Standards of dress

RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:
It's frustrating when you can't get a straight answer to a simple question, isn't it?  Ha!

I'm just trying to get you to admit that you believe people should have some dress standards.  It's nothing to be ashamed of.  Because you think there should be some dress standards does not make you a hypocrite and does not make you judgmental.  You can voice your stance.  We are all friends here.  :)

Are you kidding me?????????  hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!  I have seen more unkindness and unChristlikeness here than at the corner bar I frequent....you know...because I wear pants.  Ha!  And sometimes the unkindness and unChristlikeness comes from ME! SMH  This place brings it out in us.

RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:
It's really pretty here!  But, don't come calling in a Speedo.  Don't want to scare off the livestock.  Ha!

I can just see the expression on your husband's face if I showed up in a Speedo.  :)

He would die laughing.....then he would run to the bathroom to throw up.....

cast.sheep said:
RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:
It's frustrating when you can't get a straight answer to a simple question, isn't it?  Ha!

I'm just trying to get you to admit that you believe people should have some dress standards.  It's nothing to be ashamed of.  Because you think there should be some dress standards does not make you a hypocrite and does not make you judgmental.  You can voice your stance.  We are all friends here.  :)

Are you kidding me?????????  hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!  I have seen more unkindness and unChristlikeness here than at the corner bar I frequent....you know...because I wear pants.  Ha!  And sometimes the unkindness and unChristlikeness comes from ME! SMH  This place brings it out in us.

Believe it or not I would consider myself "friends" with most of the posters on here.  The one exception would be the scorning rodent.  It would take a meeting for me to consider calling him friend.  We debate pretty hard and get a bit contentious from time to time.  I actually don't view most of it as unChristlike.

cast.sheep said:
RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:
It's really pretty here!  But, don't come calling in a Speedo.  Don't want to scare off the livestock.  Ha!

I can just see the expression on your husband's face if I showed up in a Speedo.  :)

He would die laughing.....then he would run to the bathroom to throw up.....

He would quickly throw on his Speedo and say. "Let's go for a run!"  :)

Once again, I truly believe when Christians stop arguing about stuff that doesn't matter and refocus on the Great Commission, we might get some work done for the Lord.

100 years from now, what will it matter what we wore when we reached the lost?

SwampHag said:
Once again, I truly believe when Christians stop arguing about stuff that doesn't matter and refocus on the Great Commission, we might get some work done for the Lord.

There is over 8,000 views I believe there is a lot being accomplished.

SwampHag said:

We are not losing our focus on the Great Commission while we debate this issue.  It's not "one or the other".  Debating is the purpose of the FFF.  If posting on the FFF causes you to lose focus on the Great Commission, by all means don't post on any thread. 

I don't mean for this to come across in a harsh way. :)

Bruh said:
SwampHag said:

There is over 8,000 views I believe there is a lot being accomplished.

Bruh, thank you for getting us back to what's important...........the numbers, baby!!

Mathew Ward said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Any time a thread about standards comes up on the FFF several posters immediately began to downplay the standard and talk about how a Christian should be on the inside.  I am in 100% agreement that the inside is of utmost importance.  When the inside is right there will naturally be something that reflects it on the outside.

For example, if a person has Christ's love and compassion on the inside, they will have a heart for people on the outside.  It will cause them to do things to show that love and compassion.  If a person has the joy of Christ on the inside they will express that joy on the outside even though they may be going through a trial.  If a person has the purity of Christ on the inside will they not adorn themselves in a pure manner?  Just a thought.

Yes.

But again the disagreement comes because some believe that it is impossible for a woman to be modest in pants.  From what I understand you don't believe a woman can wear pants and be modest whereas there are others that believe it is possible for a woman to wear pants and be modest.

I am speaking of the shorts, tight shirts, etc that some believe can be worn because they are "appropriate" for the occasion.

Could you clarify if how Bruh summarized your position in bold above is true.

Bumped for Raider...

Mathew Ward said:
Mathew Ward said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Any time a thread about standards comes up on the FFF several posters immediately began to downplay the standard and talk about how a Christian should be on the inside.  I am in 100% agreement that the inside is of utmost importance.  When the inside is right there will naturally be something that reflects it on the outside.

For example, if a person has Christ's love and compassion on the inside, they will have a heart for people on the outside.  It will cause them to do things to show that love and compassion.  If a person has the joy of Christ on the inside they will express that joy on the outside even though they may be going through a trial.  If a person has the purity of Christ on the inside will they not adorn themselves in a pure manner?  Just a thought.

Yes.

But again the disagreement comes because some believe that it is impossible for a woman to be modest in pants.  From what I understand you don't believe a woman can wear pants and be modest whereas there are others that believe it is possible for a woman to wear pants and be modest.

I am speaking of the shorts, tight shirts, etc that some believe can be worn because they are "appropriate" for the occasion.

Bumped for Raider...

No, it is not true.

RAIDER said:
Mathew Ward said:
Mathew Ward said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:

Yes.

Bumped for Raider...

No, it is not true.

I didn't think it was. But because of the stand you take I can how how it could be misconstrued...there must be 50 ways to spot a HACker :)

Mathew Ward said:
I didn't think it was. But because of the stand you take I can how how it could be misconstrued...there must be 50 ways to spot a HACker :)

I believe a woman can be "modest" in pants, but I also think pants are a man's attire.

RAIDER said:
Mathew Ward said:

I believe a woman can be "modest" in pants, but I also think pants are a man's attire.

So, you believe that if a woman wears pants, a man's attire, she is committing sin? Not a trick question, but an honest and sincere question.

Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:
Mathew Ward said:

So, you believe that if a woman wears pants, a man's attire, she is committing sin? Not a trick question, but an honest and sincere question.

It is no more sin than taking a gun and robbing a bank.

:)  Just wanted to give the scorning rodent something to post about.

RAIDER said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:
Mathew Ward said:

What would be your biblical basis for this belief?

Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:
Mathew Ward said:

(munching popcorn)

Mathew Ward said:
RAIDER said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:
Mathew Ward said:

I was teasing with my comment about the gun and robbery.

RAIDER said:
Mathew Ward said:
RAIDER said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:
Mathew Ward said:

So, NO is the answer to my question.
A lady is not committing sin when she wears 'modest' pants.

That's a relief! :)

Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:
Mathew Ward said:
RAIDER said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:
Mathew Ward said:

Why would that be a relief to you?

RAIDER said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:
Mathew Ward said:
RAIDER said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:
Mathew Ward said:

Why would that be a relief to you?

Not to me personally.
I was just thinking of the spiritual well being of pant wearing women everywhere.  :)