Mike Zachary being investigated?

Mike Zachary:
80's/90's Worked for FBCH
short time worked for the CLA
'97-'11 he was at GSBC/NVBC
'11-a few day ago was at WCBC

He has been scrubbed from websites, twitter/facebook deactivated and is being investigated by police in Lancaster and Santa Clara for possible abuse against young men

Brad Boruff:
went to HAC
was the first faculty member at GSBC
was the president of GSBC until an accounment was made on 5/5 that Trieber is taking on that roll, name scrubbed from websites but twitter/facebook  still activated but no updates since Trieber taking over

Both men worked at GSBC at the same time. Two men, two colleges, two recent changes in staff.

Home boys will be singing "everything's alright in my father's house".

Father Jack T and Father Paul C?

IMHO

Here are the police departments to call if you or SWIM is aware of potentially helpful information regarding Mike Zachary

Lancaster Police
501 W Lancaster Blvd
Lancaster, CA
(661) 948-8466

Santa Clara Police
601 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA
(408) 615-4700

3992 Rivermark Pkwy
Santa Clara, CA
(408) 615-4744

...not trying to go all super spiritual on everybody here, but I think somebody should at least mention we need to be praying about this situation. Whomever you are and whatever you think about all the men in question they all need the wisdom and grace of God to do right today, and it just may be that some others need His grace to deal with the consequences of decisions.

Thus ended the sermon.

Okay, Honey Badger.

You seem to be in the know here.  The disappearance from web sites is odd.  Is there anything that validates that this is why MZ is no longer at WCBC?  I don't want to go speak to people in that area and bring up claims with only your word (nothing personal, but this is the internet)?

Do we know that these two events are related?

Honey Badger said:
I guess now we'll see how honest Chappell was with the transparency thing.

This really should be easy:

"We received a report.  We were shocked and appalled.  We had a conversation.  We have terminated his employment while he is under investigation."

See how simple that would be?  Rather, the IFB desires to cover up in hopes that everyone will think they are perfect - a utopia for all things holy.  Just be honest people.  Be repentant.  Apologize for not recognizing the sin in him.  State you have taken action to keep him from abusing anyone at the facility.  State your zero tolerance policy and that you followed your policy.  When this is done, the suppositions all disappear.

Real leaders, real under shepherds have to react to these situations in successive phases.  There are legal, spiritual and ethical responses to be considered.  The shepherd needs to remove the wolf from the immediate area, then give emergency assistance to his fold.  This pastor needs to minister to the family before sorting through all of the details.  A shepherd sees his very own sheep bloodied and broken in the fold and naturally tends to them first. 

I'm amazed that none* of you have ever had a wolf deceive you.  They are proficient in their guile  because they have the benefit of their master's deceptive tutelage.  He has had centuries of practice.

*I should have said "some."

JrChurch said:
Real leaders, real under shepherds have to react to these situations in successive phases.  There are legal, spiritual and ethical responses to be considered.  The shepherd needs to remove the wolf from the immediate area, then give emergency assistance to his fold.  This pastor needs to minister to the family before sorting through all of the details.  A shepherd sees his very own sheep bloodied and broken in the fold and naturally tends to them first. 

I'm amazed that none of you have ever had a wolf deceive you.  They are proficient in their guile  because they have the benefit of their master's deceptive tutelage.  He has had centuries of practice.

And all of God's people should say, "amen". Thanks for the post.

It is sad that the almost total lack of accountability and proper, biblical church discipline among the "movers and shakers" of the IFBx has caused us to be trigger happy. That's not saying we shouldn't defend the flock. Just the opposite. As a pastor, I think the first order of business should be to notify the authorities and care for the victims and their families. Then you should go forth and permanently handle the identified wolf with extreme prejudice.  :mad:

If we do not have a Christianity that can reach down into the deepest, darkest places of our soul, what do we have?  Just one more religion.

I don't believe that men like Schaap and MZ (If it is true) started off as wolves.  They were men with a heart for the Lord - with dark secrets.  Jesus became someone to perform for, instead of someone to bring brokenness to.

Jesus came to heal our brokenness.
Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

http://youtu.be/ySa3Vu4FUW8

Timotheus said:
I don't believe that men like Schaap and MZ started off as wolves. 

Uh...excuse me, but we know about Schaap because of the evidence, the trial, etc.  But we know NOTHING of Mike Zachary except for the GOSSIP on this forum.

How about we presume innocence until proven guilty before we start the name calling?

IFB X-Files said:
Timotheus said:
I don't believe that men like Schaap and MZ started off as wolves. 

Uh...excuse me, but we know about Schaap because of the evidence, the trial, etc.  But we know NOTHING of Mike Zachary except for the GOSSIP on this forum.

How about we presume innocence until proven guilty before we start the name calling?

In theory, you are correct and I used to hold to that practice as taught by JH. However, more often than not, these rumors usually turn out to be validated with the half not having being told. Also, the names of MZ and BB being scrubbed and replaced from the websites of the ministries they used to lead is very telling..obviously THEY think there is something of substance to take such actions.

People outside our church said of JH when there is smoke there is fire.

Well there sure was a lot of smoke.

We were able to cover up the fire, or so we thought, now it's obvious to all there was smoke and there was fire.

What is obvious is the two men were scrubbed from their positions and ministry related websites at an incredibly odd time (just before graduation).  Most of us recognize the significance of that move at that time without any information being given at the individual churches. 

While we recognize this oddity and assume something must have happened - we really have no clue what happened.

We do not know:
+ why they are no longer employed
+ if the two incidents are related

There has been assumption on this site based on other, more rabidly critical sites, that the two events are connected and that both men were terminated.  There has been similar assumption that MZ is being investigated for sexual crimes.  This is only assumption on a couple of websites.

There could be other possible reasons.  For instance, what if both are under investigation for violating copyright laws in the music ministry?  This pure assumption has much more creedance in my mind than both are involved with sexual crimes.

What I find interesting, is that Paul Chappell refuses to follow his own advice that he is literally selling to churches around the nation.  With students at his church from around the country, and with telling other pastors around the nation what they should do, maybe Paul Chappell needs to follow his own advice.

Binaca Chugger said:
What is obvious is the two men were scrubbed from their positions and ministry related websites at an incredibly odd time (just before graduation).  Most of us recognize the significance of that move at that time without any information being given at the individual churches. 

While we recognize this oddity and assume something must have happened - we really have no clue what happened.

We do not know:

There has been assumption on this site based on other, more rabidly critical sites, that the two events are connected and that both men were terminated.  There has been similar assumption that MZ is being investigated for sexual crimes.  This is only assumption on a couple of websites.

There could be other possible reasons.  For instance, what if both are under investigation for violating copyright laws in the music ministry?  This pure assumption has much more creedance in my mind than both are involved with sexual crimes.

What I find interesting, is that Paul Chappell refuses to follow his own advice that he is literally selling to churches around the nation.  With students at his church from around the country, and with telling other pastors around the nation what they should do, maybe Paul Chappell needs to follow his own advice.

You are exactly correct and with all my heart I wish to believe you, however, do you really think that both ministries would take such drastic and immediate action over a civil matter?

..knowing the IFB types, not likely, this could be tied up in court for years if you chose to play it correctly. MZ worked for CLA and is likely pretty sharp and could play the game or have a former co worker, including Gibbs himself, run interference until the end of the school year avoid questions and save face.

But, as you state, we just don't know

Holy Mole said:
Binaca Chugger said:

We do not know:

You are exactly correct and with all my heart I wish to believe you, however, do you really think that both ministries would take such drastic and immediate action over a civil matter?

..knowing the IFB types, not likely, this could be tied up in court for years if you chose to play it correctly. MZ worked for CLA and is likely pretty sharp and could play the game or have a former co worker, including Gibbs himself, run interference until the end of the school year avoid questions and save face.

We don't know, but we can make educated guesses based on how these things have played out in the past.

It could be something as innocent as the two men are starting a church together and torked off their respective

pastors.

At FBCH we have former employees who are starting new churches in our immediate area. God bless them.

At this point we do not know what is going on, but some of us have seen a lot go on in our IFB churches in the

last 40 years and it just makes one wonder.

bgwilkinson said:
...and it just makes one wonder.

"wondering" is one thing.  Name calling and accusations without proof are another.

It goes to show that I pray that most on this forum are NEVER on a jury at my trial!  LOL!

bgwilkinson said:
Holy Mole said:
Binaca Chugger said:

We do not know:

We don't know, but we can make educated guesses based on how these things have played out in the past.

It could be something as innocent as the two men are starting a church together and torked off their respective

pastors.

At FBCH we have former employees who are starting new churches in our immediate area. God bless them.

At this point we do not know what is going on, but some of us have seen a lot go on in our IFB churches in the

last 40 years and it just makes one wonder.

I know the IFB intimately well.  I have seen quite a bit of junk in my time.  I saw things that still have not been uncovered and may never be.  I get that there is allot of oddity in the CA events at two different churches.  I am just not sure we can jump to certain reasons WHY these odd events took place.

When PC's pa was guilty of a murder-suicide, there was an obvious police report and public media attention that gave some facts.  PC never elaborated any more on the event, other than to brag on the majority of the life of the guilty party, raise funds for the murderers family and ignore the murdered - both of whom were his church members.

Now, PC is violating his written word by hiding the reasons for the dismissal.  I would encourage him to follow his own advice and make a statement that is truth.  He does not have to give all the sordid details or proclaim as guilty the one who has not yet been tried.  He does not need to destroy innocent lives.  He could easily make a statement to the effect of: "Due to accusations...MZ is suspended from all activities in the church until a complete investigation by authorities has been made."

OR, maybe PC and JY should issue a statement to the effect of: "Due to my inflated ego and great inferiority complex, my employee has been fired to prevent anyone from assuming that any staff member is near my status as MOG."  8)

Whatever the case may be, i just don't understand why these guys with a national ministry that want to tell other pastors how to handle crisis and pull kids out of local churches to be trained by them seem to work so diligently to prevent anyone from knowing what is happening in their ministry.

Looks like PC is practicing, "do as I say, not as I do" in reference to his transparency! I am trying hard not to judge Boruff or Zachary until facts are out. Did see a post on Facebook from Angie, but just enough for me to wonder........