The Hacker Dictionary Word of the Day!

prophet said:
RAIDER said:
Word of the Day - April 9, 2014

Buckets & Bows
A good place for the guys who faithfully stayed in the dorms all summer, instead of abandoning their bus kids, to finally get a date. 
These girls, who cleaned the entire campus's common areas, reported to HAC 2 weeks before the rest of the students.

You could observe your future wife' s "character", or stalk your fantasy queen, cuz here they were working right in front of you.

Anishinaabe

Nicely done!  :)

RAIDER said:
prophet said:
RAIDER said:

Buckets & Bows
A good place for the guys who faithfully stayed in the dorms all summer, instead of abandoning their bus kids, to finally get a date. 
These girls, who cleaned the entire campus's common areas, reported to HAC 2 weeks before the rest of the students.

You could observe your future wife' s "character", or stalk your fantasy queen, cuz here they were working right in front of you.

Anishinaabe

I was testifying.

Anishinaabe

prophet said:
RAIDER said:
prophet said:
RAIDER said:

Buckets & Bows

Anishinaabe

I was testifying.

Anishinaabe

I felt the spirit.

RAIDER said:
prophet said:
RAIDER said:
prophet said:
RAIDER said:

Buckets & Bows

Anishinaabe

I was testifying.

Anishinaabe

I felt the spirit.
Acha-choo, acha-choo,...you got soul, baby!

Anishinaabe

prophet said:
RAIDER said:

Buckets & Bows

Anishinaabe

In the years I was there and on work scholarship, all WS girls returned early and cleaned campus.  I never worked Buckets and Bows, but I have cleaned every window in the south hallway - both upstairs and down, inside and out. I have vacuumed chapel pews.  I cleaned nearly every classroom that was on campus at that time.  I have even vacuumed putt-putt greens. 

No one I dated ever saw me cleaning during these times - and yes, I was wearing hose because no proper WS student would scrub baseboards or wash windows without wearing hose. 

Bro. Hyles did stop to talk to me once as he was headed back to his car after visiting his mother in the college infirmary.  All the other young ladies in our cleaning crew stopped to Oh and Ah and sing, "We Love You, Brother Hyles", while I remained on the step ladder cleaning the high windows of the south hallway.  He greeted the others and then stopped by the ladder to shake hands with the worker who kept working diligently. (Perhaps he was impressed that I was unimpressed.  I just wanted to get the dang job done.) 

After classes started, I reported to my office WS job. 

Word of the Day - April 9. 2014

Shakey's Ministry

RAIDER said:

Shakey's Ministry

Shakey's Pizza was located on Indianapolis Blvd on the route between HAC and FBCH.  Shakey's served a fantastic buffet complete with pizza, fried chicken, fried clams, potato wedges, salad, and much more!  After eating dining hall food, it was a Hacker's best friend.  On one occasion a Shakey's employee said (as the Hackers lined up at the buffet), "Don't they feed you guys anything at that college?"  My answer......, "No, Shakeys is the single reason for our survival".

Shakeys had 2 or 3 TVs (one which was very large) that played sports most of the time.  On Monday evening it was the Hacker hotspot for Monday Night Football. 

For male college students who were not involved in a ministry after church, it was the place to go for Sunday lunch.  The roads became a raceway to see who could get there first.  Leaving church before the invitation ended was a fine art.  Knowing which roads to take to minimize time was a science.  Because our attendance increased we began to call it the Shakey's Ministry.

Funny side story - Somehow Dr. Hyles heard about "The Shakey's Ministry".  One of the college students was called in and questioned.  Dr. Hyles just shook his head.  :)   

RAIDER said:

Shakey's Ministry
Code for trying to get a few minutes of rest.

Anishinaabe

Word of the Day - April 10, 2014

Baptist City

BAPTIST CITY

A place of retreat from the grind of Main Campus. Where you got to be neighbors with the Carpenters. You got to smell the fresh air. The whole aura of the place was not as regulated! A place to call home. Hence, after more than 25 years, I'm still Holding Out!

RAIDER said:

Baptist City

The place that struck jealousy in my heart as I looked at all the wonderful things the youth of FBCH had that I didn't growing up.

Baptist City Holdout said:
BAPTIST CITY

A place of retreat from the grind of Main Campus. Where you got to be neighbors with the Carpenters. You got to smell the fresh air. The whole aura of the place was not as regulated! A place to call home. Hence, after more than 25 years, I'm still Holding Out!

You've brought a tear to my eye and a lump to my throat!

The place we drove to from North Hammond every week day for 11 years

Anishinaabe

RAIDER said:

Baptist City
A whole City, just for Baptists!  A regular Utopia.  Originally it was going to house the College, and the schools.  It would hold a veritable cornucopia of educational options for every Baptist from 4 years old to Master's degree.

It had a pool, gymnasium, library, science lab, cafeteria, soccer fields, football fields baseball diamonds, and eventually, a second hymn complete with a wrestling practice area upstairs.

It was the reason for the White Flight to South Lake County, rather than racism.  Although the Meadows had become the Ghettos.

Anishinaabe

prophet said:
RAIDER said:

Baptist City
A whole City, just for Baptists!  A regular Utopia.  Originally it was going to house the College, and the schools.  It would hold a veritable cornucopia of educational options for every Baptist from 4 years old to Master's degree.

It had a pool, gymnasium, library, science lab, cafeteria, soccer fields, football fields baseball diamonds, and eventually, a second hymn complete with a wrestling practice area upstairs.

It was the reason for the White Flight to South Lake County, rather than racism.  Although the Meadows had become the Ghettos.

Anishinaabe
You know you're a HACker when your spell checker makes "gym" into "hymn".

Anishinaabe

prophet said:
prophet said:
RAIDER said:

Baptist City

Anishinaabe
You know you're a HACker when your spell checker makes "gym" into "hymn".

Anishinaabe

Praisalujah!!!

Word of the Day - April 11, 2014

Roman's Road

RAIDER said:
Word of the Day - April 11, 2014

Roman's Road
The entrance into Baptist City, and Eternal life.

Anishinaabe