed to people. He knew how to "pastor" a church so he continued in Texas. In regards to Evans..if that "private" life hurts others and affects them, it is no longer private and needs to be dealt with publicly! Exdaughter in law has been asked NOT to call the college so that no one finds out she is no longer married to his son....that is a cover up!

kaba said:
Binaca Chugger said:
kaba said:
Dr Evans went along with the cover up! Dave was rewarded with a church in Texas, but why didn't the Evans' say anything? Dr. Evans still has the cover up mentality. His son got a divorce and doesnt want anyone to know.

IMO, Dr. Evans was sold the "good of the ministry / bigger picture" bill of goods. 

Rewarded?  Dave had to leave the only thing he knew and try to make it on his own (no feelings of sorrow for the predator).

Dr. Evans does have a private life is private mentality.  I have no clue why he has never stated anything publicly or been open about what happened.

yes, dave was rewarded with a church! He got the church on his name. Churches are just handed to people. He knew how to "pastor" a church so he continued in Texas. In regards to Evans..if that "private" life hurts others and affects them, it is no longer private and needs to be dealt with publicly! Exdaughter in law has been asked NOT to call the college so that no one finds out she is no longer married to his son....that is a cover up!

I grew up at FBCH.  I only vaguely know that Dr. Evans has a son.  I don't recall ever hearing his name, or any stories about him.  I do know that the philosophy of the place is to put the "work of the ministry" over your family and if asked to choose between the ministry or your child or spouse, you should always choose the ministry.

I have learned that people in blindness are offended by the light.  When attempting to help others still in this system recognize the dreams are really delusions, we are typically met with quick rebuke, or worse.

Binaca Chugger said:
I grew up at FBCH.  I only vaguely know that Dr. Evans has a son.  I don't recall ever hearing his name, or any stories about him.  I do know that the philosophy of the place is to put the "work of the ministry" over your family and if asked to choose between the ministry or your child or spouse, you should always choose the ministry.

I have learned that people in blindness are offended by the light.  When attempting to help others still in this system recognize the dreams are really delusions, we are typically met with quick rebuke, or worse.

I used to hear sermon illustrations growing up at FBC about the heathen sacrificing their children to idols.  At the time it never occurred to me that Jack Hyles was sacrificing his children and the children of his staff to his idols. 

Timotheus said:
Binaca Chugger said:

I used to hear sermon illustrations growing up at FBC about the heathen sacrificing their children to idols.  At the time it never occurred to me that Jack Hyles was sacrificing his children and the children of his staff to his idols.

He was always about building the biggest and greatest church in the world, and no one was going to stop him, but he forgot about the LORD. The LORD did stop him, and we are paying the price for his grandiose delusions to this day.

1Ti 3:4  He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive,
1Ti 3:5  for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church?

The answer to the rhetorical question is that a man cannot care for God's church when he has a family that is like the JH family. He will reproduce in the church what he has in his family, divorce, and dysfunction.

Anyone from the earlier period recall the WE situation? 

I know that DH became a youth director while he was still a youth.  I do not know the age difference between he and this victim.  Why did WE stay silent and go along with things?  Was his daughter like 17 and DH 19 and she was willing (though seduced by power) and thus he felt compelled to keep everything quiet?

If WE's son would later "become rebellious" and abandon everything that his father stood for, would that not be like Absolom?  I believe Absolom's rebellion was every bit as much David's fault as any others.  David refused to punish Amnon for raping Absolom's sister.  David refused to hear out Absolom for a trial or Absolom's attempts for restoration.  Because David pushed Absolom away, Absolom went away.  Is this what happened with WE, daughter and son?  Because dad refused to defend his own daughter, brother saw it all as a lie?

One of the most perplexing things (to me) with this whole issue is that after 25 years I have come across enough people who were at fbch and were involved in this thing who knew what was going on. It has been proven beyond a doubt and yet there are still pin-heads like Bob Gray writing books, not about the Bible or spiritual matters, but praising jh as a man of principle yada yada yada. Kind of makes it easy to see how the Anitchrist will be able to deceive the nations. He could start right with the hyles crowd. That would be the easiest.

BALAAM said:
One of the most perplexing things (to me) with this whole issue is that after 25 years I have come across enough people who were at fbch and were involved in this thing who knew what was going on. It has been proven beyond a doubt and yet there are still pin-heads like Bob Gray writing books, not about the Bible or spiritual matters, but praising jh as a man of principle yada yada yada. Kind of makes it easy to see how the Anitchrist will be able to deceive the nations. He could start right with the hyles crowd. That would be the easiest.
Maybe the third easiest crowd.
The Hagee and MacArthur crowd could easily be neck and neck or ahead of them.

16KJV11 said:
BALAAM said:

Dunno about how much sexual abuse and sin the Hagee and Mac crowd is hiding or if that is the case at all in their circles...

Binaca Chugger said:
16KJV11 said:
bgwilkinson said:
One of a few dozen of DH many victims during his tenure as FBC youth director.
We need to pray for these young women as more are starting to follow LM example.

I would like to know how Dr. Evans approached Bro. Hyles about this.

I believe Dr. Evans threatened to leave if something was not done.  SO........  Dave Hyles suddenly received a "Call of god" to take the church in TX, and the rest is history.

Not sure if this is when "the call" took place. I was under the assumption that it happened when the daughter of the police officer was allegedly victimized. Maybe they happened around the same time. Not sure. Regardless, there was a huge cover-up all the way around.

Binaca Chugger said:

I know that DH became a youth director while he was still a youth.  I do not know the age difference between he and this victim.  Why did WE stay silent and go along with things?  Was his daughter like 17 and DH 19 and she was willing (though seduced by power) and thus he felt compelled to keep everything quiet?

If WE's son would later "become rebellious" and abandon everything that his father stood for, would that not be like Absolom?  I believe Absolom's rebellion was every bit as much David's fault as any others.  David refused to punish Amnon for raping Absolom's sister.  David refused to hear out Absolom for a trial or Absolom's attempts for restoration.  Because David pushed Absolom away, Absolom went away.  Is this what happened with WE, daughter and son?  Because dad refused to defend his own daughter, brother saw it all as a lie?

IIRC, I believe Joy is about 10 years younger than Dave, give or take a year or two.

Concerning Evan's son, we don't know what kind of "rebellion" (if any at all) took place. Divorce does not necessarly mean one is rebellious. Besides, how do we know that he wasn't being rebellious against an unjust and wicked system in which his own sister was victimized and the crime covered over? I don't see how that would compare with Absolom trying to subvert a king against God's plan for the Davidic kingdom.

I believe Dr. Evans son's name was David.  He was very much in the background.  Nothing much said about him.  Joy was their golden child and she was a very sweet young lady until DH got a hold of her.  I remember the incident(s).  He would threaten to go to her dad and say things about her and as a young very vulnerable teenager what else would you do.  He took her innosence.  She got out of here as quickly as she could and never looked back.  Good for her.  I can't think of the last time she was here except for her mom's funeral.  When DH became the youth pastor at 18, my parents would never allow us kids to go on youth activities because he and Jim Crall would lead the activities and if you knew those two together, they were bad news together.  That was the last of the activities.  Then Dr. Streeter took over and we never went to another one.  I remember he made a sledding activity and the girls had to wear skirts, no pants under the skirts and no tights.  To say the least no one went.  Going back to DH, ask Betty McCurdy, she has a lot of stories. ...

Still There said:
I believe Dr. Evans son's name was David.  He was very much in the background.  Nothing much said about him.  Joy was their golden child and she was a very sweet young lady until DH got a hold of her.  I remember the incident(s).  He would threaten to go to her dad and say things about her and as a young very vulnerable teenager what else would you do.  He took her innosence.  She got out of here as quickly as she could and never looked back.  Good for her.  I can't think of the last time she was here except for her mom's funeral.  When DH became the youth pastor at 18, my parents would never allow us kids to go on youth activities because he and Jim Crall would lead the activities and if you knew those two together, they were bad news together.  That was the last of the activities.  Then Dr. Streeter took over and we never went to another one.  I remember he made a sledding activity and the girls had to wear skirts, no pants under the skirts and no tights.  To say the least no one went.  Going back to DH, ask Betty McCurdy, she has a lot of stories. ...

greatestmen-1024x831.jpg

(Although Jim's and Dave's pictures are inverted. :) )

There is more to the Divorce for the Evans son-not going into details, but I feel sorry for his ex-wife!

Smellin Coffee said:
Still There said:

greatestmen-1024x831.jpg

This so illustrates what has been wrong with FBCH for some many years.

Man worship. Not God worship. How sick.

Since Dave is the Creator of Teen Soulwinning, does that mean he came up with the idea to go soul winning and leading people to the Lord?

kaba said:
Since Dave is the Creator of Teen Soulwinning, does that mean he came up with the idea to go soul winning and leading people to the Lord?

This was used by JH at Miller Road while he was there. DH learned from his dad.

Smellin Coffee said:
16KJV11 said:
BALAAM said:

Dunno about how much sexual abuse and sin the Hagee and Mac crowd is hiding or if that is the case at all in their circles...

I was thinking more on the lines of biblical heresy.  Both Hagee and MacArthur have made blatantly heretical statements.

bgwilkinson said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Still There said:

greatestmen-1024x831.jpg

This so illustrates what has been wrong with FBCH for some many years.

Man worship. Not God worship. How sick.
Yes this is disgusting.

Anishinaabe

16KJV11 said:
Smellin Coffee said:
16KJV11 said:
BALAAM said:

I was thinking more on the lines of biblical heresy.  Both Hagee and MacArthur have made blatantly heretical statements.

Gotcha now. I was thinking along the lines of morality and lack thereof. Thanks for the clarification.

Smellin Coffee said:
Binaca Chugger said:

IIRC, I believe Joy is about 10 years younger than Dave, give or take a year or two.

10 years is quite a span.  What was the timeframe then from her situation to DH leaving?

Smellin Coffee said:
Concerning Evan's son, we don't know what kind of "rebellion" (if any at all) took place. Divorce does not necessarly mean one is rebellious.
True.  All I know is that I never heard of him even though I grew up there and graduated from HAC having taken every course taught by Dr. Evans.  I was only assuming that the son had rebelled against the system which would be the silence.

Smellin Coffee said:
Besides, how do we know that he wasn't being rebellious against an unjust and wicked system in which his own sister was victimized and the crime covered over? I don't see how that would compare with Absolom trying to subvert a king against God's plan for the Davidic kingdom.

That is my point exactly.  I believe David was greatly at fault for not bringing justice to the attacker of his daughter and not having a relationship with the man who did bring justice to his daughter.  I fully see Absolom rebelling against an unjust and wicked system in which his own sister was victimized and the crime covered by his own father.