Mike Zachary being investigated?

Honey Badger said:
If anyone is on Facebook, there is link to WCBC's statement. Somebody left a doozy of a comment.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152215344554457&id=235915469456

For those who can't see the comment:

"~Here Is What They Won’t Tell You~

Approximately 3 years ago Dr. Zachary left NVBC/GSBC to work for Paul Chappell at LBC/WCBC. It was a shock, but there was very little negative stigmatism attached. It was generally accepted that Dr. Zachary simply found a better opportunity and was “led” to resign.

What actually happened was that Dr. Zachary had been found to be having a nonconsensual sexual relationship with one of Brad Boruff’s sons. It is possible the son was an adult at the time which is why it was not reported to the police. (Jack Trieber takes a strong verbal stance on reporting child abuse (not a physical stance though, as he swept under the carpet the fact this his brother in law abused and impregnated an underaged girl many many years ago)). It is very much worth mentioning, however, that Dr. Zachary is still a predator even if the son was “of age”. The student teacher relationship is a strong enough bond as is; throw in the fact that Dr. Zachary has known the Boruffs for decades and this definitely turns this case into abuse. The son is a victim.

Jack Trieber was made aware of that situation and it wasn’t long until a spot was found for him to “serve” elsewhere. Everyone (Zachary, Boruff, Trieber) agreed that this was the best course of action and thus things were swept clean around NV and everyone moved on. Staff (except a select few) new nothing of this situation. Certainly the deacons were left in the dark on this one.

~Fast Forward~

Three weeks ago, a victim of Dr. Zachary’s came forward with accusations of sexual abuse/misconduct. Another side note worth mentioning is that it is still not confirmed whether or not he took advantage of minors. (Thus the police investigation rather than an arrest like in Jack Schaap’s case.) Paul Chappel (pastor of Lancaster Baptist Church) contacted Jack Trieber with the news and they began to take action.

Jack Trieber met with Brad Boruff and they both decided that it would be best if Boruff resigned immediately (regardless of the fact that GSBC graduation was just days away). Jack Trieber then brought in CLA/David Gibbs III to draw up a legal contract stating that Jack Trieber had no pryer knowledge of this situation. Jack Trieber gave Brad Boruff a substantial severance package in exchange for his silence. The contract also makes clear that Brad Boruff is not to start or take over a church within 50 miles of North Valley Baptist Church.

Jack Trieber knew about this situation from the very beginning.

~My View~

People of North Valley Baptist Church, students of the great Golden State Baptist College, your pastor is a wolf in shepherds clothing. Please stop worshipping at the feet of Pastor Trieber and start dining at the table of your Savior.

I implore you, if you have further information regarding the abuse or have been abused please go directly to the police. DO NOT “receive counsel” from Jack Trieber regarding this situation."

Here is some of what was scrubbed from their wiki page by IP 108.168.123.41

In 1995, Pastor Chappell and Lancaster Baptist Church approved the beginning of West Coast Baptist College, training laborers for the harvest. West Coast Baptist College started with Paul Chappell, Dr. John Goetsch (a renowned Baptist evangelist), and Dr. Mark Rasmussen (well-known Christian educator). Dr. Toby Weaver joined the staff and became the Dean of Students. Mike Lester joined the staff as the academic dean. Dr. Jerry Goddard is the Administrative Dean. In 2011, Dr. Mike Zachary joined the staff.

Stuff put on the internet never goes away.

Did they think they could just make it go away?

They probably never ever heard of the way back machine.

Coda said:
Verification please!  Where is this information coming from???

If the CLA is involved, you know you'll only be told the Gospel truth. David Gibbs does a stellar job making sure all wrong doing is fully reported and exposed. Give it another week.

Honey Badger said:
Coda said:

If the CLA is involved, you know you'll only be told the Gospel truth. David Gibbs does a stellar job making sure all wrong doing is fully reported and exposed. Give it another week.

I think you forgot the ;)

Holy Mole said:
Honey Badger said:
Coda said:

I think you forgot the ;)

8)

brainisengaged said:
Do you remember the CD he (Mike Zachary) made with Steve Hefner?

The two of them were in pink sweaters, sitting on a rock on the beach at sunset straddling each other spoon-style. It was the ODDEST album cover photo you could imagine...
Yup.  Made me say, "I thought so".

Anishinaabe

Tom Brennan said:

This is almost exactly what I was hoping PC would do.  Make a statement that declares the termination for said reason.  I don't think anyone can really expect more.

What they did say: (Through a little IFB interpretation)
+ We were not told of the situation during the interview, but GSBC did know. 
+ MZ admitted homosexual desires, but not actions.
+ This admission coupled with lying during the interview is enough for us to terminate employment.
+ Go to the police if you have or want more information.

Choose to believe if they knew about it at time of hire or not.  That will never be disclosed unless there is a civil suit and hard evidence to the contrary.

Wording was chosen very carefully to not be sued for destruction of reputation (or whatever it is called) and to not proclaim MZ to be guilty before the trial is complete.  Wording was chosen very carefully to present a story that protects the ministry's reputation.  Think what you will.  Personally, I understand why.

The statement by WCBC coincides very closely to the anon facebook post that Honey Badger is directing people to, which gives it great credibility. 

Who has hidden, protected or passed on to other ministries more sexual criminals? 

A.  Jack Hyles
B.  Jack Trieber

The statement starts..."NVBC has been investigating an incident "not immoral or illegal". 
And ends "Anyone with concerns of impropriety or illegal actions should contact the authorities"...

Right for the "not immoral or illegal" incident/s? A little disconnect there.

Binaca Chugger said:
Tom Brennan said:

This is almost exactly what I was hoping PC would do.  Make a statement that declares the termination for said reason.  I don't think anyone can really expect more.

What they did say: (Through a little IFB interpretation)
+ We were not told of the situation during the interview, but GSBC did know. 
+ MZ admitted homosexual desires, but not actions.
+ This admission coupled with lying during the interview is enough for us to terminate employment.
+ Go to the police if you have or want more information.

Choose to believe if they knew about it at time of hire or not.  That will never be disclosed unless there is a civil suit and hard evidence to the contrary.

Wording was chosen very carefully to not be sued for destruction of reputation (or whatever it is called) and to not proclaim MZ to be guilty before the trial is complete.  Wording was chosen very carefully to present a story that protects the ministry's reputation.  Think what you will.  Personally, I understand why.

The statement by WCBC coincides very closely to the anon facebook post that Honey Badger is directing people to, which gives it great credibility.

While I have no direct  knowledge of what goes on out on the left coast I think Honey Badger's post is looking more and more credible. This fits with the same progression of events we are so accustom to seeing in an IFB church when the lid is lifted on the pot and the stench starts to leak out.

Binaca Chugger said:
Who has hidden, protected or passed on to other ministries more sexual criminals? 

A.  Jack Hyles
B.  Jack Trieber

I would say probably A. as I have seen that one up close and personal for decades.

bgwilkinson said:
Binaca Chugger said:

A.  Jack Hyles
B.  Jack Trieber

I would say probably A. as I have seen that one up close and personal for decades.

Should we count the public cases?

From the back of the auditorium I just heard a HACker holler: "Name Names, PRE-E-E-E-ACHER!"

Honey Badger said:
The statement starts..."NVBC has been investigating an incident "not immoral or illegal". 
And ends "Anyone with concerns of impropriety or illegal actions should contact the authorities"...

Right for the "not immoral or illegal" incident/s? A little disconnect there.

Yep a Non sequitur, a fallacy from faulty logic.

They may want to rewrite that.

But when the pressure is on  mistakes are made.

Is it troubling that Jack Trieber and Paul Chappell are invited speakers to the homecoming event at FBC this fall?

http://wcbc.edu/articles/follow-up-statement-regarding-dr-mike-zachary

Follow Up Statement regarding Dr. Mike Zachary
May 12, 2014

We received word late Monday afternoon from the North Valley Baptist Church in Santa Clara, California, that there is no longer an investigation of Dr. Mike Zachary. We, therefore, request your prayers for the Zacharys as they confront the spiritual battles of the past through Biblical counseling, application and obedience.

The Zacharys will be moving to Florida to minister to Angie's mother as she battles Lou Gehrig’s disease. Thank you again for your prayers at this time.

Norefund said:
http://wcbc.edu/articles/follow-up-statement-regarding-dr-mike-zachary

Follow Up Statement regarding Dr. Mike Zachary
May 12, 2014

We received word late Monday afternoon from the North Valley Baptist Church in Santa Clara, California, that there is no longer an investigation of Dr. Mike Zachary. We, therefore, request your prayers for the Zacharys as they confront the spiritual battles of the past through Biblical counseling, application and obedience.

The Zacharys will be moving to Florida to minister to Angie's mother as she battles Lou Gehrig’s disease. Thank you again for your prayers at this time.

How can a private religious organization know what is going on in a Police Dept. investigation?

Or was there never a police investigation, just a private church-CLA investigation?

Sounds fishy just like what you would expect during a cover-up.

Couple more from facebook

Danny Capps Yes his Brother Mark and his Father had affairs as pastors. Both happened at other churches while Paul was at LBC. Don't think he covered it up... he was 75 miles away! He has publicly said he loves his Father and Brother, but that they should no longer be in the ministry and does not support his brother that had the relationship with the girl in his brothers church having a pastorate now in Arizona. He also does not have his Family come to or involved with any LBC event except his youner Brother Stephen. Yes this has been a turbulent year for WCBC. From there statement it is evident that they are a reporting party and not a covering up party. If they are being vaugue, that is on purpose because it is a delicate situation. I also believe that they are sending a message to all of the other IFB colleges to not cover up deviancy which they believe Golden State did.
Like · 9 hours ago

Tara-Lee Green It's not called an affair when the girl is a minor. It's called sexual abuse. Has Paul Chappell spoken to local police regarding what he knows about his brother? What has he done to support his brother's victims and help them to go to the police? When you know about the sexual abuse of a minor you have a responsibility to cause action to be taken. 9 hours ago