The Hacker Thread about Absolutely Nothing Particular!

BALAAM said:
Teri in NC said:
BALAAM said:
So; we had a young hacker on here a few years ago that kind of got chased off. All kinds of problems and complaints etc. along with some emotional baggage. I have kept in touch on facebook because I like the guy but always felt a little sorry for him. He still has constant complaints, constant bad luck, no job, no money, living in a car sometimes, always needing a ride, can't get a job, etc. etc. A few times he had a job it was Starbucks or McDonalds  but never lasted.

I offered this guy a job where he could get started in construction trades and start at double what he would make slinging coffee and hamburgers. I explained that it was Indiana but if he was always between apartments and housing arrangements what difference would it make. I was kind of hesitant but I needn't have worried. Not interested.

Who chased him off?

He left of his own accord but it was because he was being questioned a lot about some of the things he said.
Balaam, to quote Jason Bourne, "You need to get some sleep."

fishinnut said:
BALAAM said:
Teri in NC said:
BALAAM said:
So; we had a young hacker on here a few years ago that kind of got chased off. All kinds of problems and complaints etc. along with some emotional baggage. I have kept in touch on facebook because I like the guy but always felt a little sorry for him. He still has constant complaints, constant bad luck, no job, no money, living in a car sometimes, always needing a ride, can't get a job, etc. etc. A few times he had a job it was Starbucks or McDonalds  but never lasted.

I offered this guy a job where he could get started in construction trades and start at double what he would make slinging coffee and hamburgers. I explained that it was Indiana but if he was always between apartments and housing arrangements what difference would it make. I was kind of hesitant but I needn't have worried. Not interested.

Who chased him off?

He left of his own accord but it was because he was being questioned a lot about some of the things he said.

Do you mean because I posted this at 3:30 AM? I am an early riser!

BALAAM said:
fishinnut said:
BALAAM said:
Teri in NC said:
BALAAM said:

Who chased him off?

Do you mean because I posted this at 3:30 AM? I am an early riser!
My coffee maker have a heart attack if I started it up at that time.

BALAAM said:
Teri in NC said:
BALAAM said:

Who chased him off?

By the way; This was Rice Holdout just so you know.

BALAAM said:
BALAAM said:
Teri in NC said:
BALAAM said:

Who chased him off?

I was going to ask who it was. I thought it might have been Beareanshock and awe. Remember him?

16KJV11 said:
BALAAM said:
BALAAM said:
Teri in NC said:
BALAAM said:

Who chased him off?

I was going to ask who it was. I thought it might have been Beareanshock and awe. Remember him?

I remember Berean!

So, I get in my truck the other day and am going through radio stations. I turn to 90.5 (the key FBCH) and all of a sudden I hear Chris Fabry (he is on Moody radio) and he is announcing the program and low and behold the preacher is Adrian Rogers. I thought that somehow my radio switched by itself to Moody. Moody radio is 90.1 and the key is 90.5. Nope. He is on every day.

Now, he is an excellent preacher and I have listened a few times and I have nothing at all against it. But, didn't they have a protracted 15 year legal battle with Moody over this radio station? BG would know better than me.  Weren't they adamantly opposed to one another? Weren't we taught that Southern Baptists and Mormons were equally as bad?

It is interesting to note that sometimes when reading or explaining a verse Adrian Rogers will say, "This translation puts it like this. Another one says this etc." Yet somehow, if you leave fbc and go to a non-denominational church you are on the slippery slope to perdition.

BALAAM said:
So, I get in my truck the other day and am going through radio stations. I turn to 90.5 (the key FBCH) and all of a sudden I hear Chris Fabry (he is on Moody radio) and he is announcing the program and low and behold the preacher is Adrian Rogers. I thought that somehow my radio switched by itself to Moody. Moody radio is 90.1 and the key is 90.5. Nope. He is on every day.

Now, he is an excellent preacher and I have listened a few times and I have nothing at all against it. But, didn't they have a protracted 15 year legal battle with Moody over this radio station? BG would know better than me.  Weren't they adamantly opposed to one another? Weren't we taught that Southern Baptists and Mormons were equally as bad?

It is interesting to note that sometimes when reading or explaining a verse Adrian Rogers will say, "This translation puts it like this. Another one says this etc." Yet somehow, if you leave fbc and go to a non-denominational church you are on the slippery slope to perdition.
Are you really upset/bothered about this stuff or are you just saying this to make a point?
I like Adrian Rogers even though I may not agree with everything he says.
I even have some books by...shhhhh...John MacArthur.... say it aint so! ???
I listen to who I want, read who I want...
I am INDEPENDANT!  8)

This week I heard about another IFB Christian school that will close it's door & sell the property at the end of the school year.

I preached there years ago when they ran over 500 students.

fishinnut said:
This week I heard about another IFB Christian school that will close it's door & sell the property at the end of the school year.

I preached there years ago when they ran over 500 students.

What school?

16KJV11 said:
BALAAM said:

Are you really upset/bothered about this stuff or are you just saying this to make a point?
I am INDEPENDANT!  8)

No, I am not upset at all. I think Rogers is a great preacher and teacher. I would to be able to hear John Mac on a program and I really like Erwin Lutzer from Moody. To me it is a matter of why. I never understood why somebody will go to a town and start a baptist church when there are already a million baptist churches in town. I don't really understand why the need and expense of christian radio and tv when we already have tons of other ones. I heard that something like 80% of all christian monies are spent inside the US. Don't know where the figure came from but I always wonder whether or not the money we give is for truly Christian endeavors or just entertainment.

BALAAM said:
16KJV11 said:
BALAAM said:

I am INDEPENDANT!  8)

No, I am not upset at all. I think Rogers is a great preacher and teacher. I would to be able to hear John Mac on a program and I really like Erwin Lutzer from Moody. To me it is a matter of why. I never understood why somebody will go to a town and start a baptist church when there are already a million baptist churches in town. I don't really understand why the need and expense of christian radio and tv when we already have tons of other ones. I heard that something like 80% of all christian monies are spent inside the US. Don't know where the figure came from but I always wonder whether or not the money we give is for truly Christian endeavors or just entertainment.

But, since this is the thread about nothing inparticular and since you are a pastor, here are a couple of things that people in your congregation are thinking.

The key FM is also advertising the upcoming National day of Prayer on the square in Crown Point, IN. I do not know if they are participating but this is not an exclusively ifb gathering and after years of being in ifb churches, in your head there is just a great big ??? (maybe several) And I have nothing against this either but you wonder.

Why can an ifb pastor have special music in his church that was written in the past several years and then turn around and criticize contemporary music? I don't personally like the entire genre of contemporary but there are some very spiritual and beautiful songs by some of those musicians and I can't for the life of me, figure out what is and what is not contemporary. 'In Christ Alone" by the Getty's, I will boast only in the Cross,  I will rise, etc.  How long do they have to be out there before they are not contemporary?

Why do so many preachers in their one-liner twitter feeds and their little devotionals decry and lambast Calvinists and Calvinism and then openly quote and tell you to learn from the great leaders of the past who were openly Calvinists and called themselves Calvinists? I am not qualified for a debate on this topic but whenever I have asked people what they mean by Calvinst I never really get a straight answer. It is like if you believe all 5 points you are Calvinist. The next one says if you agree with even one point you are a Calvinist. Edwards, Whitfield, Spurgeon were all Calvinists. David Otis Fuller wrote several books years ago on the KJV and I heard him say he was a Calvinist but he was a scriptural Calvinists.

Inquiring minds need to know!

For those of you who do not keep up with hac goings on:

They are having an alumni banquet at the former Northland Baptist Bible college campus in Dunbar, WI. When Northland shut down this property was sold to a group who use it for retreats and meetings, etc. Now, when you think of the boondocks, this is it! In the middle of thousands of acres of woods and the nearest towns are very small. I grew up in that direction and was never aware of any hac students or former ones in that area. I knew of one guy who pastored up there for a couple of years but he is gone so I don't know how the attendance will be.

BALAAM said:

They are having an alumni banquet at the former Northland Baptist Bible college campus in Dunbar, WI. When Northland shut down this property was sold to a group who use it for retreats and meetings, etc. Now, when you think of the boondocks, this is it! In the middle of thousands of acres of woods and the nearest towns are very small. I grew up in that direction and was never aware of any hac students or former ones in that area. I knew of one guy who pastored up there for a couple of years but he is gone so I don't know how the attendance will be.

What alumni?

BALAAM said:

What not @ H yles-Duckles camp?

Looks to me like the HAC posters are keeping the FFF somewhat alive.

Could it be that Trump winning & becoming the POTUS has taken away their talking points?