The influence of the 'new' IFB's.

sword said:
AlvinMartinezVoice said:
Evangelist James York is just a celebrity on the local scene down south but he's a young preacher that didn't compromise to another denomination or the seeker sensitive crowd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdbdQaMYfhE
Praise God for another young man who is sticking to what he was taught and is not afraid to preach it like it is.

Evangelist James York is making his rounds through the Southland and will soon be going to Yankee Territory.

Tarheel Baptist said:
There is a growing number of (mostly) younger IFB pastors and churches that have resisted the influence and traditions of past IFB leaders and are making their own way.
It might just save this movement.

http://www.ideaday.net

Bunch of twinks are saving the movement??? 

Millienielist to the rescue!!! 

Hilarious...

James York, Michael Shaver, and the World Famous Caleb Garraway are some of the young IFB evangelists that are staying true to the old time religion and not compromising.

James York sounds like he would have fit in perfectly at the Vineyard's OBC when they did their North-South as York is a true Southerner and makes Tony Hutson sound like a Yankee which is hard to do.

AlvinMartinezVoice said:
Evangelist James York is just a celebrity on the local scene down south but he's a young preacher that didn't compromise to another denomination or the seeker sensitive crowd.

I may be feeding a troll, but...

I'm glad he didn't compromise, but he needs to learn what Bible preaching is.

Ransom said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
The transition was enigmatic.
The old guard, despite kicking and screaming to hold on, lost influence quickly and almost completely. These younger guys gained influence rapidly...'suddenly'.
At least that's how it appears from my vantage point.

"Millennials" are now approaching their early to mid-30s. There's no mystery why they're gaining influence. They're at the age where they would naturally start to take leadership roles in their churches.

I agree wholeheartedly. And we are WAY better at it than our fathers were. Millennials see people as people. While those passing the torch to us never saw "Worldly" people as anything more than a vice. As the legalistic men before us laid the ground work for separation, we pave the way with inclusion. 

Frag said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
There is a growing number of (mostly) younger IFB pastors and churches that have resisted the influence and traditions of past IFB leaders and are making their own way.
It might just save this movement.

http://www.ideaday.net

Bunch of twinks are saving the movement??? 

Millienielist to the rescue!!! 

Hilarious...

Dude that is quite an insult to your fellow brothers in Christ.

sword said:
AlvinMartinezVoice said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdbdQaMYfhE
Praise God for another young man who is sticking to what he was taught and is not afraid to preach it like it is.

Southern Rebel York is more qualified that false teachers Groeschel/Lentz/Furtick/Perry/Young Jr.

So.....where should we be?

I agree that the "Old Guard" was deeply flawed (legalism, pride, unkindness)
I also see the "New IFB's" as equally flawed (worldliness, superiority, compromise)

I just believe there is a balanced place between the two ideologies that all Christians should be able to agree.

Preaching with boldness but with correct Biblical exegesis.
Inclusion of all without compromising our principals (come as you are but don't leave as you came)
Liberty in musical styles that honor traditions, modernizes with the times, but doesn't saturate itself with carnality.
Not forcing a KJB only position but also acknowledging the  dangerous flaws of many new translations.
Enjoying the life we live in the culture we are a part of but not celebrating it's sins.
Admitting our Nation's past and present transgressions while stilling thanking God for establishing and maintaining the greatest country on Earth.
Traditional and modern worship that is Spirit filled and blessed from on high, not manufactured, focus tested, and reliant on a "top ten list."
Preaching that focuses on "cleaning the inside of the cup" over a "white washed sepulcher."
Focusing on Loving God ("if you love me, keep my commandments") and loving others ("Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.")
Cultivating the "Fruits of the Spirit" and weeding out the "Works of the Flesh."
Not making the Pastor (and staff) the "rulers" of the Church, but not pretending every member is qualified to give Spiritual instructions.

My thoughts, thanks for indulging me :)

cpizzle said:
So.....where should we be?

I agree that the "Old Guard" was deeply flawed (legalism, pride, unkindness)
I also see the "New IFB's" as equally flawed (worldliness, superiority, compromise)

I just believe there is a balanced place between the two ideologies that all Christians should be able to agree.

Preaching with boldness but with correct Biblical exegesis.
Inclusion of all without compromising our principals (come as you are but don't leave as you came)
Liberty in musical styles that honor traditions, modernizes with the times, but doesn't saturate itself with carnality.
Not forcing a KJB only position but also acknowledging the  dangerous flaws of many new translations.
Enjoying the life we live in the culture we are a part of but not celebrating it's sins.
Admitting our Nation's past and present transgressions while stilling thanking God for establishing and maintaining the greatest country on Earth.
Traditional and modern worship that is Spirit filled and blessed from on high, not manufactured, focus tested, and reliant on a "top ten list."
Preaching that focuses on "cleaning the inside of the cup" over a "white washed sepulcher."
Focusing on Loving God ("if you love me, keep my commandments") and loving others ("Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.")
Cultivating the "Fruits of the Spirit" and weeding out the "Works of the Flesh."
Not making the Pastor (and staff) the "rulers" of the Church, but not pretending every member is qualified to give Spiritual instructions.

My thoughts, thanks for indulging me :)

While we certainly don't  share each others's 'standards' or positions, I think your post was reasonable, rational and on point.

I can get on board with this post.

Good stuff, Maynard.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

One of the leaders of the 'new' IFB's on separation.
http://joshteis.com/2017/12/11/six-degrees-of-separation/

Tarheel Baptist said:
One of the leaders of the 'new' IFB's on separation.
http://joshteis.com/2017/12/11/six-degrees-of-separation/

Interesting post, to be sure. The 1960s and 1970s surely was the IFB heyday.  However, the unscriptural emulation and striving caused many places to ignore the last 3rd of the Great Commission, so when the "great leader" died, the churches in general had very little discernment.  Also, the growth attracted men who may have had great leadership qualities, but not necessarily the Scriptural qualities of a pastor.  Because of their strong leadership, they were placed into pastorates, but it was very unfortunate for the churches.  None of the churches he named are what they were, and some are just gone now.

While I believe I agree that the 2nd, 3rd, etc separation isn't Biblical, I don't think that was the cause of the splintering.  It was the means used to justify why we had to have our "own" conference because "their" conference wasn't properly separated. It was the ego, the emulation, the trying to out-do the others instead of humbly trying to glorify God that caused the splintering (much like  the Tower of Babel caused mankind to splinter due to the judgment of God on man's pride).

I loved the point about how so many IFB preachers honor dead men whom they would never associate with if they were living.

Josh Teis nails it! This illustrates why he is a leader among the younger IFB Pastors. And, IMO these men are the future of the IFB 'movement'. As the old saying goes 'the proof of the pudding is in the eating' and the IFB movement has lost it's luster since the heyday in the 60's-70's. Mainly because of the exposure of it's vacuous leadership AND the elevation of preference to the level of doctrine. If the emperor has no clothes, the masses are eventually going to realize it.
Teis and others of his generation have seen the nakedness of their movement and are forging their own path. Godspeed to them.

The response of some/most in the IFB 'old guard' are to declare these young men to be 'Liberals' and insist that the Old Path's be maintained.
Evidently that means 'don't bring drums or screens into the church', keep using door to door soulwinning (souls won in other methods count less, evidently), keep running busses, keep wearing black suits, white shirts with red ties, keep culottes on your girls and ladies and by all means remain KJVO!

Tarheel Baptist said:
Josh Teis nails it! This illustrates why he is a leader among the younger IFB Pastors. And, IMO these men are the future of the IFB 'movement'. As the old saying goes 'the proof of the pudding is in the eating' and the IFB movement has lost it's luster since the heyday in the 60's-70's. Mainly because of the exposure of it's vacuous leadership AND the elevation of preference to the level of doctrine. If the emperor has no clothes, the masses are eventually going to realize it.
Teis and others of his generation have seen the nakedness of their movement and are forging their own path. Godspeed to them.

I agree with this.

Tarheel Baptist said:
The response of some/most in the IFB 'old guard' are to declare these young men to be 'Liberals' and insist that the Old Path's be maintained.
Evidently that means 'don't bring drums or screens into the church', keep using door to door soulwinning (souls won in other methods count less, evidently), keep running busses, keep wearing black suits, white shirts with red ties, keep culottes on your girls and ladies and by all means remain KJVO!

But this post contains things I'm concerned about.  For example, if a church does not wish to use screens, you seem to label them as old-school.  There are good arguments to use screens, and there are good arguments against it.  You seem to fall straight into the "old-school" IFB of elevating preference to doctrine by attacking those who would be against screens.

Buses are a good way to bring people to church who could not otherwise come.  Certainly (as in many things) buses can be misused (such as when the people riding the buses are treated as numbers-only, 2nd class citizens).

I don't  fault a church that still does door-to-door witnessing, but I think, given our modern age, it's hard to get people to talk at the door. There must be a  better way.

Not sure about the attack about wearing suits. I think it is good to dress up  for church; I also think it is wrong to judge people as un-spiritual who are not dressed "like us".

I don't really see a the point of the culotte comment.

And, finally, there is a group of people who hold to the KJV who seem to believe that it was directly inspired by God (Bob Gray, formerly of Texas, Gail Riplinger, and others of that stripe). This group despises commentaries, and Greek lexicons, and consider it unwise to ever refer to Greek or Hebrew words in the the Bible. I don't agree with this group.  However, there is another group that believes that the KJV is a superior translation, translated by superior men, using superior methods, and superior text.  Both of these groups could be called KJV only (KJVO), but they are quite different.  I agree with the second group, personally.