The craziest thing I saw at HAC/FBCH

RAIDER said:
qwerty said:
RAIDER said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
Jack Schaap demonstrating how to polish a shaft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr0UpQXYkGs

Just as crazy is the group of guys behind him that sat through many of Schaap's off-the-wall sermons.
And wishing they were like him.... To have his vision, his spirituality.... Putting him on a pedestal in their sermons as they preached across the country.

That is still the thing that baffles me the most.  How in the world could so many of these "high profile" guys sit there week after week and listen to the bazaar comments that he made during sermons?
What else would they do? If it wasn't for their connection to FBCH/HAC who would let them peach to their congregation?

They had to stay to survive I suppose.

Those with any talent had no problem leaving or walking away earlier.

Edit.... Teri beat me to it... And the realization that I'm so distracted sometimes, it takes 17 minutes to make a short post.

Teri in NC said:
16KJV11 said:
RAIDER said:
Baptist City Holdout said:
16KJV11 said:
Twisted said:
RAIDER said:
That is still the thing that baffles me the most.  How in the world could so many of these "high profile" guys sit there week after week and listen to the bazaar comments that he made during sermons?

$$$$$$$$$
Putting up with that for MAYBE 30k  a year?
I think it has more to do with the 'prestige' of working there or the 'fear' of leaving if you were to try.

And not being able to tell the truth as to why you are leaving to a prospective employer.

Yes, we won't want to tell anyone that we were leaving because you thought false doctrine was being preached.  ;)
It's called 'disloyalty'...  :mad:  Phooey!
I think many of them don't think they have anywhere else to go.  No skillset.  Nothing marketable.

Just my opinion, but I think I am right.

Pickle factories are always hiring.

RAIDER said:
Twisted said:
RAIDER said:

$$$$$$$$$

I don't know if these guys made decent money or not.  Was it a "comfort zone"?  Was it the status of working for FBCH/HAC?

Decent enough to buy a house near the church. I know that for a fact.

Is that decent? To be able to afford a home? I don't know, ask someone who lives in California what he or she thinks.

I have to admit, it was an inconvenience living off campus at Baptist City.  I lived there during my freshman and sophomore years.  There were washers and dryers in each set of dorms.  There was also a laundromat within walking distance.  A student that lived at BC did not have time to go back to his dorm and do laundry on a certain day before going to work.  He decided to bring his dirty laundry to main campus in a huge duffle bag.  Of course there was no where to put the duffle bag.  His solution was to carry it to every class and sit in by his chair or in the back of the room.  Only at HAC!!!

TheRealJonStewart said:
RAIDER said:
Twisted said:
RAIDER said:

$$$$$$$$$

I don't know if these guys made decent money or not.  Was it a "comfort zone"?  Was it the status of working for FBCH/HAC?

Is that decent? To be able to afford a home? I don't know, ask someone who lives in California what he or she thinks.

If you bought near the church you could get a house for between 15,000 to 40,000. Higher prices were where most of the burned out ones had been torn down for a few years and it was a mostly green area.

bgwilkinson said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
RAIDER said:
Twisted said:
RAIDER said:

$$$$$$$$$

If you bought near the church you could get a house for between 15,000 to 40,000. Higher prices were where most of the burned out ones had been torn down for a few years and it was a mostly green area.

What do you think some of these staff men made per year while working for Schaap?

bgwilkinson said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
RAIDER said:
Twisted said:
RAIDER said:

$$$$$$$$$

Yeah see, you can't even that in Stockton, CA.

RAIDER said:
I have to admit, it was an inconvenience living off campus at Baptist City.  I lived there during my freshman and sophomore years.  There were washers and dryers in each set of dorms.  There was also a laundromat within walking distance.  A student that lived at BC did not have time to go back to his dorm and do laundry on a certain day before going to work.  He decided to bring his dirty laundry to main campus in a huge duffle bag.  Of course there was no where to put the duffle bag.  His solution was to carry it to every class and sit in by his chair or in the back of the room.  Only at HAC!!!

I never knew why this happened.  I never asked either.  I guess I thought it was a dead body in there.

Alvin Martinez Voice is just upset Schaap would polish his shaft or sneak him around  town

Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:

I never knew why this happened.  I never asked either.  I guess I thought it was a dead body in there.

Some people have pictures of Jack Hyles and Lee Roberson in their church foyer. I have a picture of the laundry guy with his bag!

TheRealJonStewart said:
Jack Schaap demonstrating how to polish a shaft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr0UpQXYkGs

I don't know if that video (I didn't get two minutes into it before I turned it off) was a comedy skit, a sermon or whatever but it was really sick.  I noticed there were a bunch of men sitting behind him acting like this was normal behavior.  What was wrong with the people that they would tolerate something like this? There is no doubt as to what he was simulating.

I agree with you, Teri!  I?ve always said that place was either a ladder or a crutch.  They used to preach that they?d take care of you from the cradle to the grave.  They made some of those people so dependent that they couldn?t find their way out.  Some of them had no place else to go for the reasons you stated.  Some of them seemed to have Stockholm Syndrome.  It was a sick and sad situation.  My life began the day I walked out that door and I have never regretted one day since.  I saw John Colsten get made fun of from the pulpit and there sat Elaine, laughing right along with the rest.  I saw self-admitted deviants left to work around young girls and children.  I saw a grown man open his pants in Sunday School and the superintendent of that department told the group that we didn?t see what we clearly saw!  I saw people blackmailed with their misdeeds.  If those misdeeds had truly happened, then what were they doing in those jobs in the first place?  What an awful way to have to describe the church you grew up in!  Maybe that is why I am interested in watching Leah Remini expose Scientology!  I did what I could, but as the saying says, ?You can lead a horse to water.....?

sawthruglassclearly said:
I agree with you, Teri!  I?ve always said that place was either a ladder or a crutch.  They used to preach that they?d take care of you from the cradle to the grave.  They made some of those people so dependent that they couldn?t find their way out.  Some of them had no place else to go for the reasons you stated.  Some of them seemed to have Stockholm Syndrome.  It was a sick and sad situation.  My life began the day I walked out that door and I have never regretted one day since.  I saw John Colsten get made fun of from the pulpit and there sat Elaine, laughing right along with the rest.  I saw self-admitted deviants left to work around young girls and children.  I saw a grown man open his pants in Sunday School and the superintendent of that department told the group that we didn?t see what we clearly saw!  I saw people blackmailed with their misdeeds.  If those misdeeds had truly happened, then what were they doing in those jobs in the first place?  What an awful way to have to describe the church you grew up in!  Maybe that is why I am interested in watching Leah Remini expose Scientology!  I did what I could, but as the saying says, ?You can lead a horse to water.....?
Wow, what was the scenario around the flasher in Sunday School?  Who was it and how was it justified?

Regarding the man and his pants:  This was a big name in the bus ministry.  Why he did what he did remains a mystery.  The Sunday School superintendent saw it as clearly as the group of us did in Junior High I.  She stammered and hem-hawed, but she defended her position that he hadn?t done what he did and we all looked at each other in disbelief and amazement! Not to mention that we were all shocked to have seen the thing we saw!

Is this guy still @ FBC?

Regarding the man and his pants:  This was a big name in the bus ministry.  Why he did what he did remains a mystery.  The Sunday School superintendent saw it as clearly as the group of us did in Junior High I.  She stammered and hem-hawed, but she defended her position that he hadn?t done what he did and we all looked at each other in disbelief and amazement! Not to mention that we were all shocked to have seen the thing we saw!

This story I never heard of......how long ago are we talking?  I remember two superintendents of Junior High I, Hazel Ruzkowski and Donna Johnson, and I can't believe that those two ladies would've turned a blind eye.  Both ladies were extremely good superintendents and both very vocal and outgoing ladies----I'm hoping that this stunt didn't happen under their times of leading this department.

I saw John Colsten get made fun of from the pulpit and there sat Elaine, laughing right along with the rest.

John Colsten had a good (but dry) sense of humor.  He would laugh at himself and enjoyed playing the part with Dr. Hyles.  That is why Elaine laughed.  I know there were problems at FBCH, but making these kind of things out to be "evil" is silly.

RAIDER said:
I saw John Colsten get made fun of from the pulpit and there sat Elaine, laughing right along with the rest.

John Colsten had a good (but dry) sense of humor.  He would laugh at himself and enjoyed playing the part with Dr. Hyles.  That is why Elaine laughed.  I know there were problems at FBCH, but making these kind of things out to be "evil" is silly.

^^^^ This.

RAIDER said:

I'm going to agree.... I remember when Dr. Hyles read off the names of people needing to pay for tapes, and somehow "Bart Simpson" made the list. A slight chuckle went through the crowd and virtually unnoticed by Dr. Hyles. Bro. Colsten immediately followed at the podium, and his first words were, "Don't have a cow man" and the place erupted much to the confusion of Dr. Hyles.  The guy knew exactly what was going on...