Joy Evans' message

Smellin Coffee said:
Still There said:
I believe Dr. Evans son's name was David.  He was very much in the background.  Nothing much said about him.  Joy was their golden child and she was a very sweet young lady until DH got a hold of her.  I remember the incident(s).  He would threaten to go to her dad and say things about her and as a young very vulnerable teenager what else would you do.  He took her innosence.  She got out of here as quickly as she could and never looked back.  Good for her.  I can't think of the last time she was here except for her mom's funeral.  When DH became the youth pastor at 18, my parents would never allow us kids to go on youth activities because he and Jim Crall would lead the activities and if you knew those two together, they were bad news together.  That was the last of the activities.  Then Dr. Streeter took over and we never went to another one.  I remember he made a sledding activity and the girls had to wear skirts, no pants under the skirts and no tights.  To say the least no one went.  Going back to DH, ask Betty McCurdy, she has a lot of stories. ...

greatestmen-1024x831.jpg

(Although Jim's and Dave's pictures are inverted. :) )

Incredible.

Where do you even find this stuff?

Smellin Coffee said:
16KJV11 said:
Smellin Coffee said:
16KJV11 said:
BALAAM said:
One of the most perplexing things (to me) with this whole issue is that after 25 years I have come across enough people who were at fbch and were involved in this thing who knew what was going on. It has been proven beyond a doubt and yet there are still pin-heads like Bob Gray writing books, not about the Bible or spiritual matters, but praising jh as a man of principle yada yada yada. Kind of makes it easy to see how the Anitchrist will be able to deceive the nations. He could start right with the hyles crowd. That would be the easiest.
Maybe the third easiest crowd.
The Hagee and MacArthur crowd could easily be neck and neck or ahead of them.

Dunno about how much sexual abuse and sin the Hagee and Mac crowd is hiding or if that is the case at all in their circles...

I was thinking more on the lines of biblical heresy.  Both Hagee and MacArthur have made blatantly heretical statements.

Gotcha now. I was thinking along the lines of morality and lack thereof. Thanks for the clarification.
Neither is healthy for a church or a Christian.
Just because a person is ethically moral doesn't make them a good Christian, else Mormon's would be the best 'Christians' around.
Just because a person is doctrinally correct doesn't make them a good Christian either ie, all the fallen pastors that we have seen.
Of course, I know that you know all this.

ok folks, help me out.

I obviously grew up in the EL youth department.  DH was never spoken of.  As I grew older, I heard about his "mistakes" and his "bad choices."  Later on, I learned that JH covered for his son for any number of supposed reasons.

Now, my question is: "Why did all these people whom I have always held in high esteem just stand by and let these things happen?"
Dr. Evans, Betty McC, and the list goes on.....  I understand EL, he was a dirtbag and would have been a part.  But, what gives?

PM me if you want, but I am searching here for reasons or explanations.  I want more information before I approach some people who I now feel have lied to me for decades. 

Anyone willing to fill me in?

Binaca Chugger said:
ok folks, help me out.

I obviously grew up in the EL youth department.  DH was never spoken of.  As I grew older, I heard about his "mistakes" and his "bad choices."  Later on, I learned that JH covered for his son for any number of supposed reasons.

Now, my question is: "Why did all these people whom I have always held in high esteem just stand by and let these things happen?"
Dr. Evans, Betty McC, and the list goes on.....  I understand EL, he was a dirtbag and would have been a part.  But, what gives?

PM me if you want, but I am searching here for reasons or explanations.  I want more information before I approach some people who I now feel have lied to me for decades. 

I didn't grow up there, but I did go to and graduate from HAC.
Now, I would like to know how the people who lied to you justify the cover-ups.
I for one cannot for the life of me understand the logic behind WE's silence in the DH/his daughter issue.
Blood would be squirting out of my eyes if I knew that DH was able to take a pastorate after all of his escapades including the issue with his daughter.

16KJV11 said:
Binaca Chugger said:
ok folks, help me out.

I for one cannot for the life of me understand the logic behind WE's silence in the DH/his daughter issue.
Blood would be squirting out of my eyes if I knew that DH was able to take a pastorate after all of his escapades including the issue with his daughter.

Shifting gears here, but follow me:

When the KJ issue was raised and the summit was held, a letter went out from WE proclaiming how correct JS's position is.  I know quite certainly that WE did not write the letter.  How could he stand by and let people use his name?  Legacy.  Position in life.  He is hired of that institution and so that institution has the ability to use his name to promote that institution. 

How could WE stand by?  I guess it was legacy and position in life.  The typical sacrificing family on the altar of ministry that is so common among the Hammondites.

I grew up at FBC in the Hyles era.  I was lied to about alot of things.  I am nearing a time to approach these people and ask them why I was lied to.  Am I missing something here that I should beware of?

wow - bad grammar these past few posts - pretty flustered, I guess.

Binaca Chugger said:
16KJV11 said:
Binaca Chugger said:
ok folks, help me out.

Shifting gears here, but follow me:

When the KJ issue was raised and the summit was held, a letter went out from WE proclaiming how correct JS's position is.  I know quite certainly that WE did not write the letter.  How could he stand by and let people use his name?  Legacy.  Position in life.  He is hired of that institution and so that institution has the ability to use his name to promote that institution. 

How could WE stand by?  I guess it was legacy and position in life.  The typical sacrificing family on the altar of ministry that is so common among the Hammondites.

I grew up at FBC in the Hyles era.  I was lied to about alot of things.  I am nearing a time to approach these people and ask them why I was lied to.  Am I missing something here that I should beware of?

wow - bad grammar these past few posts - pretty flustered, I guess.

WE IS still alive.  Anyone have an inroad to him?  I could ask him to come and preach for me and ask him all these questions!  :p

Binaca Chugger said:
ok folks, help me out.

Speculation, of course:

1. What would EL have gained by exposing the sins of Dave Hyles and the cover ups by Jack Hyles? Alternately, what would he have lost?
2. Same questions about Wendell Evans (I refuse to call anyone DR. unless I am certain they earned the degree through accredited work)
3. Apply that same question to everyone else who never spoke up and acted like nothing was wrong.
4. Ask George Godfrey what happens if you even suggest that appearances of impropriety exist.
5. Look at posts on this forum and the last. Anyone who spoke out is not credible at best and a moonbeam at worst. Even now that is the case.

Face it. We were part of the problem. You and me.

Binaca Chugger said:
ok folks, help me out.

IMO, Hyles supporters are like Obama supporters.  As long as they are sincere, in wanting to do the right thing, they are given a pass no matter how big the mistake is. 

Bruh said:
Binaca Chugger said:
ok folks, help me out.

IMO, Hyles supporters are like Obama supporters.  As long as they are sincere, in wanting to do the right thing, they are given a pass no matter how big the mistake is.

Has Brother Hyles been reincarnated? :eek:

16KJV11 said:
Bruh said:
Binaca Chugger said:
ok folks, help me out.

Has Brother Hyles been reincarnated? :eek:

Well, here's the thing, you have to excusing me, I'm not as educated as most on the HAC forum.  But, as long as you get the idea I'm happy and jumping between this and work doesn't help.   

But, present tense for Obama and past tense for Hyles.  :)

Binaca Chugger said:
ok folks, help me out.

Not quite sure of what you were meaning to say about Dr Evans, Betty McC......    Dr Evans covered sin and kept quiet, but Betty McC was part of the problem and committing sin and the pastors and principals covered FOR HER. 

tobytyler said:
Binaca Chugger said:
ok folks, help me out.

Not quite sure of what you were meaning to say about Dr Evans, Betty McC......    Dr Evans covered sin and kept quiet, but Betty McC was part of the problem and committing sin and the pastors and principals covered FOR HER.

BM??  I was taught that she was a very respectable lady!  I never heard this before!

For anyone interested in pictures of those HB students mentioned on this forum, here is an invaluable resource.

http://www.hbalumni.org/

Simply register user name and password.

This web site has all Excalibur Yearbooks from day one 1971 to 1990 with the exception of 1974 and 1984.

If you have one of these they would be happy to include it also.

You will find DH, CH and LH in the 1971 book.

BH was gone to BJU by then.

EL is on pages 62 and 63.

Betty McC is also in the 1971 book. You would need to know her maiden name though.

Her brother is in there too.

If you were an HB student these will bring back the suppressed memories.

If you were not a student you can see who we are talking about.

Also on FB.  https://www.facebook.com/HBAlumni

Betty McCurdy was Betty Robinson.  Respectable - well .... I wouldn't go that far.  She was DH's assistant and boy did she assist.  They're in another church now, and honestly I'm really glad they're gone.  When their son was died they left expected people to do free things for them because of who they were.  I've never had respect for them since.  They know what they did. 

Here is a story I have never forgot. I was with my senior seminar class touring the new auditorium, we were there mainly to see the Audio/video dept. We toured the P.A. booth and then they took us up to the catwalk. The catwalk was dark, so you can imagine our surprise when Eddie Lapina and Betty McCurdy came walking out. Nothing was ever said about it.

Exell said:
Here is a story I have never forgot. I was with my senior seminar class touring the new auditorium, we were there mainly to see the Audio/video dept. We toured the P.A. booth and then they took us up to the catwalk. The catwalk was dark, so you can imagine our surprise when Eddie Lapina and Betty McCurdy came walking out. Nothing was ever said about it.
Duuuude!
Say it aint so!
One only wonders what was going through his mind when he saw you all on the cat-walk!
Hopefully, Oh stink, God got me.

That was five years ago, I have never heard another thing about it. It bothered a couple of other guys in the class, I think everyone else assumed that they had a good reason for being there. They very well may have had, I don't know. I had heard rumors about McCurdy so it didn't sit very well with me. Dan Wolf was the staff member leading the tour, maybe he went and talked with EL and got a good explanation. I don't know, I graduated three weeks later and never looked back.

Exell said:
That was five years ago, I have never heard another thing about. It bothered a couple of other guys in the class, I think everyone else assumed that they had a good reason for being there. They very well may have had, I don't know. I had heard rumors about McCurdy so it didn't sit very well with me. Dan Wolf was the staff member leading the tour, maybe he went and talked with EL and got a good explanation. I don't know, I graduated three weeks later and never looked back.
lol.  Dan Wolfe would've known better than to say something, and get himself B-slapped.  Lol.

Anishinabe