So close your eyes and tell me.......

I see tired bus workers nodding off in their seats!!

tobytyler said:
Dr. Hyles had pretty good comedic timing.  I remember at the end of a service Dr. Hyles was reading the names of those that had made decisions.  Harriet stood up to put her coat on.  Her coat had leopard like spots on it.  Dr. Hyles quickly yelled and dove behind the pulpit.  He slowly stood up and said, "Oh, sorry, it's just Harriet putting on her coat.  I thought a wild animal was loose in the building".  The place broke out in laughter.....for the rest of the service!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)    THE ABOVE POST IS THE BEST POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!
[/quote]

Of all the the old ladies he loved besides his mother was Harriett Goodlow.  I remember one service, I don't remember what she was doing, standing up, but during the middle of the sermon, he sat down until she was finished.  The whole crowd knew it was Harriett.  She was so sincere, too.  She was a hoot. 

patriotic said:
I recall Bro. Hyles's voice become gentle as he referred to the Sunbeam and Pathfinder Departments, He used the phrase "educable slow".
Close. I think he used the word educably. He may have made it up. Whatever....no big deal.

Smellin Coffee said:
Sweet Harriet Goodlow coming in late in her hat and purse, finding her seat next to Coystal.
Loved the banter between her and Bro.Hyles!

kaba said:
Once in awhile I will have nightmares about that place!! Loved it when they finally made a place for resting, tons of mirrors and lots of toilets!!
Those weird inbetween-the-floors under-the P.A.booth restrooms were the worst.

I remember, whenever I had to paint them, over hearing Randy Ericson asking the custodians if anyone had an idea about getting rid of that horrible smell.

Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
I see Ed Wolber walking across the platform to the pulpit holding his Bible & effortlessly beginning to sing of Christ great love.

Thanks, fish, I had forgotten about Brother Wolber.  Good guy.

Anybody still have the tape that was given away during a program "Ed Wolber sings the Favorites of Dr. Jack Hyles?"
You know it.

I hear Bro.Randy shouting out the auditorium temperature.

"68, 68, and 2!"

From his little short pew at the back.

prophet said:
kaba said:
Once in awhile I will have nightmares about that place!! Loved it when they finally made a place for resting, tons of mirrors and lots of toilets!!

I remember, whenever I had to paint them, over hearing Randy Ericson asking the custodians if anyone had an idea about getting rid of that horrible smell.

The bus kids plugged and over flowed the toilets regularly and the watery slimy mess soaked through the floors and down onto the drop ceiling in the ground floor hall way. Many times dripping onto the carpeted hallway floor below. There were numbers on the ground floor drop ceiling indicating where each toilet was located so as to expedite the unplugging operation. If you walked in the hall below you could get a free shower.

Oh the stink.

bgwilkinson said:
prophet said:
kaba said:

The bus kids plugged and over flowed the toilets regularly and the watery slimy mess soaked through the floors and down onto the drop ceiling in the ground floor hall way. Many times dripping onto the carpeted hallway floor below. There were numbers on the ground floor drop ceiling indicating where each toilet was located so as to expedite the unplugging operation. If you walked in the hall below you could get a free shower.

Oh the stink.
In that same hall , invariably, by 11:45 on Sunday morning, there would be the pink throw up powder down.

prophet said:
bgwilkinson said:
prophet said:
kaba said:

Oh the stink.
In that same hall , invariably, by 11:45 on Sunday morning, there would be the pink throw up powder down.

How have I forgotten about the pink puke powder?  It was everywhere.

I can hear the choir singing "We'll Never Say Goodby in Glory" as I'm getting ready to bolt out of the pew.

You know, many people walked out at the start of the invitation when bedlam broke lose and they had cover to  go out unnoticed.

I am impressed you waited it out.

I can picture my good friend and I, "walking" rather quickly to get to one of the first buses so we can get back to the college early! I learned to dodge and weave real well!!!

Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:
bgwilkinson said:
prophet said:
kaba said:

Oh the stink.

How have I forgotten about the pink puke powder?  It was everywhere.

Yes, I vaguely remember the pink puke powder.  :D

Sorry, but when I close my eyes and think about fbch the yellow and white seems to obscure everything else. ;D

Mrs. Colsten entering from the choir ready room with a tray full of glasses of water.

Baptist City Holdout said:
The impression of an iron in the lobby carpet.
That was there for a long time.