The Hacker Dictionary Word of the Day!

RAIDER said:
Word of the Day - April 14, 2014

Come on!

...inevitably followed by the word, 'preacher', thus signifying that said preacher should ignore the fact you had been sleeping for the last ten minutes and should instead see your great hunger and thirst for righteousness.

RAIDER said:

Come on!

Words yelled out from the crowd during preaching.  They must be yelled in a high-pitched shrieky voice to have full effect.  It is another way of telling the preacher to keep preaching on the same topic.

RAIDER said:

Come on!

Phrase made popular by Stan Harris, who invariably sat on the front row of church to make the most impact yelling that phrase.  He has now taken that same enthusiasm and his HAC "doctorate" to build a nice business for himself.

http://www.drbreakthrough.com/index.php?id=home

IFB X-Files said:
RAIDER said:

Come on!

Phrase made popular by Stan Harris, who invariably sat on the front row of church to make the most impact yelling that phrase.  He has now taken that same enthusiasm and his HAC "doctorate" to build a nice business for himself.

Not to be confused with Mark Golden's "Keemon", BTW.

Anishinaabe

prophet said:
IFB X-Files said:
RAIDER said:

Come on!

Not to be confused with Mark Golden's "Keemon", BTW.

Anishinaabe

Oh, yes, those who are seasoned in the art could shorten "Come on" to "Keemon".

Word of the Day - April 15, 2014

HBer

RAIDER said:

HBer

I resemble that remark!

(Psst...you forgot the prefix "stinkin'"...)

Smellin Coffee said:
RAIDER said:

HBer

I resemble that remark!

Don't worry.  It will be a part of my definition.  :)

Smellin Coffee said:
RAIDER said:

HBer

I resemble that remark!

A name give to the elementary or high school student who gets a gun pointed at him by a HAC security guard because he was walking on the grass against school rules.

RAIDER said:

HBer

A student that attends Hammond Baptist Schools.  Their world was turned upside down when HAC opened it's doors and they were invaded by college students.  They became known as "HBers".  Because of the cocky attitude of some, they are often referred to as "stinkin' HBers".

RAIDER said:

HBer
A child who shows up every fall to church, to see who his new set of 2,000 plus parents will be.

Anishinaabe

prophet said:
RAIDER said:

HBer
A child who shows up every fall to church, to see who his new set of 2,000 plus parents will be.

Anishinaabe

Nice!

RAIDER said:

HBer

The kids who wouldn't understand why grown women would call their pastor "Boopsie Woopsie"...

Tom Brennan said:
RAIDER said:

HBer

synonym for 'punk'
I came to HAC from Washington State, having been out of church for several years, and then going to the Reclamation Ranch, before returning.

I was shocked at the animosity towards the HBers.

I was just as shocked when people that I knew for 4 years, said: I never knew you were from here.

I realized later, that that should've been received as a compliment.

Anishinaabe

RAIDER said:

HBer

The "guinea pigs"  used by college students experimenting with the idea of becoming teachers. 

Word of the Day - April 16, 2014

City Baptist

RAIDER said:
Word of the Day - April 16, 2014

City Baptist

A school for Chicago bus kids started by FBCH.  The school was located in Hammond.  Dr. Hyles use to say in jest, "The Hammond Baptist basketball team is known as the Swordsmen.  We call the City Baptist basketball team the Switchbladers".