Joy Evans Ryder petition to roll back 5 year statue of limitations in Indiana

brainisengaged said:
And in loosely related news, after triumphantly proving Jesus could not have been crucified on 'Good Friday', Bob Gray is now decrying whispering slanderers. Check out the comments at the end of the article...surprised he has not removed them.

http://www.bobgraysr.com/

Who's whispering?  I am posting on a very public forum!

brainisengaged said:
And in loosely related news, after triumphantly proving Jesus could not have been crucified on 'Good Friday', Bob Gray is now decrying whispering slanderers. Check out the comments at the end of the article...surprised he has not removed them.

http://www.bobgraysr.com/

They won't be there long. I am not allowed to post comments on his blog and I did not say anything near as pointed as this. And besides, BG is the most critical man I have ever heard of. His attacks on others in his blog are vicious.

I, like most of you, do not know anything for a fact either. Only things I have been told. A long-time deacon who was in Dave's youth group told me that this little deal at the motel with Dr. Evans and dh did go down. He even told me what motel.

Since graduating from hac over 20 years ago, I have easily run across half a dozen people who used to go to fbch and were, shall we say, 'propositioned' by DH. Probably more than this but I could name at least 6 who told me they went to jh and told him and they were chased from his office. I was talking to a guy less than a year ago who grew up there, his parents are still there, and used to work in the youth dept. You always kind of wonder what made them leave and when I asked him his immediate response was JH! He said everyone in that youth dept. office knew what was going on. He told me he personally went to jh and was told to leave quietly.

BALAAM said:
I, like most of you, do not know anything for a fact either. Only things I have been told. A long-time deacon who was in Dave's youth group told me that this little deal at the motel with Dr. Evans and dh did go down. He even told me what motel.

Since graduating from hac over 20 years ago, I have easily run across half a dozen people who used to go to fbch and were, shall we say, 'propositioned' by DH. Probably more than this but I could name at least 6 who told me they went to jh and told him and they were chased from his office. I was talking to a guy less than a year ago who grew up there, his parents are still there, and used to work in the youth dept. You always kind of wonder what made them leave and when I asked him his immediate response was JH! He said everyone in that youth dept. office knew what was going on. He told me he personally went to jh and was told to leave quietly.
I can verify this M.O., I've heard many testimonies.
Several friends "had to go".
It was heartbreaking to hear them relate what ever lame excuse their parents gave them, or coached them to say.

Anishinaabe

Dr Evans was president of the college...........

[/quote]Yup, that's about how it went, from our perspective.

One day, O asked my older sister, (who is in that group that had Doc Auc. as a principal at HBHS,  and won't step foot in a Baptist Church again) if there were any rumors as to why Doc.  was moved there, after they had just restructured the Grade School into junior and senior divisions, with Mike Sisson at the helm of the junior, and Doc at the senior, mid year the year before.
We even had all new sports jerseys made up, and the seniors were called the Eagles.

She told me that Dr.Staab, the former Principal, was at odds with leadership, over DH's impropriety.
He was moved out to HAC, to relative obscurity.  Doc.Auc. was brought in, and quickly run off, by the H.S. students.
She said there was more than one girl that they all talked about, that was sleeping with DH.

My sister never trusted Bro.Hyles after this. 
She goes to a Reformed Church.
Many of my friends want nothing to do with Baptists...

To many who post here, this is not so close to home, as it is to a couple of us.
We have dear, dear people to us, who reject us, because of all of this.
Keep this in mind, when you see our perceived "attitude", in our posts.

We are not angry with God.
We are on His side, angry at what offenses have been done in His name.

Anishinaabe
[/quote]

What year did Mr. A leave HBHS? He was there the three years I was.

Yup, that's about how it went, from our perspective.

One day, O asked my older sister, (who is in that group that had Doc Auc. as a principal at HBHS,  and won't step foot in a Baptist Church again) if there were any rumors as to why Doc.  was moved there, after they had just restructured the Grade School into junior and senior divisions, with Mike Sisson at the helm of the junior, and Doc at the senior, mid year the year before.
We even had all new sports jerseys made up, and the seniors were called the Eagles.

She told me that Dr.Staab, the former Principal, was at odds with leadership, over DH's impropriety.
He was moved out to HAC, to relative obscurity.  Doc.Auc. was brought in, and quickly run off, by the H.S. students.
She said there was more than one girl that they all talked about, that was sleeping with DH.

My sister never trusted Bro.Hyles after this. 
She goes to a Reformed Church.
Many of my friends want nothing to do with Baptists...

To many who post here, this is not so close to home, as it is to a couple of us.
We have dear, dear people to us, who reject us, because of all of this.
Keep this in mind, when you see our perceived "attitude", in our posts.

We are not angry with God.
We are on His side, angry at what offenses have been done in His name.

Anishinaabe
[/quote]

What year did Mr. A leave HBHS? He was there the three years I was.
[/quote]

I wanna say that '86 was his last year, and Webber took it in '87.
Not 100% on this, but I'm only off by a year, if any.
The year he went to the HS was '84.
(Fall '83)
Anishinaabe

I'm glad we left in the summer of 1983...........

prophet said:
  Doc.Auc. was brought in, and quickly run off, by the H.S. students.

I know Mr. A was not liked, at all, but how did they manage to do this?

I was told by a very reliable source that Dr. Evans has very few speaking engagements these days. 
I guess Joy's message is getting out...

16KJV11 said:
I was told by a very reliable source that Dr. Evans has very few speaking engagements these days. 

Reminds me of what a great preacher once said, ....chickens are coming home to roost.

16KJV11 said:

I believe that fact has more to do with his waning health, age, inability to travel and time removed from Jack Hyles than anything else.  The faithful HACkers would still have him if they could.

Binaca Chugger said:
16KJV11 said:

I believe that fact has more to do with his waning health, age, inability to travel and time removed from Jack Hyles than anything else.  The faithful HACkers would still have him if they could.

Yeah, pretty much right on. He cut back quite a bit after remarrying.  When he does travel, his wife travels with him.

Binaca Chugger said:
16KJV11 said:

Don't forget the fact that most of the HACker's churches are terrible stewards, and can no longer afford to bring him on his journey.

Anishinaabe

prophet said:
Binaca Chugger said:
16KJV11 said:

Don't forget the fact that most of the HACker's churches are terrible stewards, and can no longer afford to bring him on his journey.

Anishinaabe

Have you taken a poll to this "fact"?

kaba said:
prophet said:
Binaca Chugger said:
16KJV11 said:

Anishinaabe

Have you taken a poll to this "fact"?
Have you?
I said "most" on purpose.

Yes, I travel.

Yes I have seen the average HAC grad church  budget out every last dollar that comes in.

Anishinaabe

Binaca Chugger said:
16KJV11 said:

This would be the obvious reason.  He is getting up there in years.

Using the word most in my eyes means all most all. And I don't believe that to be true.

kaba said:
Using the word most in my eyes means all most all. And I don't believe that to be true.
Hopefully, this is due to your experience, that you interact with strong churches.

I have traveled extensively.

I traveled with Jack Patterson, in the early 90's.

We are missionaries....'nuff said.

JH taught to plan your budget around your "Wed. night crowd".

JS planned for the Conference Crowd.

Those who followed suit, are suffering.

Those who built a bus ministry before they were ready, are suffering.

Those who live by the fiscal irresponsibility of this present world, spending all that comes in, and asking for more, are suffering.

It is heartbreaking.

It is rampant.

The "Ruckmanite" churches we have been in, seem to be financially strong, comparatively.

I won't name any, and this is not a point worth contending over, just an observation I made, that those on this forum who have traveled among us can verify.

Remember, the context was "HACkers".

Thank God for the churches who don't fit this description.

Anishinaabe