Joy Evans Ryder petition to roll back 5 year statue of limitations in Indiana

I saw on one site that they received enough signatures and were able to bring it before Gov. Pence.

No idea. I get the feeling it is a cause she feels strongly enough about to try and do something that will help all victims.

Gov. Pense is going to take a look at it in the fall session.  This is according to Rhonda Stallman Bell.  Got over 5,000 signatures. 

I am not a Joy Evans Ryder fan

Good advertisement for Voyle Glover - and Jack Schaap's last name is not Schoop! 

kaba said:

why not?

Are you against the suggested legal change, or just her individually?

just curious.

I just feel if her parents and herself had taken care of the Dave Hyles situation, a lot of other people would not have gotten hurt. I just dont understand waiting close to 30 years if not more, to finally make a stand against abuse. And I still havent seen her go after Dave on any level. I know her parents were in the butt kissing stage, (Marlene all her life, Wendell still is), but due to turning the other cheek or closing a blind eye, so many people were hurt by Dave. Most that happened after FBC could have not happened at all!

I just am not going to jump on the Joy bandwagon and praise her for what she is doing.

Binaca Chugger said:
kaba said:

why not?

just curious.

I'm guessing that kaba attended HAC with Joy.  :)

I believe Joy went to Tennessee Temple.  Not a fan of the EVans cover up. Wendell, Marlene, Joy or David (their son)

RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
kaba said:

why not?

just curious.

I'm guessing that kaba attended HAC with Joy.  :)

Just a personal dispute?  Long-time grudge?

kaba said:
I believe Joy went to Tennessee Temple.  Not a fan of the EVans cover up. Wendell, Marlene, Joy or David (their son)

Joy did attend HAC.  Not sure how many years.

Thought she also attended TTU. If she was at HAC it was before my time. So no personal grudge, dont know her personally. Again, just not going to jump on the band wagon to praise all that she does. I just wish people would have had some backbone a long time ago, and stood up to the powers that be, and fought for righteousness. I cant help but think, if someone would have stopped Dave Hyles a long time ago, instead of covering it up or went with the crowd, he would not have been able to hurt so many lives in Texas. Or that Schaap would not have been hired as Pastor and damaged that girl for life!!!Where were the men or Christian leaders that knew right from wrong?

kaba said:
Thought she also attended TTU. If she was at HAC it was before my time. So no personal grudge, dont know her personally. Again, just not going to jump on the band wagon to praise all that she does. I just wish people would have had some backbone a long time ago, and stood up to the powers that be, and fought for righteousness. I cant help but think, if someone would have stopped Dave Hyles a long time ago, instead of covering it up or went with the crowd, he would not have been able to hurt so many lives in Texas. Or that Schaap would not have been hired as Pastor and damaged that girl for life!!!Where were the men or Christian leaders that knew right from wrong?

You have extremely valid points.

RAIDER said:
kaba said:

You have extremely valid points.
Ditto Raider's comment and more.  I loved Bro. Hyles and I can never forget all the good that I learned from him, Dr. Evans and others at HAC, but Kaba's points alone really burst my bubble and cause me to never want to listen to Bro. Hyle's messages nor read his books again.  Not that what she said is new to me, but they are issues that have bothered me for some time now.

I have never been sexually abused, so I do not understand the struggle or moving on or healing. I dont  discredit her struggle, but I no longer will not put someone on a pedestal.

Let me say ... I've had someone who cried rape and in the end it was proved she was not, though she was sexually active.  The lives she almost ruined, the marriage she nearly broke up, the family she put into counseling and the DCFS that came into their home. 

Just got a FB that Joy and Cheryl Lewis Colsten are going to be interviewed on Indianapolis TV tomorrow March 27th at 11:00 pm EST.  WRTV 6.