The Hacker Thread about Absolutely Nothing Particular!

As a parent of grown kids in their mid 30's & above.............it is a thrill:

to see them still living all out for Jesus.

to see them do well in their life endeavors.

fishinnut said:

I take it they are all in IFB churches like FBCH.  ;)

RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:

I take it they are all in IFB churches like FBCH.  ;)
A Rider....................fail.

We've had about 5 hours of snow today in GA.......with about 4 inches of it on the deck banister.

For all you Yankees up north this may seem like a minor weather report but Atlanta, at least on the western side where I live has been slammed with a giant snowstorm. The snow started on Friday in the morning with big fluffy wet snowflakes, by 4 in the afternoon there was 6 inches on top of my vehicles. My pine trees had branches almost touching the ground and bending giant branches like I've never seen before. I went out with an extension pole & I have and knocked much of the snow off the lower branches to save them but the trees are probably 70 or 80 ft tall.  Four upper branches fell off during the night because of the weight of the snow, only 1 landing softly on the house.  You could stand outside & hear tree branches snapping because of the weight of the snow.

Our power was off for over 18 hours & through the night. When we woke in the morning there was another 4-5 inches of snow.  The night before the local weatherman said there would be less than 1 inch of snow.

Atlanta has never seen this type of snow. There is no snow plowing on any of the roads other than interstates so it will take days for the roads to clear.  The temps will only get to 42 during the next couple of days. I have a rather steep driveway & no snow shovel.

I am thankful that I can afford to have down time like this with little to worry about but cold & falling tree branches.

fishinnut said:
For all you Yankees up north this may seem like a minor weather report but Atlanta, at least on the western side where I live has been slammed with a giant snowstorm. The snow started on Friday in the morning with big fluffy wet snowflakes, by 4 in the afternoon there was 6 inches on top of my vehicles. My pine trees had branches almost touching the ground and bending giant branches like I've never seen before. I went out with an extension pole & I have and knocked much of the snow off the lower branches to save them but the trees are probably 70 or 80 ft tall. One branch fell off during the night because of the weight of the snow.  You could stand outside & hear tree branches snapping because of the weight of the snow.

Our power was off for over 18 hours & through the night. When we woke in the morning there was another 4-5 inches of snow.  The night before the local weatherman said there would be less than 1 inch of snow.

Atlanta has never seen this type of snow. There is no snow plowing on any of the roads other than interstates so it will take days for the roads to clear.  The temps will only get to 42 during the next couple of days. I have a rather steep driveway & no snow shovel.

I am thankful that I can afford to have down time like this with little to worry about but cold & falling tree branches.
We've seen nary a flake up here in the rust belt.  Maybe all those snow birds will flee even more south!

We have our usual 4" a day here in Michigan's beautiful UP

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

fishinnut said:
I have not seen a post by bgwilkerson in a while.

Does anyone know if he is doing OK?

This is true. He has not updated the FBGH thread for a few weeks.

fishinnut said:
Tomorrow will mark 44 years of marriage for the me & the love of my life.

Yourself?

fishinnut said:
Many congratulations to you and your beloved!
Any special plans?  One of these days, you and the misses should travel up here for a getaway.

16KJV11 said:
fishinnut said:
Many congratulations to you and your beloved!
Any special plans?  One of these days, you and the misses should travel up here for a getaway.
To beat the crazy ATL Christmas Friday night rush we went out last night to find her a special piece of jewelry (https://www.jamesavery.com/) then enjoyed a fabulous steak & a very nice dinner.
http://jalexandersholdings.com/StoneyRiver.
Of course I found her flowers & also had some of these delivered https://www.fanniemay.com/mint-meltaways-platinum-wra-1lb-/.
It has always be a challenge to make an anniversary so close to Christmas special.

Atlanta highway traffic is crazy most of the time. But this morning a woman was standing in the middle of a lane where four lanes of traffic on I-20 are jammed with vehicles going down a hill. She was dancing or waving at the cars in the middle of one of the lanes, locking down the traffic. It was 32 degrees and she was out there in a short short-sleeve shirt. Crazy-crazy!

I hope the police were able to help her before somebody hit her.

fishinnut said:
I drive a lot of miles in ATL. Today I saw a license tag had the word "SELFIE" on it.  ::)
We started back to Pittsburgh from the Paducah, KY area on Friday fully intending to make it by Friday night late.  However, when we got about 30 miles outside of Covington, KY, the snow started coming down.  Interesting enough, the KY DOT had salt & plow trucks on the road en-masse and the roads were great.  But once we got into Cincinatti, we saw not ONE salt truck and the roads were herendous.  There were accidents everywhere and the traffic was stopped up.  Finally, the roads got so bad that I had enough, pulled over in a suburb called Mason, got a motel and holed up for the night with my family.  I will never criticize PennDOT again b/c every time there's even a HINT of snow, the salt and plow trucks are waiting to deal with it everywhere.  Stinkin' Ohio DOT was worthless...  :mad:

16KJV11 said:
fishinnut said:
I drive a lot of miles in ATL. Today I saw a license tag had the word "SELFIE" on it.  ::)
We started back to Pittsburgh from the Paducah, KY area on Friday fully intending to make it by Friday night late.  However, when we got about 30 miles outside of Covington, KY, the snow started coming down.  Interesting enough, the KY DOT had salt & plow trucks on the road en-masse and the roads were great.  But once we got into Cincinatti, we saw not ONE salt truck and the roads were herendous.  There were accidents everywhere and the traffic was stopped up.  Finally, the roads got so bad that I had enough, pulled over in a suburb called Mason, got a motel and holed up for the night with my family.  I will never criticize PennDOT again b/c every time there's even a HINT of snow, the salt and plow trucks are waiting to deal with it everywhere.  Stinkin' Ohio DOT was worthless...  :mad:
These poor southerner here in GA (I've spent some 30 years in snow country) cannot comprehend the idea of using salt & plow trucks that operate as you see in PA. ATL will spend big-time bucks renting earth moving tractors to plow the streets but zero on getting advice from northern cities about how they maintain the roads in snow country.

Here only the highways get salt but they mix it with GRAVEL..... :-\ A couple of weeks ago when we were surprised with a foot of snow in 2 days..........it took 3-4 days for the normal roads to clear & only because the temps went above 40 degrees.

Just finished another year of daily Bible reading.

I've been doing this since I took the challenge from John R Rice in 1976.