Ruckman's Failed Prediction - "The Year 2000 is the limit for the Advent"

Matthew 19:7-9 gives some guidance on Gods opinion of divorce. Polygamy didn't seem to be a big issue in the NT church so there would be little reason to put in prohibition of polygamy. And if you took "husband of one wife" to mean one at a time.

Matthew 19:7-9 does allow for an exception. Is that exception not allowable for pastors?

I don't believe so. I believe the standard called out for pastors goes above and beyond.
Based on what other than your own opinion?

Titus 1:6 & I Tim 3:2
Not sure what that has to do with Matt 19. The only exclusion would be to divorce your wife if she was NOT a fornicator.

I know of no Baptist pastor who has more than one wife. if you do, please contact the authorities as, for some reason, the law considers that wrong.

Not sure what that has to do with Matt 19. The only exclusion would be to divorce your wife if she was NOT a fornicator.

I know of no Baptist pastor who has more than one wife. if you do, please contact the authorities as, for some reason, the law considers that wrong.

I don't see completing the proper paperwork before getting together with your next spouse changes it anything.

I don't see completing the proper paperwork before getting together with your next spouse changes it anything.
That's the problem when you let man guide you and not God.

That's the problem when you let man guide you and not God.

I'm more curious than anything I didn't think this was a controversial reading of Titus 1:6. So your position is a pastor can have as many wives as he chooses as long as it's not at the same time?

I'm more curious than anything I didn't think this was a controversial reading of Titus 1:6. So your position is a pastor can have as many wives as he chooses as long as it's not at the same time?
Any man who thinks he can change wives "as he chooses" is a nut. The Scriptures give clear guidelines for divorce and remarriage. If those are followed there is no issue.

If you have a problem with that, take it up with the Author.

Can you elaborate on how Titus 1:6 & 1 Tim 3:2 exclude the exception in Matthew 19 from applying to pastors?
Matthew 19 applies to everyone with a scriptural reason for divorce: fornication. Divorce outside of that is wrong. Divorce based on fornication is scriptural and ends the marriage, as death ends a marriage.

A divorced man who divorced because of fornication is free of that marriage and has no wife. Zero. Do we agree on that? If that man remarries ( and he is free to do so scripturally) then he has A wife. One wife. Being a pastor has nothing to do with it. Do I think there is a social stigma to it? Yes. But we don't base qualifications on social stigma.

I think there is a social stigma on a man wearing jeans and a t-shirt to preach. But that is my preference, not a scriptural qualification.

Here's an example of a pastor doing wrong: Gregg Locke pastors a church in TN. He committed adultery with another woman in his church, destroyed his marriage, his wife divorced him and he remarried the other woman.

Scripturally the man is wrong (but has 1.5 Million "Likers" on his Facebook page), but there are MANY who would hold the innocent woman, his ex-wife as GUILTY if she were to remarry. Or, if a single man married her and then he went into the ministry, there would be flames from the brethren as to how WRONG that is.

Of course. little is said of men who fornicate with multiple women, then marry, then go into the ministry, which ignores the clear scriptural teaching of "flesh joining flesh". How many "wives" did that guy have? Don't worry, we don't mention that.

I've had people tell me that if a whore gets saved, it washes away all her sin and makes her a virgin again. Man, you just can't make this stuff up. The Pharisees are everywhere.

This article has some commentary on the "husband of one wife" issue, including quotes from Ruckman himself.
1 Tim 3:2 literally means "a man of one woman." I've never seen a good reason to believe "one-woman man" didn't mean the same thing to Paul as it does to us. (In other words it's a description of character, not a nose count.) By no stretch of the imagination is a man married three times, who admits to leaving marks on one of his wives, a "one-woman man." (It amazes me Rucky, whom we have been assured is a genius, thought telling the world "I never hit my wife, I only left bruises" would paint him in a good light.)

Well, I reckon that Rucky was not to blame for all those bruises on his first wife. She provoked him, she made him do it, she was asking for it. Isn't that the excuse that most wife-beaters use?

1 Tim 3:2 literally means "a man of one woman." I've never seen a good reason to believe "one-woman man" didn't mean the same thing to Paul as it does to us. (In other words it's a description of character, not a nose count.) By no stretch of the imagination is a man married three times, who admits to leaving marks on one of his wives, a "one-woman man." (It amazes me Rucky, whom we have been assured is a genius, thought telling the world "I never hit my wife, I only left bruises" would paint him in a good light.)
So you support that only men who are virgins, then marry, can become pastors? Can single, virgin men, become pastors, or do they HAVE to have a wife? Thoughts?

There is zero evidence that either of Ruckman's first 2 wives fornicated, so his divorces were not scriptural. Now he always claimed his first wife deserted him, but his son Michael disputes that. Who knows? The second wife was a disaster. I've never defended those and they are a black mark on a good man's life.

Any man who thinks he can change wives "as he chooses" is a nut. The Scriptures give clear guidelines for divorce and remarriage. If those are followed there is no issue.

If you have a problem with that, take it up with the Author.

Tune in tomorrow and hear Twisted explain how bruising your wife is a sign of spiritual prowess...and the more ex wives you have the better you're able to preach and teach on the 'Christian Home'.
Using the 1611 KJV, of course.

So you support that only men who are virgins, then marry, can become pastors? Can single, virgin men, become pastors, or do they HAVE to have a wife? Thoughts?

Yeah, I said none of the above. So I think you should quit lying.

Rucky-worshippers are not bothered by Rucky bragging about abusing and bruising his first wife - they are abusive people themselves, and they admire people like Rucky who are abusive. Apparently he had problems with anger management - big time. Check out these anti-Semitic remarks from Rucky's video "Dr. Ruckman 1993 Questions and Answers:"

[24 minute mark] “But, because God chose him you have to love him [the Jew], you have to love him. And if you don't, God will bless them that bless thee, and curse them that curse thee, so you gotta be careful. And it's kinda hard to be careful. I don't know if you have–you don't have a lot of Jews in North Carolina, or at least back in the mountains you don't. And if you do, they behave themselves, 'cause they're kind of outnumbered. But ah, but you take a city Jew, a citified Jew like Chicago, or New York, they are the most repulsive people in this world, man! I guess, out of sight of another group I know of. (chuckles) The closest I ever came to hitting a fella was a Jewish pawn broker in Chicago."

Bunch of white knights up in here

1587069139024.png