So close your eyes and tell me.......

I remember the big black speaker boxes.  I used to wonder if there was staff hiding behind them watching for infractions among the college students.

I remember being hungry, tired and smelling like Chicago while stuck in the very back of the Division 5 section, watching all the "important" people huddle in on the rows near Roger, roger, roger. 

I remember freezing in place when I heard for the very first time that anything but the KJB was wrong.....as I hid my NKJV that my folks had bought me for a birthday present.

Before I went to HAC, while still in the USAF, I spent 30 lonely days in Goose Bay Labrador (A NATO base) in September of 1989 listening to a shoe box full of Dr. Hyles cassette tapes.  I would try to picture what the auditorium looked like.  I was overjoyed when I finally got there in 1990 and felt like I was finally home!

16KJV11 said:
Before I went to HAC, while still in the USAF, I spent 30 lonely days in Goose Bay Labrador (A NATO base) in September of 1989 listening to a shoe box full of Dr. Hyles cassette tapes.  I would try to picture what the auditorium looked like.  I was overjoyed when I finally got there in 1990 and felt like I was finally home!

Of course '89 was when it all "hit the fan".  Had you heard anything about that and if so, did it make you reconsider whether to attend?

I remember that sinking feeling when we'd realize, at the end of a service, that it was Business Meeting night and we had to stay & listen to the minutes being read. 

IFB X-Files said:
16KJV11 said:

Of course '89 was when it all "hit the fan".  Had you heard anything about that and if so, did it make you reconsider whether to attend?
Actually, I did hear a little about it, but I was young, naive and didn't pay much attention to it.

I thought some of you might enjoy this (if I can get it to show up). 

FBC_VBS.jpg

Least of These said:

FBC_VBS.jpg

I remember those guys.  :)

Least of These said:
And for those who mentioned the PA room... 

FBC_PA.jpg

This is a great pic!  Where did you find these?  I never saw this one or the one from VBS in the 1964 auditorium.
That is where I attended my first VBS's as a kid.  Great memories and thanks for sharing them.  BTW, Share others if you have them.

Least of These said:

FBC_VBS.jpg

Thanks for the flashback.  Good childhood memories.

tobytyler said:
Least of These said:

FBC_PA.jpg

This is a great pic!  Where did you find these?  I never saw this one or the one from VBS in the 1964 auditorium.
That is where I attended my first VBS's as a kid.  Great memories and thanks for sharing them.  BTW, Share others if you have them.
Is that Bob?

prophet said:
tobytyler said:
Least of These said:

FBC_PA.jpg

Is that Bob?

Ray Newton and Bob Plopper

prophet said:
tobytyler said:
Least of These said:

FBC_PA.jpg

Is that Bob?

That's Ray Newton and Bob Plopper

Ray was a pilot for United or American.  Bro. Hyles told the story how he was flying once and saw that the pilot's name was Ray Newton.  He went up to the cockpit and said this is a hijack as a joke.  It was the wrong airline.  He said he had to do some quick explaining. 

I wonder how that would go over now!

Timotheus said:
prophet said:
tobytyler said:
Least of These said:

FBC_PA.jpg

Is that Bob?

That's Ray Newton and Bob Plopper

Ray was a pilot for United or American.  Bro. Hyles told the story how he was flying once and saw that the pilot's name was Ray Newton.  He went up to the cockpit and said this is a hijack as a joke.  It was the wrong airline.  He said he had to do some quick explaining. 

I wonder how that would go over now!

I think it might be more tense now but, I believe he could still talk his way out of it.

He is so down home and folksy as well as a fast slick talker.

It sure would be fun to watch though.

Would make a great YouTube video.