The Old FFF

I do miss the Marty and Guy bromance.  8)

Been on since '02. The only version I missed was the Jack Hyles Forum one.

...I still miss that old threaded version I first stumbled across sometimes. Those were good times.

I read the first FFF before Hurricane Katrina and posted a few times.  I followed the second one and then lost complete interest when the bots took over.  I didn't even know this existed until I started trying to find out why Bro. Boruff resigned.

I remember at one time the FFF had pictures of all the preachers associated with the college forums, and there were only a few at that time.

I'm not getting dragged into any fights this round of mostly lurking but sometimes posting.  I like to look at positions from all angles.  I was ignorantly IFBX before the early 2000's.  Now,  I am IFB by choice, but I am not IFBX even if my church would be labeled as such.  I would be completely happy if the X went away.

I really enjoy reading some of the HAC threads because I know just enough about HAC to enjoy them.  Our church was and probably still is 100% Hyles even though we were on the West coast and most of us had never been anywhere near the FBCH. 

Jerri Fletcher

I always enjoyed the videos of her family.

halfhasnotbeentold said:
I read the first FFF before Hurricane Katrina and posted a few times.  I followed the second one and then lost complete interest when the bots took over.  I didn't even know this existed until I started trying to find out why Bro. Boruff resigned.

I remember at one time the FFF had pictures of all the preachers associated with the college forums, and there were only a few at that time.

I'm not getting dragged into any fights this round of mostly lurking but sometimes posting.  I like to look at positions from all angles.  I was ignorantly IFBX before the early 2000's.  Now,  I am IFB by choice, but I am not IFBX even if my church would be labeled as such.  I would be completely happy if the X went away.

I really enjoy reading some of the HAC threads because I know just enough about HAC to enjoy them.  Our church was and probably still is 100% Hyles even though we were on the West coast and most of us had never been anywhere near the FBCH.

Sooooooo....

You are a HACker wannabe?          8)

Tom Brennan said:
Been on since '02. The only version I missed was the Jack Hyles Forum one.

...I still miss that old threaded version I first stumbled across sometimes. Those were good times.

i liked that one best too.... but i also liked andrews forum when it first started....(until it got hacked and he sold it).... .. both, when in their prime, worked really well and had a positive atmosphere i haven;t seen in any other christian forums.....

and one of the reasons i think they worked so well ...and had such a good atmosphere ...is because they both left their forums unmoderated.. for the most part .. and also unintimidated..... at least by either of them as a webby or admin...... ...neither don or andrew came onto their forums posting under the name of admin... then went about using their title and forum.. with a sarcastic moderator in tow.... as a bully pulpit to insult and harass other forum members.... or try and force their personal views onto other members..... or tell them..."you are on the wrong forum".. if they didn;t agree....

if either one of them posted as a regular they were anonymous to the rest of us.......... and in my honest opinion that is what made it work......  for both of them........

switcher said:
Then the crazy one (I stayed away from that) and now this?

What was so crazy about the "crazy one"?
Curious minds want to know...

Like someone else said, it seemed very Jerry Springerish.

In honour of this thread, I've just changed my custom title. Thanks!

Ransom said:

Can you change mine to servile lackey?

subllibrm said:

You want me to do it? That doesn't sound very servile, now, does it?

(Click Profile > Forum Profile on the menu bar at the top of the page, and see if you can change the "Custom Title" option, about 2/3 of the way down.) Other people have done it, so I think it's an open option for everyone.)

Ransom said:
subllibrm said:

(Click Profile > Forum Profile on the menu bar at the top of the page, and see if you can change the "Custom Title" option, about 2/3 of the way down.) Other people have done it, so I think it's an open option for everyone.)

Oh! I didn't know. Thanks so much. I shall hope to find the appropriate title to communicate the value I bring to the forum.  :D

subllibrm said:
Ransom said:
subllibrm said:

Oh! I didn't know. Thanks so much. I shall hope to find the appropriate title to communicate the value I bring to the forum.  :D

Make sure is says servile and not senile. Just helpin' you out there, fella!

Ransom said:

As have I.  You're welcome, Sarcastic Moderator In Tow. ;D

I started out on the original forum (JackHyles.net) and have at least lurked on every iteration.  I was still in Bible college when it started.  Those were the days.  I probably learned more theology and formulated more theological arguments on some of those threads than a few entire classes in college.  A few other posters I enjoyed reading - tachbuloth, all of Phil Johnson's sock puppets, Doc Cassidy.  There are a few more, but I cannot remember them at the moment.  The original was always my favorite forum, as the discussions were a lot more sustained and less vitriolic (most of the time). 

admin said:
Is Hreb Evans still kickin'?

I never knew what to think about that fellow.  Sometimes he would post something really good and then a little later...wow. 

I go way back to the days of sparring with the Killer B's, Baptist, Brennan and Braemer! Those were the days when they were drinking the koolaid and defending Hyles to the hilt.  I go way back on the old one!