The Hacker Thread about Absolutely Nothing Particular!

RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
Tonight on the Sunday night NFL preseason game & 1 of the San Fran-sissy's took a knee for the National anthem & I turned to TV off for the night.

I am an NFL fan (look at my name!), but I agree with you.  The NFL has more brainless thugs and jerks than all other professional sports combined.

Amen.

Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
Tonight on the Sunday night NFL preseason game & 1 of the San Fran-sissy's took a knee for the National anthem & I turned to TV off for the night.

I am an NFL fan (look at my name!), but I agree with you.  The NFL has more brainless thugs and jerks than all other professional sports combined.

Amen.
Well it's opening night of the NFL season.........some clown who has become fabulously wealthy as compensation for playing a game on a football field  rather than having to work a regular like most of us & which provides some entertainment to others decides he's going to sit out the time to rise for the US anthem.................I turned it off.  Disgusted!

The NFL should drop-kick every last one of the protesters over the stadium walls for good or during the game they protest.....make them sell pop-corn & soda-pop in the stands.

fishinnut said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:

Amen.
Well it's opening night of the NFL season.........some clown who has become fabulously wealthy as compensation for playing a game on a football field  rather than having to work a regular like most of us & which provides some entertainment to others decides he's going to sit out the time to rise for the US anthem.................I turned it off.  Disgusted!

The NFL should drop-kick every last one of the protesters over the stadium walls for good or during the game they protest.....make them sell pop-corn & soda-pop in the stands.

I'm with you on this one!

RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:

Amen.

Or pick up the popcorn and soda cans after the game.....or clean the parking lot tailgating party trash....or clean the porta-potties or bathrooms.  ANYTHING but play the game.

Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:

Amen.

Or pick up the popcorn and soda cans after the game.....or clean the parking lot tailgating party trash....or clean the porta-potties or bathrooms.  ANYTHING but play the game.
Like that too.

Matthew 7:7a Ask, and it shall be given unto you...

A couple of months ago I scoped out this kayak at a sporting good store but thinking & praying about it, I just didn't see it in the budget. So I asked the Lord to supply the desire of my heart for fishing. This week a gentleman who is a customer of mine & who lives on the Chattahoochee River north of Atlanta invited me to fish at his place after an installation. So, I took my fishing gear & he showed me his new kayak. Then he told me I could use it anytime I wanted there on the river to do all the fishing I wanted, anytime I wanted.

So, God answered my prayer in His way. Ain't God good?

fishinnut said:

A couple of months ago I scoped out this kayak at a sporting good store but thinking & praying about it, I just didn't see it in the budget. So I asked the Lord to supply the desire of my heart for fishing. This week a gentleman who is a customer of mine & who lives on the Chattahoochee River north of Atlanta invited me to fish at his place after an installation. So, I took my fishing gear & he showed me his new kayak. Then he told me I could use it anytime I wanted there on the river to do all the fishing I wanted, anytime I wanted.

That's awesome!!

I noticed twice today that the NFL games are no longer showing the National Anthem are part of the TV broadcast.....

Has anyone else noticed?

fishinnut said:
I noticed twice today that the NFL games are no longer showing the National Anthem are part of the TV broadcast.....

Has anyone else noticed?

I believe it's been that way for a few years.

Twisted said:
fishinnut said:

Has anyone else noticed?

They showed it during preseason games this year.

fishinnut said:
Twisted said:
fishinnut said:

Has anyone else noticed?

Sorry.  I thought you meant regular season games.

Personally, I don't know why they even play the NA at sports games.

Twisted said:
fishinnut said:
Twisted said:
fishinnut said:

Has anyone else noticed?

I did mean the regular season & the preseason.

I kinda think that the networks have cut it out to keep the fans watching & to minimize the ignorant players from protesting.

fishinnut said:
Twisted said:
fishinnut said:
Twisted said:
fishinnut said:

Has anyone else noticed?

I did mean the regular season & the preseason.

I kinda think that the networks have cut it out to keep the fans watching & to minimize the ignorant players from protesting.

Yeah, I think you're right.

fishinnut said:

Has anyone else noticed?

I did notice that they showed the players on the opening game - Patriots and Chiefs.  There was actually a tribute mixed in for a special group if I remember correctly.  While they did not show anyone sitting or kneeling, there were a multitude of players that did not place their hands over their heart.  Burns me every time!

fishinnut said:

I finally understand that song now!

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

When I was the pastor of a country church in a farming community, I found that the best time to visit the men was during milking of the cows.  I knew where they would always be. Besides they would have someone to talk to other than the cows.

One time I took my my son with when he was about 5 yrs old, he liked to climb up in the haylofts & play. The farmer while milking looked over at me & asked if my son had something against cats. When I asked why he had me look through a door to the outside. Kittens were flying & landing  on the ground. I yelled asking my son what was going on. His answer was, "I DON'T LIKE CATS DADDY." I taught him well.

My wife insisted that I spray off my boots and put my clothes straight into the washer before entering the house

Among many other duties I was a bus pastor in a country church and invited Roy Moffitt to come and speak to my bus workers on a Saturday for our bus workers meeting. After the meeting the two of us with the bus Captain went to visit his bus route . Roy said he wanted to show the bus worker how to visit at every house by jumping out of the vehicle and running up to the door. I pulled into the driveway of one place and Roy jumped out of the vehicle and began running up to the door. From under a tree off to one side came an angry Great Dane. Roy immediately turned into a different totally guy. He became a boxer retreating into a corner while throwing punches at the giant dog all the way across the front lawn.

I really don't know how the dog missed biting him or how he missed the dog's nose with his punches but neither connected. One thing is for sure I sure had a big laugh.

After the comments from Commissioner Goodell about what Mr Trump said about firing players who sat during the National Anthem I have decided no more NFL for me this year at all. And that's from someone who watched Dick Butkus at Soldier Field when he play for my Chicago Bears. Some would call that a longtime NFL fan, but no longer.

fishinnut said:
After the comments from Commissioner Goodell about what Mr Trump said about firing players who sat during the National Anthem I have decided no more NFL for me this year at all. And that's from someone who watched Dick Butkus at Soldier Field when he play for my Chicago Bears. Some would call that a longtime NFL fan, but no longer.
I boycotted the NFL last year and I really didn't want to have to do it again this year, but it looks like that is what is going to happen.