So close your eyes and tell me.......

patriotic said:
Mrs. Colsten entering from the choir ready room with a tray full of glasses of water.
You knew the organ would fire up soon.

I see Bro. Hyles squinting up into the P.A. Booth, above that static electricity gauntlet of bullet proof glass, looking at the clock and handing out instructions.

When you were a little kid, you dreaded trying to walk past the college student section, in front of that glass.  Invariably, you would be forced to walk up against the glass, to avoid being trampled, and your 70's polyester would become a taser.

patriotic said:
Mrs. Colsten entering from the choir ready room with a tray full of glasses of water.

Thanks, Patriotic, I had forgotten about that one.

Does anyone remember Charlie the crazy man?  He and his, I'm assuming wife, sat looking out from the pulpit, maybe six or seven rows back center isle. 

I remember once that FBCH had some kind of parade in the auditorium and the people were throwing candy and some of the candy hit the wife and ole Charlie started yelling at everyone to stop hitting his wife.     

There were stains where they sat. 

Bruh said:
Does anyone remember Charlie the crazy man?  He and his, I'm assuming wife, sat looking out from the pulpit, maybe six or seven rows back center isle. 

I remember once that FBCH had some kind of parade in the auditorium and the people were throwing candy and some of the candy hit the wife and ole Charlie started yelling at everyone to stop hitting his wife.     

They were homeless.
The wife ended up in the Ladies R.U. Home.

prophet said:
Bruh said:

They were homeless.

Nope, they lived on Indiana street in Hammond, down the road from the bridge.  Not much of a house but I don't think they were homeless, unless the homeless came later.   

Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:

They were homeless.

Nope, they lived on Indiana street in Hammond, down the road from the bridge.  Not much of a house but I don't think they were homeless, unless the homeless came later. 
They ended up on the street again, in the early 2000's

prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:

They were homeless.

Do you know any thing else about them?

Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:

They were homeless.

Haven't been there since  '06, sorry.

prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:

They were homeless.

What about there history?

Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:

They were homeless.

I never heard their story. 

Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:

They were homeless.

Charlie Vargo

If I recall correctly, they had a son or relative (maybe a nephew?) that was on staff in the ministry there at one time.

qwerty said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:

They were homeless.

Charlie Vargo

If I recall correctly, they had a son or relative (maybe a nephew?) that was on staff in the ministry there at one time.
Grace?

I remember a Jerry Vargo and family.

prophet said:
qwerty said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:

They were homeless.

Charlie Vargo

Grace?

Yeah, think Jerry is who I am thinking of.... Think there is a connection there somewhere.  Will talk to some old time former staff in the next few days, will confirm.

On a Wednesday evening an hour before the service I can feel a cool auditorium with people speckled throughout reading their Bibles or quietly talking.

qwerty said:
prophet said:
qwerty said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:

They were homeless.

Charlie Vargo

Grace?

Yeah, think Jerry is who I am thinking of.... Think there is a connection there somewhere.  Will talk to some old time former staff in the next few days, will confirm.

I may be mistaken but I remember the Danbarry's (spelling) saying something about the wife and her family attending when when the wife was a child. 

RAIDER said:
On a Wednesday evening an hour before the service I can feel a cool auditorium with people speckled throughout reading their Bibles or quietly talking.

Yes, I use to go and sit by Peter Pearson, now that was a fun guy. 

Bruh said:
RAIDER said:

Yes, I use to go and sit by Peter Pearson, now that was a fun guy.

It was actually a serene environment.

Bruh said:
qwerty said:
prophet said:
qwerty said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:

They were homeless.

Charlie Vargo

Grace?

I may be mistaken but I remember the Danbarry's (spelling) saying something about the wife and her family attending when when the wife was a child.

Charles Vargo and his wife have led a very hard life.  Barely got by with nothing to their name.  They had a house on Indiana Ave in Hammond very near the Wonder Bread bakery.  They had 3 sons, I believe, but the state took all of them.  The sons would be in their mid 40's.  I remember one time that Vargo was in the large men's bathroom after Sunday School and Phil Sallie walks in and sees Vargo and immediately yells, "IT SURE SMELLS IN HERE TODAY!"  Still brings a hearty chuckle 30 years later.

tobytyler said:
Bruh said:
qwerty said:
prophet said:
qwerty said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:

They were homeless.

Charlie Vargo

Grace?

Charles Vargo and his wife have led a very hard life.  Barely got by with nothing to their name.  They had a house on Indiana Ave in Hammond very near the Wonder Bread bakery.  They had 3 sons, I believe, but the state took all of them.  The sons would be in their mid 40's.  I remember one time that Vargo was in the large men's bathroom after Sunday School and Phil Sallie walks in and sees Vargo and immediately yells, "IT SURE SMELLS IN HERE TODAY!"  Still brings a hearty chuckle 30 years later.

It was shameful how those two were treated.