Mrs. Hyles and the kids

Baptist City Holdout said:
WESLEY said:
Hey Denver, are the you JS used to talk about that dated Cindy that went to prison?

Sorry to say this, but I wondered about that. Sorry, Denver, and welcome aboard.
'Cause there's a welcome her.... yes, a Christian welcome here!!!!!!!!

I don't understand the "who died" comment buy I believe Denver is answering this question.

Norefund said:
Baptist City Holdout said:
WESLEY said:
Hey Denver, are the you JS used to talk about that dated Cindy that went to prison?

Sorry to say this, but I wondered about that. Sorry, Denver, and welcome aboard.
'Cause there's a welcome her.... yes, a Christian welcome here!!!!!!!!

I don't understand the "who died" comment buy I believe Denver is answering this question.

"Who died?" is the question we use to ask when we did not understand the question being asked.  :)

Has anyone heard the status of Linda's "tell all" book?

RAIDER said:
bgwilkinson said:
RAIDER said:

Here you can buy the chapters.

http://www.lindamurphrey.com/purchase-chapters---healing-from-a-god-who-wasnt.html

Show time, chapter 5,  is the latest. It has been out for a few months.
It confirms what you only suspected in the 70s.

So I take it that the official book has not hit the stands yet.

I'm surprised that God hasn't killed he yet for speaking against God's anointed in her book.  :eek:

/sarcasm off

Mathew Ward said:
RAIDER said:
bgwilkinson said:
RAIDER said:

Here you can buy the chapters.

http://www.lindamurphrey.com/purchase-chapters---healing-from-a-god-who-wasnt.html

Show time, chapter 5,  is the latest. It has been out for a few months.
It confirms what you only suspected in the 70s.

So I take it that the official book has not hit the stands yet.

I'm surprised that God hasn't killed he yet for speaking against God's anointed in her book.  :eek:

/sarcasm off

That's the problem - there is no book!  :)

Has anyone heard any update on Cindy Hyles?

RAIDER said:
Has anyone heard any update on Cindy Hyles?

A couple months ago, a friend of mine posted on FB that she and Cindy had gone horseback riding. Now whether or not that is relevant is the next question.

BKW posted this on another thread.  Thought it might be a good addition to this thread.  Sorry, I wasn't able to get the photos on here.  Maybe someone else can post them.

Pics from the trip.

Travel log from Dave

"A Few Thoughts Regarding Our Visit to Hammond, Indiana

A few weeks ago my mom and I were talking on the phone and she commented about how she would love to get a plane ticket and make a visit to Hammond, Indiana. She said she would love to see the beautiful colors of the Fall leaves, and to see people she loves but has not seen for a while. At 86 traveling is not easy. (It is not easy at 61.) I went online and booked three tickets and this past Thursday morning Brenda, mom and I boarded a plane and flew to Chicago's O'Hare Airport. We spent several days enjoying the beautiful weather (Mom loves Fall in the Midwest) and seeing old friends. The last time Brenda and I were there we were following a casket out of the auditorium that was carrying the body of my dad back in 2001. It was good to be back after all these years. I had so many various thoughts on this trip and I thought I would share a few with my FB friends.

1. Mom still loves FBC Hammond. I mean she REALLY loves it. She rejoices with every blessing they receive and grieves at every hurt. That is what 42 years of being the pastor's wife did. She does not feel jealousy, but only a deep love for the place and the people.

2. I believe Chicago is the greatest city in this country, even with all its flaws. Saturday we took a trip downtown. We drove along Lakeshore Drive, enjoyed seeing the quaintness of the Chicago River, walked down Michigan Avenue, gazed at the skyscrapers, went by Moody church and through the Lincoln Park area, and even took time to get a Chicago hotdog at Portillo's. (I ate 2) We had a great time. I was reminded of how much dad loved Chicago, and what a burden he had for the masses of lost souls there.

3. There are some great Christians who stayed by the stuff at FBC. We went to the rehabilitation center where Erma McKinney is staying as she recovers from 4 recent strokes. What a great lady. We spent some time at the home of Maxine Jeffries, one of my favorite people in all the world. Maxine almost died recently. We so enjoyed seeing her. We saw Terry and Anne Duff, the Knoerzer's, the Colstens, Roy and JoJo, and why did I start naming names? Let's just say we saw a host of wonderful people who loved us through the years and who we have loved as well.

4. What dad was used of God to do at FBC was truly a miracle. Thursday afternoon we drove by the church, the college, Baptist City, and the cemetery. I commented that it is amazing that when he died the church was debt free and had millions of dollars. Dad cared more about leaving the church healthy than enhancing his own legacy. It is amazing what God did there.

5. Memory Lane was one of my dad's best and most loved accomplishments. Dad truly loved the cemetery and felt it filled a missing piece for the church. He was so right. Going there and seeing the graves, not only of our son, Jack David and my dad, but of hundreds of great Christians from FBC was such an inspiration. I might add that we left feeling so much peace knowing that people like Jay and Becky Towne and David Crutchfield were there caring for the memories of our loved ones. That was one of the biggest blessings of the trip. Brenda and I had not been to Jack David's grave for almost 15 years. We were so comforted.

6. Old friends are special friends. It was so wonderful to see new friends, but it was a real blessing to see some who I have known since our elementary years at the church and others with whom we became close over the years. It was so good to see folks like Keith McKinney, Andy Andrew Briner, Ron and Lisa Judd, Jeff and Kathy Peach, Carlos and Sarah Rivera, our third daughter, Charity, Carol Frye Tudor, and oh, so many others. I cherished every old friend with whom I had the chance to shake hands or greet. There were many others I did not name, but was so happy to see.

7. Tiebels still has the best Lake Perch. Saturday evening was a treat as we went and enjoyed a meal there. Dad always loved that restaurant

8. Pastor Wilkerson seems like a genuine and caring pastor. I do not know him well, but he was gracious to me in spite of the fact that a couple of his own staff men would be displeased at him treating me like a human, Just acknowledging our presence, I am sure brought him criticism, but he was gracious anyway, and it allowed others who love us to know we were there so they could greet us. It is evident that he has won the hearts of the people and we are all pleased to see that. When he spoke about God touching his heart at the 1980 Youth Conference when the theme was 'So You Want To Be a Star" I kinda felt that was for me because I was the one who was still leading the Your Conference then.

9. I have many Facebook friends at FBC. What a delight to have so many shake hands and say, "I follow you on Facebook." Mom even commented that many told her that I had been a blessing to them and that really encouraged her heart. Thank you FBC FB friends. I wish I could have spent more time with you all. A big shout our to Darrell Imani for picking us up and taking us back to the airport.

10. Mom is an amazing Christian in her own right. I think it was amazing to see the gracefulness of my 86 year old mom in action. She is a real saint and an inspiration to so many. She is a lot of fun too. Honestly it is hard to believe she is 86. She and Brenda got to laughing at the airport and I thought I was going to have to separate them. Mom is so much fun and she really savors life.

11. God's grace really is sufficient if we allow it. I saw this from two angles on the trip. First I saw the way God has seen so many people through some very rough waters these past few years yet they have not lost their sweet spirit or their faith. FBC has suffered but God has been there for them. Secondly I saw it personally. I know there are those who did not want me there and I was stung by some things that were said to me, but God brought me many times more words of grace and encouragement from folks than words of hurt.

12. My private group FIG (Fallen IN Grace) is having an impact on many lives. So many people told us how they had been encouraged by the group and I was thrilled to know that God was allowing my failures to be used to help others.

13. It is so sweet when someone I thought may hate me shows me I am wrong. You know, it hurts when you do not know how someone you loved so deeply feels about you. Several people like that approached me and let me know they love me and that thrilled my heart.

14. Heaven really is going to be so sweet. I thought as we were leaving town of all the people I did not get to spend any time with while we were there. So many people I wish I could have seen and shared a meal with. There were so many who wished they could sit and chat a while with mom. Well, when we get to Heaven we will have plenty of time to catch up and that will be wonderful.

When mom told me she would love to visit Hammond, she said, "David, you never know when I will no longer be able to visit those I love or how many more of them will go to Heaven soon." Many have gone to Heaven since she was last there. Maybe it will be her last time to go back. I hope not. It was good to bring mom back and to visit myself. So, there are a few of my thoughts. I hope you enjoyed them."  end of Dave's travel log.

Well now we know why they were here.

I couldn't help but think of this. I use it every day.

Luk 11:4  And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Thought this one was interesting.

8. Pastor Wilkerson seems like a genuine and caring pastor. I do not know him well, but he was gracious to me in spite of the fact that a couple of his own staff men would be displeased at him treating me like a human, Just acknowledging our presence, I am sure brought him criticism, but he was gracious anyway, and it allowed others who love us to know we were there so they could greet us. It is evident that he has won the hearts of the people and we are all pleased to see that. When he spoke about God touching his heart at the 1980 Youth Conference when the theme was 'So You Want To Be a Star" I kinda felt that was for me because I was the one who was still leading the Your Conference then.

Here yah go.

12184175_1065239953488545_5111722365209555350_o.jpg

12184081_1065240306821843_3120085948797091427_o.jpg

12030430_1065240410155166_6146953176414500805_o.jpg

12188072_1065240520155155_5279529987650402344_o.jpg

12188010_1065240650155142_2061039029940718176_o.jpg

12066013_1065241023488438_5336452406737305805_n.jpg

12045274_1065241166821757_156559456396455950_o.jpg

12046986_1065242920154915_5258508502805626246_n.jpg

12063608_1065242923488248_6946122916511820148_n.jpg

RAIDER said:

I dislike thinking like you, but I read this on fb last night and also thought this was interesting.

Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:

Never met him personally, but this is what seems to make Wilkerson a classic!

Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:

I dislike thinking like you, but I read this on fb last night and also thought this was interesting.

You are now as smart as you will ever be.

RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:

Dave Hyles is a stupid idiot that continues to live in the Hyles bubble.

Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:

Dave Hyles is a stupid idiot that continues to live in the Hyles bubble.

Could you be more specific. :)