Mike Zachary being investigated?

kaba said:
Looks like PC is practicing, "do as I say, not as I do" in reference to his transparency! I am trying hard not to judge Boruff or Zachary until facts are out. Did see a post on Facebook from Angie, but just enough for me to wonder........

a post which stated......?

I'm gonna sound awful, egotistical, chauvinistic, etc. here:

Real men don't like having lisping faries around.

Effeminate is a sin.

1Co 6:9
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived:neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

If MZ smoked Kools, he would have never had a job.
But he is effeminate, living in open, outward sin, and we ignore it, because we need his ability.

Those chickens will come home to roost.

Done ranting now.

Anishinaabe

Do you remember the CD he (Mike Zachary) made with Steve Hefner?

The two of them were in pink sweaters, sitting on a rock on the beach at sunset straddling each other spoon-style. It was the ODDEST album cover photo you could imagine...

Binaca Chugger said:
kaba said:
Looks like PC is practicing, "do as I say, not as I do" in reference to his transparency! I am trying hard not to judge Boruff or Zachary until facts are out. Did see a post on Facebook from Angie, but just enough for me to wonder........

a post which stated......?

Under the circumstances it just made me wonder what was up. Sounds like her mom is having some serious health issues.

brainisengaged said:
Do you remember the CD he (Mike Zachary) made with Steve Hefner?

The two of them were in pink sweaters, sitting on a rock on the beach at sunset straddling each other spoon-style. It was the ODDEST album cover photo you could imagine...

YES!!!

I'll state again.  MZ gave me the creeps when I was a kid and I have always had a question in the back of my mind.  Us HB punks were disgusted by that CD cover and it became part of an ultimate cut down to any other HB punk, or any other person we disliked.

Still, we don't know why the two were terminated or if the events were related.

This might take a bit of time. When the Jack Schaap situation was first leaked it still took a while for the perp walk to happen. The lag time was because of law enforcement carefully building a solid case prior to arrest...and this investigation is being done in two different counties.

WCBC knew enough that they had to get rid of him. Too bad Chappell won't be transparent and just tell people what is going on. Seriously, just giving an announcement saying that they discovered a situation that seemed to be criminal, have terminated him, are cooperating with the sheriff's investigation, and encourage any other victims to go straight to the police would be the decent thing to do right now.

Just quietly deleting all internet records of him is not being transparent at all.

AmazedbyGrace said:
This might take a bit of time. When the Jack Schaap situation was first leaked it still took a while for the perp walk to happen. The lag time was because of law enforcement carefully building a solid case prior to arrest...and this investigation is being done in two different counties.

WCBC knew enough that they had to get rid of him. Too bad Chappell won't be transparent and just tell people what is going on. Seriously, just giving an announcement saying that they discovered a situation that seemed to be criminal, have terminated him, are cooperating with the sheriff's investigation, and encourage any other victims to go straight to the police would be the decent thing to do right now.

Just quietly deleting all internet records of him is not being transparent at all.

It's easy for others to point a finger at FBCH/HAC and give their opinion on how things should have been done.  When the rubber hits the road it's not so easy.  Of course, we don't know what is legally taking place, if anything.

Then Paul Chappell should shut up about being transparent - because he is FAR from it. He is building his own reputation right now.

I have no doubt there is an ongoing investigation...it is just a waiting game now.

AmazedbyGrace said:

What ever it is, PC is acting in a most opaque manner, quit the opposite of what he wrote in his how to do it manual. Do as I say, don't look too close at what I do.

It would be far better not to write the books if he is not going to practice what he preaches.

I have friends who attend *gasp* non-denominational churches. __________________ Bible Church, for example. When the JS scandal was still burning fresh, in other words when I became open to the idea that perhaps my friends at other churches were not to be pitied because they didn't have the great hold on truth that we at FBC did...I remember asking one of my friends if church discipline ever occurred at _______________ Bible Church. She said that as a matter of fact, they just had an incident. She said it is rare, but when things come up they are addressed. They had a member, who operated the sound booth, who had an adulterous affair that was discovered. He was removed from his position in the sound booth, an announcement was made to the general congregation explaining why. Something like, "Brother So-and-So will no longer be in the sound booth. It was discovered, unfortunately, that he was having an adulterous affair. This is to be a matter of prayer for this church, and not to be a matter of gossip." Something like that...and she (my friend) said, "So we prayed for them and we didn't gossip because we were told what had happened.

How refreshing! I mean, sorry it happened, but how refreshing the manner in which the church was told.

And I started to entertain the idea that FBC does not have a handle on how to handle things. :(

It is interesting to note that Brad Boruff had authored several books that were published under NVPublications as did his wife.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=brad+boruff+books&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Julie Boruff's books remain but there is no trace of his:

http://nvpublications.org/music-resources

It is the same with Chappell's website 

There is no trace of MZ but Mrs. Zackary is still on the staff or at least listed as a staff speaker for the leadership conference:

http://slconference.com/sessions/staff-speakers

Of course anything beyond this is speculation but it does reak of coverup.

Holy Mole said:
It is interesting to note that Brad Boruff had authored several books that were published under NVPublications as did his wife.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=brad+boruff+books&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

There is no trace of MZ but Mrs. Zackary is still on the staff or at least listed as a staff speaker for the leadership conference:

oooooooohhhh.    That's not good.

Binaca Chugger said:
Holy Mole said:

oooooooohhhh.    That's not good.

Again, just speculation, but it looks like they were involved in the same sin/crime or with each other. The later could have even been a recently revealed thing of the past that was bound to happen somewhere in "the movement". This also would preclude the need for any criminal investigation therefore not making this a "coverup" per se.

brainisengaged said:
I have friends who attend *gasp* non-denominational churches. __________________ Bible Church, for example. When the JS scandal was still burning fresh, in other words when I became open to the idea that perhaps my friends at other churches were not to be pitied because they didn't have the great hold on truth that we at FBC did...I remember asking one of my friends if church discipline ever occurred at _______________ Bible Church. She said that as a matter of fact, they just had an incident. She said it is rare, but when things come up they are addressed. They had a member, who operated the sound booth, who had an adulterous affair that was discovered. He was removed from his position in the sound booth, an announcement was made to the general congregation explaining why. Something like, "Brother So-and-So will no longer be in the sound booth. It was discovered, unfortunately, that he was having an adulterous affair. This is to be a matter of prayer for this church, and not to be a matter of gossip." Something like that...and she (my friend) said, "So we prayed for them and we didn't gossip because we were told what had happened.

How refreshing! I mean, sorry it happened, but how refreshing the manner in which the church was told.

And I started to entertain the idea that FBC does not have a handle on how to handle things. :(

Exactly.

PC and JT haven't seemed to figure out that they actually encourage  their members to come to places like Stufffundieslike, FFF, and various facebook pages to find out info about their own church. Just tell the people what is going on.

brainisengaged said:

Very often, that is a good policy.
However, what about brother so and so's wife and children?
What if they prefer it not be made a public issue?
Would it be wrong, Biblically, morally or ethically to handle the matter in a more private manner?
I think not.

The confession should be as public as the sin seems to me to be a good policy....and if the offender is a pastor or staff member it should be dealt with publicly...but not until you know what, exactly you are dealing with...other than rumors.

If anyone is on Facebook, there is link to WCBC's statement on Stuff Fundies Like. Somebody left a doozy of a comment.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152215344554457&id=235915469456

Tom Brennan said:

Wow. That sure is a cryptic statement. Very CLA-ish.

All that to say.

We don't know nothin.

We didn't know nothin.

We still don't know nothin.

We don't want to know nothin.

If there was somthin it was a long time ago and we don't know nothin about it.

Nothin to see move on.

Oh and by the way, "The incident, which we specifically were told was not “immoral or illegal,” allegedly took place during his employment there several years ago."

We are in the dark, don't know nothin.

See no evil.

Hear no evil.

Speak no evil.

Lastly, go away and don't come back.