RIP Peter Ruckman 1921-2016

RAIDER said:
Walt said:
Although I disagree strongly with his stand on the KJV, there are certainly some who were close friends of his and will miss him.

Some of the comments here seem a bit lacking in Christian charity.

And that is different than any other day???

We tend to snipe at each other when we don't like what they wrote, or when they show us to be wrong.

But I think that most people here care on some level for the other people.

I'm not for lying about all the problems that Peter Ruckman caused - but "good riddance!" (comments of that ilk) are, in my mind, uncalled for.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Walt said:
Although I disagree strongly with his stand on the KJV, there are certainly some who were close friends of his and will miss him.

I disagreed with his KJVPerversion stance as well as his moral/marriage stance.
But, pray for his family!

And, sadly, I don't know if Prince or Chyna will RIP.

Exactly!  This is what I expected from the bulk of the community here...

The fact that two people on this thread have said complimentary things about Prince's music and apparently no one noticed tells me much about the current state of Christianity.

There are some of us who have no idea who or what "The Prince" is or is not. Saw his pic on Drudge but do not know of the individual. Is he part of the royal family of Saudi Arabia? I really have no interest in knowing.

Tarheel Baptist said:
George Beverly Shea:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/18/arts/music/george-beverly-shea-billy-grahams-singer-dies-at-104.html?_r=0

He will be missed by many that loved his music.

I met him and Billy Graham at John Rice's house in Wheaton in the 50s.

T-Bone said:
Of the three who has actually done more harm to genuine biblical truth?
Ruckman, who spread the KVJO nonsense, leading many astray.
Not Prince, who though an active JW, wasn't known for that, but for his original music.
Not Chyna, who was a bodybuilder and wrestler.

I harbot no ill will to anyone, but Prince and Chyna are the ones I looked up to for their special talents, and the ones I'll miss.

Tom Brennan said:
The fact that two people on this thread have said complimentary things about Prince's music and apparently no one noticed tells me much about the current state of Christianity.

I know nothing about Prince except that he is some kind of secular rock artist; I know that some (many?) on here have no problem with the various forms of rock, so I said nothing.

Tim said:
Tom Brennan said:

I never paid attention to Prince, but today I learned that the "Explicit Content" warning on music began thanks to his filthy lyrics. Doesn't sound like a role model to me. Say what they will about Ruckman - at least I relate more with him as a believer than Prince.
I don't remember seeing the Explicit Content label on many, or even any, Prince songs.

Tim said:
Yes, but Prince and Chyna rejected Jesus Christ and fell for the cares of this world, riches, and lust for fame. They are in hell right now and earth praises them for their carnal life.

Ruckman, though in error with his doctrine at times, saw his need for Jesus Christ and at least wanted to serve him. I am sure many turned to Christ because of the work Ruckman did for Jesus Christ.

We all have our errors. I bet if any of us got a few moments of fame we would find our theology challanged just as Ruckman.

Sorry ... i'll take this video over any video of Prince.
I can't make those judgments.  I don't know what spiritual state any of the three died in. I'll leave that to Jesus, who knows all hearts, I think we'll get a lot of surprises when we get to heaven, both on who is there that we didn't expect, and who isn't there that we did,.

Walt said:

Funny how "lacking in Christian charity" should come up in a thread about Ruckman. What goes around comes around.

He's dead. That means he's beyond my charity. I don't believe him to have been genuinely regenerate, and I'm not going to lie and pretend he was to protect his sycophants' feelings.

T-Bone said:
Of the three who has actually done more harm to genuine biblical truth?

Of the three who will incur the greatest judgment (James 3:1)?

Tim said:
I suppose you assume he should have changed his doctrine at some point along the line? Or. Honestly. What makes you believe this way about him?

The foul-mouthed fool never showed any evidence of it.

Tim said:
That seems harsh. I mean, he taught the Bible best he knew how, and shared the gospel.

Big deal. So does Todd Bentley. So did Elmer Gantry.

I believe he was saved. I believe it more than anyone trying to prove Prince was saved.

No one is trying to prove Prince was saved.

Tim said:
Izdaari said:
Tim said:
Tom Brennan said:

I never paid attention to Prince, but today I learned that the "Explicit Content" warning on music began thanks to his filthy lyrics. Doesn't sound like a role model to me. Say what they will about Ruckman - at least I relate more with him as a believer than Prince.
I don't remember seeing the Explicit Content label on many, or even any, Prince songs.

I just image searched on google "prince" and the results should have come with an explicit warning.
So you don't actually know any of his songs?
Prince is actually one of the "cleaner" performers out there.
If you did know his songs, you'd know that.

Tim said:
Web said:
I'll post this, then I'm done with the topic:

1.  Thank God we have Tim and others of his ilk who know all the people who will be in heaven or hell.  The pressure of that knowledge must be overwhelming at times.

2.  Schaap's cell phone pictures and text messages should have been labeled "Warning, Explicit Content."

3.  It has been reported on this forum that Schaap's cursing and swearing were a normal occurrence at staff meetings. 

I could go on, but the stories of fallen saints of God are numerous enough.

As always, it just depends upon whose ox is being gored.

True. I have no earthly clue to be certain of their destination. But, God always intended for believers to do good works. If we see these good works we can make a sound assumption.  One of these good works is the profession of faith in Jesus Christ - and the Bible says we are saved by faith. Whosoever calls on the name of Jesus Christ shall me saved. Ruckman showed this publicly. That was his witness.

Prince proved none of this. He proved just the opposite.

But. Yes. In the strictest definition Prince could have had saving faith and struggled with sin and Ruckman was a liar.

My comments were made in the spirit of the thread praising Prince while downing Ruckman.
According to those who knew him, Prince was helpful, kind and generous.
Ruckman was cantankerous, argumentative and profane.
Guess which of the two I think showed better fruits of the spirit?

Timmeh, have you read this?
Proverbs 6:19, some of the things God hates, " and one who sows discord among brothers."
Romans 16:17-18 I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.
And he was wa well known racist, what mark of believer is that?

bgwilkinson said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
George Beverly Shea:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/18/arts/music/george-beverly-shea-billy-grahams-singer-dies-at-104.html?_r=0

He will be missed by many that loved his music.

I met him and Billy Graham at John Rice's house in Wheaton in the 50s.

1. You are old.

2. You must have some good stories. 

:)