Standards of dress

Actually, he hasn't answered the question.

rsc2a said:
Actually, he hasn't answered the question.

He was asked directly many times.
I'm left to surmise his last response means he DOES NOT believe it a sin for ladies to wear pants. If he believed otherwise, he wouldn't hesitate to say so....I assume he was just milking it for the entertainment value.
Unless he corrects the record.... :)

Ok, here is your smoking gun.

Myself and my wife's dress standards have changed very little from my days at HAC.  I believe that dress standards are two fold - modesty and gender specific.  I do not believe God wants my wife showing her thighs and cleavage in public.  I do not believe God wants my wife wearing form-fitting "seductive" clothing in public.  I do not believe that there is an "appropriate" place in public to do either. 

I believe that God wants a difference between my wife and I in our roles in the home and society.  I believe He also wants a difference in the clothing we wear.  My wife and I feel that I should wear pants to show that I am a man.  We feel that she should wear dresses or skirts to show that she is a lady.  I believe my wife and I would violate our conscience to do differently than what I have described.

My wife is one of the happiest women I have ever met.  She is the Godliest woman I have ever met.  There has never been a time that she has desired to dress differently than what I have described.  And BTW, this is not what makes her Godly.  Her love and care for others and her desire to fulfill the role of a helpmeet are what show her Godliness.

We do not look down on those that believe differently.  If asked I would share what I have shared on this thread.  I teach an adult Sunday School class and there are women there every week in pants.  Many of our female friends wear pants. 

Hope this answers your questions.   

cast.sheep said:
RAIDER said:

Myself and my wife's dress standards have changed very little from my days at HAC.  I believe that dress standards are two fold - modesty and gender specific.  I do not believe God wants my wife showing her thighs and cleavage in public.  I do not believe God wants my wife wearing form-fitting "seductive" clothing in public.  I do not believe that there is an "appropriate" place in public to do either. 

I believe that God wants a difference between my wife and I in our roles in the home and society.  I believe He also wants a difference in the clothing we wear.  My wife and I feel that I should wear pants to show that I am a man.  We feel that she should wear dresses or skirts to show that she is a lady.  I believe my wife and I would violate our conscience to do differently than what I have described.

My wife is one of the happiest women I have ever met.  She is the Godliest woman I have ever met.  There has never been a time that she has desired to dress differently than what I have described.  And BTW, this is not what makes her Godly.  Her love and care for others and her desire to fulfill the role of a helpmeet are what show her Godliness.

We do not look down on those that believe differently.  If asked I would share what I have shared on this thread.  I teach an adult Sunday School class and there are women there every week in pants.  Many of our female friends wear pants. 

WHAT????  But, you have met meeeeeeee! (feeling hurt...I only have one)

You were not mean enough to the scornful rodent.  That put you in second place.  :)

RAIDER said:

Just like the woman in the white capris and pink top.  Except God isn't pleased with her.  Therein lies the conundrum.

RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:
RAIDER said:

WHAT????  But, you have met meeeeeeee! (feeling hurt...I only have one)

You were not mean enough to the scornful rodent.  That put you in second place.  :)

Lemmmme at 'em....lemmmmmeeeee at 'em......

cast.sheep said:
RAIDER said:

Just like the woman in the white capris and pink top.  Except God isn't pleased with her.  Therein lies the conundrum.

Who said God wasn't pleased with the woman in capris and a pink top who was a blessing to you?  Did I miss something?

RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:
RAIDER said:

Who said God wasn't pleased with the woman in capris and a pink top who was a blessing to you?  Did I miss something?

Yeah, it's back there somewhere.  I'm sure the rodent would be happy to dig it up.  lol.....

cast.sheep said:
RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:
RAIDER said:

Yeah, it's back there somewhere.  I'm sure the rodent would be happy to dig it up.  lol.....

See if you can find that one.

RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:
I am not attacking your personal convictions.  Please do not think that.  They are between you and God.  As you can imagine, I have very close friends and family who think all kinds of different ways than I do and I love them dearly.  Them not thinking like me has no bearing on my love for them.

I am just trying to get an understanding of this thinking that somehow God is not pleased with someone because of what they have on, despite their personal relationship with Him.

Is God pleased with me if I pick up a poor person on the street and take him to the mission for a meal?  Is God pleased with me if I am drunk while I do it?

RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:
RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:
I am not attacking your personal convictions.  Please do not think that.  They are between you and God.  As you can imagine, I have very close friends and family who think all kinds of different ways than I do and I love them dearly.  Them not thinking like me has no bearing on my love for them.

I am just trying to get an understanding of this thinking that somehow God is not pleased with someone because of what they have on, despite their personal relationship with Him.

Is God pleased with me if I pick up a poor person on the street and take him to the mission for a meal?  Is God pleased with me if I am drunk while I do it?

That is not the question.  This is the question:

So, in your opinion, whether or not He was pleased with her is based on what she was wearing and NOT on the fact that her unspoken testimony reminded me of Jesus, His Son?  So...He could use her to do His will, because He can use anyone for anything, but He might not have been pleased with her because of what she had on?

Again, I did not see what she was wearing.  In answer to your question, yes, God can be pleased with someone's unspoken testimony and not be pleased with them in another area of their life.  Absolutely!!

cast.sheep said:
RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:

Where did I say that God wasn't pleased with the woman in capris and a pink top?

cast.sheep said:
RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:
RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:

That is not the question.  This is the question:

So, in your opinion, whether or not He was pleased with her is based on what she was wearing and NOT on the fact that her unspoken testimony reminded me of Jesus, His Son?  So...He could use her to do His will, because He can use anyone for anything, but He might not have been pleased with her because of what she had on?

Again, I did not see what she was wearing.  In answer to your question, yes, God can be pleased with someone's unspoken testimony and not be pleased with them in another area of their life.  Absolutely!!

Where did I say that God wasn't pleased with the woman in capris and a pink top?

You were saying that a lady that was wearing capris and a pink top was a testimony and a blessing to you.  I was trying to get across the point that what she was or was not wearing was not the reason she blessed you.  You saw something else in her.

"Look...what difference, at this point, does it make!"  ~Hillary

I never got a clear answer to the question in the first place which is why it keeps coming up.  Not just from me, but from others as well.

At this point I really don't care one way or another.  That ship has sailed. 

RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:
It's really pretty here!  But, don't come calling in a Speedo.  Don't want to scare off the livestock.  Ha!

I can just see the expression on your hus8band's face if I showed up in a Speedo.  :)

TOTALLY being judgmental here, and QUITE PROUD to be so when I emphatically state,

"THERE IS NOT NOR EVER WILL BE AN OCCASION,  EVENT, OR ANY HUMAN ACTIVITY WHERE YOUR WEARING A SPEEDO MIGHT REMOTELY BE CONSIDERED APPROPRIATE!!!!!"

cast.sheep said:
"Look...what difference, at this point, does it make!"  ~Hillary

I never got a clear answer to the question in the first place which is why it keeps coming up.  Not just from me, but from others as well.

At this point I really don't care one way or another.  That ship has sailed.

I take it that not everyone here gives Raider the benefit of 'the pant wearers aren't sinning' doubt that I gave him.
What are you people waiting for? A yes or no?

I still say he meant to say NO! Pant wearing ladies are not sinning!!
But, you know me, I'm easily swayed!  ;D

Tarheel Baptist said:
I still say he meant to say NO! Pant wearing ladies are not sinning!!

As with anything in the Christian's life, it all depends on the condition of the heart.

I don't know if any of you old-timers remember this, but when I was a HAC student starting in 1980, maxi-dresses (dresses that came to the floor..popular with hippies in the 60's & 70's) were against the rules. Because they were associated with the hippie/rebellion movement. Modest, flowing floor length dresses...outlawed! Ha!

cast.sheep said:
I don't know if any of you old-timers remember this, but when I was a HAC student starting in 1980, maxi-dresses (dresses that came to the floor..popular with hippies in the 60's & 70's) were against the rules. Because they were associated with the hippie/rebellion movement. Modest, flowing floor length dresses...outlawed! Ha!
Just shows how queer HAC was.