The OFFICIAL "You might be a Hacker if...." thread!

Baptist City Holdout said:
I think that's a transfer from the old Forum, but it's still sweet!

As long as it's from "the original manuscripts" it's ok!

YMBAH if............ you find Turn Your Eyes upon Jesus in your hymnal, read the words, do not see, "It is our sincere prayer that because of the broadcast today you will find..." in the text and protest that some stinkin liberal  has been messing with the original lyrics.

YMBAH if............ you find Turn Your Eyes upon Jesus in your hymnal, read the words, do not see, "It is our sincere prayer that because of the broadcast today you will find..." in the text and protest that some stinkin liberal  has been messing with the original lyrics.

Explanation. On the radio broadcast of FBCH, when Bro. Hyles was in town to be the host, all life at the college would come to a standstill. Class, Diner, Dorm, Hall and listen. These words: ""It is our sincere prayer that because of the broadcast today you will find..."  would immediately precede a clip of the choir singing, "That the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace."

Explanation. On the radio broadcast of FBCH, when Bro. Hyles was in town to be the host, all life at the college would come to a standstill. Class, Diner, Dorm, Hall and listen. These words: ""It is our sincere prayer that because of the broadcast today you will find..."  would immediately precede a clip of the choir singing, "That the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace."

That's HACKER deeper-lifer right there!

Matthew1323 said:

That one came to me when I saw some of the lyrics on a Presbyterian church sign.

YMBA HACker........

if you are having ladies in your church sew culottes for teens from your church that are going to summer camp but who have never before worn them & who cannot find them in any store.

If you send a tweet at 2:30 am to let everyone know you are up praying then YMBAH!

If you let everyone know how power-packed your sermon was and how powerful you teaching was yesterday then YMBAH!

If you tweet about going crazy in the pulpit and starting a chainsaw and getting 2 standing ovations then YMBAH!

Matthew1323 said:

That one came to me when I saw some of the lyrics on a Presbyterian church sign.

:)

YMBAHI...

you believe that all the Cubs need is to hear an old-fashioned, leather-lunged, no-compromise IFB preacher to get them out of their recent losing ways!

Well, it should help to have Arrieta pitching and the Reds as their opponent tonight!  :)

Matthew1323 said:
YMBAHI...

you believe that all the Cubs need is to hear an old-fashioned, leather-lunged, no-compromise IFB preacher to get them out of their recent losing ways!

Well, it should help to have Arrieta pitching and the Reds as their opponent tonight!  :)

Arrieta must be a stinkin' HACKER! He gave up two runs in the 1st inning! I guess he was dozing during the pre-game preaching service?

Matthew1323 said:
Matthew1323 said:
YMBAHI...

Arrieta must be a stinkin' HACKER! He gave up two runs in the 1st inning! I guess he was dozing during the pre-game preaching service?

It's like the Cards get in their heads....sad week and a half until last night!

Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
Matthew1323 said:
YMBAHI...

It's like the Cards get in their heads....sad week and a half until last night!

The Cardinals and Marlins both slowed the Cub's spectacular start! The Cards sweep was the start of the bad week of play. Let's pray for revival!

You might be a Hacker if you believe the Cub's success this year can be traced back to the day Dr. Hyles yelled, "I'll take the bus kids!!"

YMAH if you write a book entitled, "Holiness and how I achieved it"

BALAAM said:
YMAH if you write a book entitled, "Holiness and how I achieved it"

That made me laugh!  :)