More proof...liberalism is idiotic*!

"But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies." --Sarah Palin, after being asked how she would handle the current hostilities between the two Koreas, interview on Glenn Beck's radio show.

More proof that conservatives say idiotic things.

Kilmeade went after Goshen College, which started playing an instrumental version of the national anthem before sporting events because the song’s lyrics run counter to the school’s pacifist principles. Or, as Kilmeade put it, “the national anthem is banned.” This is Kilmeade of Fox and Friends.

More proof conservatives say stupid things

LongGone said:
So it would be correct to say that the "song" has been banned.

Yep. Without the words, it's just "To Anacreon in Heaven."

subllibrm said:
LongGone said:
So it would be correct to say that the "song" has been banned.

Yep. Without the words, it's just "To Anacreon in Heaven."

So you honestly are not OK with a Mennonite College abiding by their historical religious beliefs? You think they deserve criticism from conservatives?

Tarheel Baptist said:

Did you actually read the article? Stephen A. Smith said there was nothing wrong with saying all lives mattered and dealt with black on black crime. Stephen A. Smith has said stuff I can't agree with but I have no idea how you are critical of him in this article.

LongGone said:
So you honestly are not OK with a Mennonite College abiding by their historical religious beliefs? You think they deserve criticism from conservatives?

The issue at hand was whether Kilmeade said something "stupid" when he said the school banned the song.

If the song was banned, which I guess you just tacitly admitted by asking if I disapproved, then obviously he said something true, not something stupid.

The school's motivations are beside the point. You, on the other hand, appear to be reaching. Desperately.

Ransom said:
LongGone said:

The issue at hand was whether Kilmeade said something "stupid" when he said the school banned the song.

If the song was banned, which I guess you just tacitly admitted by asking if I disapproved, then obviously he said something true, not something stupid.

The school's motivations are beside the point. You, on the other hand, appear to be reaching. Desperately.

You incorrectly defined what was stupid. Criticizing Goshen College for abiding by their religious beliefs but still wanting to honor the United States was stupid. There was nothing mentioned about the national anthem being banned at the school. They chose not to sing the words before sporting events. 

Tweet by Donald Trump on Nov 6, 2012

The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make US manufacturing non-competitive.

More proof conservatives say stupid things

LongGone said:
You incorrectly defined what was stupid.

"Or, as Kilmeade put it, 'the national anthem is banned.' This is Kilmeade of Fox and Friends. More proof conservatives say stupid things."

If people are misunderstanding your point, then your writing is at fault.

Criticizing Goshen College for abiding by their religious beliefs but still wanting to honor the United States was stupid. There was nothing mentioned about the national anthem being banned at the school.

"Or, as Kilmeade put it, 'the national anthem is banned.'"

Ransom said:
LongGone said:
You incorrectly defined what was stupid.

"Or, as Kilmeade put it, 'the national anthem is banned.' This is Kilmeade of Fox and Friends. More proof conservatives say stupid things."

If people are misunderstanding your point, then your writing is at fault.

Criticizing Goshen College for abiding by their religious beliefs but still wanting to honor the United States was stupid. There was nothing mentioned about the national anthem being banned at the school.

"Or, as Kilmeade put it, 'the national anthem is banned.'"

I am sure that my writing can be improved...thank you for pointing this out. Alcohol at Bob Jones University is banned. Goshen College chooses to play the music in keeping with their religious belief rather than sing the words. I doubt there is a rule in their handbook against sing the Star Spangled Banner. You still have not answered the question of whether you think it was stupid for Kilmeade to criticize Goshen College for abiding by their religious beliefs.

Ransom said:
LongGone said:

Kilmeade criticizing the school motivation is the point. Since I don't see the Star Spangled Banner as being banned I would say it was stupid and not true. I find it hard to believe that someone arguing for Kilmeade on this point would really say I was desperately reaching. From my vantage point it you appear to be reaching to defend a stupid criticism of Goshen College.

Sorry. I already answered the point you made. I don't deal in the points you wish you had made.