The Hacker Thread about Absolutely Nothing Particular!

The treasurer of a non-denominational evangelical church was discussing church finances with me. He had set up his church's accounts so that anybody could see their own giving record, but only he and the elders could see anybody else's records.
He brought up Wandabell's pay raise and asked me about that church's financial practices. And he told me that if he were the pastor of that Baptist church, the first thing he would do is fire Wandabelle.

About 14 years passed, and two weeks ago I was talking to a deacon at the Baptist church.
He explained that when the church was founded twenty years ago, the fourteen members were all given authority to sign checks. Three signatures were needed to sign a check.
And three years ago, Wandabell returned to the US, where she died 18 months ago. And only one of the original 14 was still in the church. About $50,000 US was locked in a Texas bank account, and about $40,000 US was locked in a Mexican bank account.

Under Mexican law twenty years ago, a church is actually two organizations. It is a church whose members have freedom of religion. And it is also a corporation, which is solely responsible for all the finances. You can be part of both; i.e. a deacon can also be a corporate officer.
After a diligent search, the Baptist church was able to find one of the founding members (who was authorized to sign checks) in the US. But they still needed a third one. And then the founding member who was still in the church made an announcement: she would sign nothing unless she was put in charge of the corporation.

In summation:

1) PROBABLY, you should have a constitutional statement that the deacons will handle the finances.
2) Do NOT have a constitutional statement that only the treasurer or some other person can sign checks. If an ungodly person gets that post, that person can strangle their way into power.
3) Do not allow a situation in which only one person knows what's going on financially.
4) Firing a corrupt church treasurer can be painful; keeping one can be disastrous.
5) Do not allow the church treasurer to be an elected office. A power-hungry person cannot be fired if you do.

Happy Fourth of July!

God blessed us with 13 kids on the church van today! (One for each state!)

Okay, on the bottom left side of your monitor is a search bar. Type tpm.msc into it. If it tells you that it can't locate your TPM chip, it hasn't been turned on. If it describes your TPM chip, it is turned on.

Don't worry--Windows 10 can't operate the chip anyway, but you'll need it turned on in order to install Windows 11.

On another Christian forum, flaming, scorning, etc., are not permitted.

But one guy will post a false accusation and then leave with a Godly exit.

The OT teaches more than once that when something holy and something unclean touch each other, they both are unclean.

The Windows 11 Preview is off and running on my computer!

1) No big deal
2) No problems

There is a family of con artists here in Chapala who make their living pretending to be missionaries.
When coronavirus began, the wife posted terrified pleas for people not to panic, urged people to call the police on children playing outside, and called for the legal persecution of people who did not hide in their houses. And her entire family got coronavirus anyway.
Today she posted that she had coronavirus in 2020, but got vaccinated recently anyway. Just as the side effects wore off, she got coronavirus again, so she has it right now. She ripped into people who disagreed with her policies, She explained that since she had (has?) it twice and has been vaccinated, she feels safe in labeling herself as an expert.

Praise the Lord for a successful Vacation Bible School with 77 kids on the last day! Good behavior all week, and we had 12 kids in my van today.

I am happy to see that some of my van kids have made friends with regular church kids, and they all get along well. "Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!" Ps. 133:1

Thank you for your prayers--they got answered.

IT'S HERE!

Microsoft has just announced that Windows 11 will be released on October 5, 2021! With a huge waiting list, MS will decide who will go first, and the list will not be complete until the middle of 2022.

It appears that MS intends to release 11 to newer machines in the Windows Insider Program first.

And the bad news--they won't be able to run Android aps, as promised. MS hopes to add that ability later.

The first full versions of Windows 11 have been released (I'm still on the waiting list) and the results are:

1) It works
2) Customers are disappointed at how little it does different than Windows 10

As explained previously, Windows 11 is essentially the Windows 10X upgrade. It re-arranges the furniture and it adds TPM security.

Finally! I now have the full Windows 11 Home Edition, and it works fine!

(No big deal).

FFF admins and support staff....

245780562_10223738495902786_3300817183893912843_n.jpg

Brethren, we need some prayer here. Over a year ago, we left the Assemblies of God church where we had served faithfully for twelve years. Among other problems, the pastor had turned hostile to his Mexican daughter-in-law, who worked in the van and youth ministries, and then turned hostile to me.
We saw her on Saturday. Her American husband is in the US, leaving her and her two children here while he tries to get them permission to immigrate.

She described severe verbal and emotional abuse from his parents. Visitors to the church have also noticed this, and I have seen it myself. However, it has gotten much worse.

My wife and I are both upset, and appreciate prayers.

Scott, can we just change the title of this thread to "The Vincent Massi Thread?" ;)