The Hacker Dictionary Word of the Day!

16KJV11 said:
Deadbeat (adj): Anyone who would visit less than 12 hours on a Saturday.
Deadbeat (adj): Any male who would eat at the cafeteria salad bar on Saturday.
Deadbeat (adj): Any male who wouldn't sacrifice half his paycheck to pay City Baptist Bills.

You stinkin' Hacker......calling a noun an adjective!!!!!

RAIDER said:
Baptist City Holdout said:
RALPH!!!!!!!!

Originally used to call attention to a student named Ralph in the early to mid 80's.
It gradually became used as a non sensical word whne AAAAAYMEN and BURN EM wasn't appropriate.

BCH, you have turned into a stinkin' (I love that word) rebel!  Read the OP.  Your word of the day is uninspired.
Those who read... should!

RAIDER said:
RALPH!!!!!!!!

Originally used to call attention to a student named Ralph in the early to mid 80's.
It gradually became used as a non sensical word whne AAAAAYMEN and BURN EM wasn't appropriate.

BCH, you have turned into a stinkin' (I love that word) rebel!  Read the OP.  Your word of the day is uninspired.

"In 5 years you will be the same person you are today except for the Hackers you meet and the posts that you read."  :)

RAIDER said:
Tom Brennan said:
If Raider will allow, I will humbly nominate the word of the day for 3/28/14:

deadbeat

Word of the day - March 28, 2014

Deadbeat

A male student who always gets told "NO" when asking a good Hackerette in the bus ministry for a date.  Also, "who not to date". 

patriotic said:
RAIDER said:
Tom Brennan said:

deadbeat

Deadbeat

A male student who always gets told "NO" when asking a good Hackerette in the bus ministry for a date.  Also, "who not to date".

You always go back to the CF advice, don't you?  :)

RAIDER said:
patriotic said:
RAIDER said:
Tom Brennan said:

deadbeat

Deadbeat

I dated several "deadbeats" according to that definition, and  I will have been married to one for 27 years in June. 

patriotic said:
RAIDER said:
patriotic said:
RAIDER said:
Tom Brennan said:

deadbeat

Deadbeat

I dated several "deadbeats" according to that definition, and  I will have been married to one for 27 years in June.
Oooooooooh.....does your hubby know what you just called him?
You are my hero, O great Hackerette Patriotic.
You are the Queen of YMBAHI...
You call your OWN husband a deadbeat!
I humbly bow in your presence!  8)

RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:
RALPH!!!!!!!!

"In 5 years you will be the same person you are today except for the Hackers you meet and the posts that you read."  :)

It has been six years since i found the first HACker Threads, and that's who I am

16KJV11 said:
patriotic said:
RAIDER said:
patriotic said:
RAIDER said:
Tom Brennan said:

deadbeat

Deadbeat

Oooooooooh.....does your hubby know what you just called him?
You are my hero, O great Hackerette Patriotic.
You are the Queen of YMBAHI...
You call your OWN husband a deadbeat!
I humbly bow in your presence!  8)

Of course he knows. 

Then, again, I was known to have stated - on more than one occasion - that a male student who stood up to the pressure of late visiting or night bus riding was more of a man in my book than those who stayed out late (as though they spent ALL that time visiting anyway - HA!) or rode the night bus and slept through classes, over-absented, or failed due to not going to school while they were going to school! 

Word of the day - March 31, 2014

Night Bus

RAIDER said:

Night Bus

There are actually two meanings to this word:

1)  The bus that would leave FBCH after the Sunday night service to take teen bus riders back to Chicago.  Each bus division had their own night bus.  HAC students who rode the night bus would return to the dorm sometime between 1:00am - 2:00am on Monday.  Lady HAC students were not allowed to ride the night bus.  On the return trip from Chicago to the bus barn was Hacker night bus preaching.  This was a time for a true Hacker to scream and yell while pounding on the ceiling of the bus.

2)  A poster on the "old FFF".  He was quite a character.  Most believe him to be a "sock puppet".  He defended all things HAC/FBCH.  Toward the end he showed anger toward Schaap.  He was actually quite funny.  It's too bad that he did not disclose his identity.  He loved to end his posts with the words "Carry on!"

RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:

Night Bus

1)  The bus that would leave FBCH after the Sunday night service to take teen bus riders back to Chicago.  Each bus division had their own night bus.  HAC students who rode the night bus would return to the dorm sometime between 1:00am - 2:00am on Monday.  Lady HAC students were not allowed to ride the night bus.  On the return trip from Chicago to the bus barn was Hacker night bus preaching.  This was a time for a true Hacker to scream and yell while pounding on the ceiling of the bus.

2)  A poster on the "old FFF".  He was quite a character.  Most believe him to be a "sock puppet".  He defended all things HAC/FBCH.  Toward the end he showed anger toward Schaap.  He was actually quite funny.  It's too bad that he did not disclose his identity.  He loved to end his posts with the words "Carry on!"

Yes, I kind of  miss night bus!

BALAAM said:
RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:

Night Bus

Which one?  :)

RAIDER said:
BALAAM said:
RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:

Night Bus

Which one?  :)

The annoying guy named Nightbus.

RAIDER said:

Night Bus

A secret organization which ostracized single female students. 

RAIDER said:

Night Bus

Where the plebes of the West Point of Fundamentalism were molded in the gentle arts of preaching, such as hermeneutics, original languages, homiletics, exposition, exegesis...    Oh, sorry, wait a minute, wrong paragraph...  ...were molded in the passionate pursuit of preaching the devil out of people. Hitting the bus roof with your fist was required.

Tom Brennan said:
Where the plebes of the West Point of Fundamentalism were molded in the gentle arts of preaching, such as hermeneutics, original languages, homiletics, exposition, exegesis...    Oh, sorry, wait a minute, wrong paragraph...  ...were molded in the passionate pursuit of preaching the devil out of people. Hitting the bus roof with your fist was required.

Yes!!!  :)

Word of the Day - April 1, 2014

Youth Ministry

RAIDER said:

Youth Ministry

A ministry reserved for deadbeats and preppies.  A ministry created to give bus workers something to criticize. 

RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:

Youth Ministry

A ministry reserved for deadbeats and preppies.  A ministry created to give bus workers something to criticize.
A minstry for the HB Rebs to hang around with their cronies in Hammond  and play basketball , while the real Men of God drove to Pleasant Prarie Wisconsin, or South Bend.

Anishinaabe