The Hacker Thread about Absolutely Nothing Particular!

It is always nice to go somewhere and have someone you never met strike up a conversation and start witnessing to you! About two years ago, I had a lady who was a Presbyterian do this as I was doing some work in her house. Had a guy I was sitting next to at a July 4th parade a couple of years ago do the same thing. On Friday night I was at a nursing home up north visiting my dad and a young guy was walking around looking for his grandfather.  I was talking to him and he just said, "I don't want to be pushy but I am a christian and took off......... Turns out he attends a little Baptist church not far from where I grew up and works at a plant where my wife worked many years ago before we were married.

Baptist City Holdout said:
You just never know if checking in on this thread will be worth it or not. However, if it leads to a new post, that's what it's all about.

I love it when you get into the "deeper life" thought pattern!

Just looking through some twitter feeds and I guess I never realized before how wicked Good Friday was and anyone who observes Good Friday is playing with tools from the devils toolbox. (I know most of you don't believe this either but...)

BALAAM said:
Just looking through some twitter feeds and I guess I never realized before how wicked Good Friday was and anyone who observes Good Friday is playing with tools from the devils toolbox. (I know most of you don't believe this either but...)

It wasn't a good Friday, it was a bad Wednesday!!! 

After years and years posting all of my pet peeves, do you mind another one?

I detest, I destest, I detest, with a passion with all of the crime and lawlessness of this area (NW Indiana, Gary, Hammond, East Chicago) murders, drugs, shooting etc. I detest that the US government will give grants to local police departments for the sole purpose of ticketing seat belt violators! You can come over the top of a hill and there will be a dozen cops whose sole purpose is to see if you are wearing a seat belt or not! Batman never had it so good!!

BALAAM said:
After years and years posting all of my pet peeves, do you mind another one?

I detest, I destest, I detest, with a passion with all of the crime and lawlessness of this area (NW Indiana, Gary, Hammond, East Chicago) murders, drugs, shooting etc. I detest that the US government will give grants to local police departments for the sole purpose of ticketing seat belt violators! You can come over the top of a hill and there will be a dozen cops whose sole purpose is to see if you are wearing a seat belt or not! Batman never had it so good!!

Carry on!

After hearing pastor's incensed over skinny jeans, I just realized that at 59 all of my jeans are skinny jeans! They didn't start out that way. Sackcloth and ashes for me.

Can you believe the Celtics beat the Cavs on the Cavs home floor??

fishinnut said:
Driving in the big city that I live near is fast becoming like driving in a 3rd world country.

Mayberry?

Why do you suppose it is that men grow beards and even after you get too old to care for yourself you still need to be shaved, yet many of us can't grow it on top of our heads?

I really have some question about this tv show 'naked and afraid'. I mean, how afraid are they?

BALAAM said:
I really have some question about this tv show 'naked and afraid'. I mean, how afraid are they?

I can think of several on here that if seen naked, I would run away screaming like a girl.

If a church has a Christian camp & a website for it.......but they haven't  updated photos since 2014.....someone is slacking.

Just saying.

There are some things I absolutely can't get used to. One of them is an ifb preacher on the platform with his phone on twitter sending tweets about old-fashioned singing, and old fashioned music, and old-fashioned preaching, and old-fashioned church. Is there some irony here?

BALAAM said:
There are some things I absolutely can't get used to. One of them is an ifb preacher on the platform with his phone on twitter sending tweets about old-fashioned singing, and old fashioned music, and old-fashioned preaching, and old-fashioned church. Is there some irony here?
That with his old-fashioned twitter............... ;D