Mrs. Hyles and the kids

I believe these children knew the parents were living a lie. Kids know the truth.

Your talk talks but your walk talks louder than your talk talks.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

This just about sums up the IFB movement.

Pride coupled with uncleanness.

bgwilkinson said:
I believe these children knew the parents were living a lie. Kids know the truth.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Exactly! What got my husband questioning things at our last Xer church was why  all of preachers kids go elsewhere for church. The preacher had 4 kids, all local, going to non IFB churches. I wonder what they saw that made them think their dad wasn't qualified to be their preacher? We asked his kids questions...that was our last Sunday. We have been IFB free now for near 4 years.

Honey Badger said:
bgwilkinson said:

Exactly! What got my husband questioning things at our last Xer church was why  all of preachers kids go elsewhere for church. The preacher had 4 kids, all local, going to non IFB churches. I wonder what they saw that made them think their dad wasn't qualified to be their preacher? We asked his kids questions...that was our last Sunday. We have been IFB free now for near 4 years.

What did you ask? What were the answers?

The preacher said his kids were all backslidden and rebellious. Church members were encouraged not to have anything to do with the preachers kids. I knew they were still going to church elsewhere, I didn't buy it. I only asked 3 of his kids, the youngest I didn't know much. I asked them the same thing, what they saw that made their father not qualified to be their pastor. I got different answers but all three had very valid, clearly Biblical reasons on why the dad isn't qualified. It was more than enough for me, I had been wanting out for 9 years. It was enough to make my husband question everything he was ever taught in the Hyles church system.

Honey Badger said:
The preacher said his kids were all backslidden and rebellious. Church members were encouraged not to have anything to do with the preachers kids. I knew they were still going to church elsewhere, I didn't buy it. I only asked 3 of his kids, the youngest I didn't know much. I asked them the same thing, what they saw that made their father not qualified to be their pastor. I got different answers but all three had very valid, clearly Biblical reasons on why the dad isn't qualified. It was more than enough for me, I had been wanting out for 9 years. It was enough to make my husband question everything he was ever taught in the Hyles church system.
Ok.... but you didn't really answer above question with details. I'm not asking for names.....

i grew up in FBC. Graduated from HBHS in 1976. I dated Cindy Hyles for a year in high school. Because of this I was privy to alot of the inner happenings of the Hyles family. Spent many Sunday afternoons at the Hyles house. This is long before Jack Schaap. I know things that happened in the Hyles family that have never been publically stated. I knew the family very well. two thoughts: FBC is not a church. It is a cult in every sense of the word. It is a cult portraying itself as a church. Truly, no different in philosophy than other church cults. The real victim in the Schaap saga is not Cindy Hyles. She and her family are part of the collateral damage that Schaap reaped on his family by his crime. The real victim is the young girl that he raped on more than one occassion. A girl who was the victim of prior sex abuse only to have it forced on her again by a cult leader. THis is what cult leaders do. They use their power to rape women and in this case, a young girl. I am amazed, though not shocked, that when I read all of these comments, I rarely find a discussion as to the life long damage and terror this young girl will face the rest of her life. She is the victim. She may never be able to pick up the pieces of her life that Schaap caused. FBC has a long tradition of sexual abuse, among women, children and men. This is the DNA of cults. Schaap is done. He'll be 65 when he gets out of prison and will be a registered sex offender the remaining days of his life for that is what he is. Start ackowledging in your posts the young girl who will have the hell of this follow her the rest of her life.

It is precisely because she is a true victim that she is not mentioned. She is protected. What do you want said about her that you haven't already said?

that she is part of a long line of girls/women that have been abused/raped at the hands of FBC pastors.staff. That Schaap's crime was not adultery but rape of a minor. That anyone who continues to attend IFB churches is either complicit to these crimes or has their heads buried up their blessed assurance. And yes, she is and should be protected as a crime victim. My hope is that her family file a civil lawsuit (maybe they have) against FBC, Schaap and any FBC staff member who knew what Schaap was doing to this girl at the time is was happening.

denver said:
that she is part of a long line of girls/women that have been abused/raped at the hands of FBC pastors.staff. That Schaap's crime was not adultery but rape of a minor. That anyone who continues to attend IFB churches is either complicit to these crimes or has their heads buried up their blessed assurance. And yes, she is and should be protected as a crime victim. My hope is that her family file a civil lawsuit (maybe they have) against FBC, Schaap and any FBC staff member who knew what Schaap was doing to this girl at the time is was happening.

All this has been stated firmly multiple times  by many people on this forum over the past two years.  Welcome.

denver said:
i grew up in FBC. Graduated from HBHS in 1976. I dated Cindy Hyles for a year in high school. Because of this I was privy to alot of the inner happenings of the Hyles family. Spent many Sunday afternoons at the Hyles house. This is long before Jack Schaap. I know things that happened in the Hyles family that have never been publically stated. I knew the family very well. two thoughts: FBC is not a church. It is a cult in every sense of the word. It is a cult portraying itself as a church. Truly, no different in philosophy than other church cults. The real victim in the Schaap saga is not Cindy Hyles. She and her family are part of the collateral damage that Schaap reaped on his family by his crime. The real victim is the young girl that he raped on more than one occassion. A girl who was the victim of prior sex abuse only to have it forced on her again by a cult leader. THis is what cult leaders do. They use their power to rape women and in this case, a young girl. I am amazed, though not shocked, that when I read all of these comments, I rarely find a discussion as to the life long damage and terror this young girl will face the rest of her life. She is the victim. She may never be able to pick up the pieces of her life that Schaap caused. FBC has a long tradition of sexual abuse, among women, children and men. This is the DNA of cults. Schaap is done. He'll be 65 when he gets out of prison and will be a registered sex offender the remaining days of his life for that is what he is. Start ackowledging in your posts the young girl who will have the hell of this follow her the rest of her life.

You need to catch up on your FFF reading before jumping on your soapbox.  There have been threads and discussions about the girl.  It has been discussed from every angle.  This thread is about Mrs. Hyles and the Hyles kids.  There is no reason to discuss the girl on this thread.

BTW, welcome to the HAC FFF!  Glad to have you aboard.

you are correct. I did not do my due diligence. My bad. I understand this thread is about Mrs. Hyles and the kids. So, any future comment I may submit about the girl who was raped on at least 2 occassions, treated like a piece of meat, convinced by Rev. Schaap that it was the will of Almighty God for her to marry him, abused both physically and emotionally...i will include in the proper thread. I stand corrected.

Hey Denver, are the you JS used to talk about that dated Cindy that went to prison?

Yeah, I was trying to remember my stories as well...seems he only ever mentioned Cindy dating one other guy...the guy that went to prison?

WESLEY said:
Hey Denver, are the you JS used to talk about that dated Cindy that went to prison?

Sorry to say this, but I wondered about that. Sorry, Denver, and welcome aboard.
'Cause there's a welcome her.... yes, a Christian welcome here!!!!!!!!

denver said:
you are correct. I did not do my due diligence. My bad. I understand this thread is about Mrs. Hyles and the kids. So, any future comment I may submit about the girl who was raped on at least 2 occassions, treated like a piece of meat, convinced by Rev. Schaap that it was the will of Almighty God for her to marry him, abused both physically and emotionally...i will include in the proper thread. I stand corrected.

Yes, just pick any random thread and post your thoughts about the above.  Hey, you might even want to be creative and start your own thread!

P.S. Welcome to the HAC FFF.  We are glad to have you aboard!

RAIDER said:
redeemed said:
B.C.

Would you use the same logic regarding embellishments with Bro. Hyles' sermons?  Just curious.

Yes, I would.  If I were listening to Dr. Hyles preach and in his sermon I heard him tell obvious lies, I would have issues.

You may have likely responded to this thought already as I'm only on page 7 of 43 so I must apologize in advance. In my short time at HAC I did hear some things that I didn't trust, especially over the issues concerning the Hammond Times "attacks"  right around the time of the AV Ballenger verdict and the "Waco without Walls" TV media attacks. I honored the rule to not go to the Hammond library (strange rule indeed) but upon graduation went to the library and looked up there Hammond times articles of the past on the micro-fish. Certainly Jack Hyles was not honest concerning the previous attacks on him and concerning his use of personal threats against those that he thought caused these attacks.