The origin of the current version of the KJVO myth...

Unfortunately, Leatherneck, you do not know the history of MSS. Everything you are saying as a “negative” about the Modern Versions is true of the history of the KJV development. Remember, the KJV did not appear until 1611. Plenty of translations appeared before 1611 and I whole-heartedly say, "They are God's Word." Unfortunately, you won't.
  • There was/is definite RCC influence in the KJV translation and preservation of materials by the Vatican.
  • There are thousands of variants between the KJV translations from 1611 until now.

Neither of these facts causes us (who prefer modern versions) to dis the KJV as corrupt. Unfortunately, the KJVOs have determined to say Gods Word is corrupt and impure without any Scriptural basis. The so-called “Pure Bible KJVOs” twist Scripture and do not attempt to define “pure,” biblically. They are the ones causing people to question the authority and power of Gods Word. KJVOism is divisive and leads to all kinds of theological heresies.

As the OP points out, KJVOism is NOT based off good theology. It was created by a Seventh Day Adventist who duped people. Today, the "KJVO Pure Bible" movement is being run by Trinity denying, Salvation-losing Pentecostals as the leaders of the movement. IF they truly were devoted to the "pure / uncorrupt Word of God," they would not be promoting this falsehood.

Last edited:
O

There is major contradiction among the gospels in the minority texts not hardly equal to changing old English words to modern English words. MAJOR CONTRADICTIONS among the MV gospels. The MV’s have being saved as opposed to the KJV which says are saved. The road back to Rome is happening before our eyes , but sadly many cannot or will not see that.
Sounds like you read Riplinger, Gipp, & Grady.

Sounds like you read Riplinger, Gipp, & Grady.
Nope never read any of those authors pretty much stick with the Bible. I do some research on blue letter Bible. They have different translations that can be checked, and that was where I found MV’s say being saved while the majority texts have are saved. The RC’s go along with being saved not the early church nor reformers.

Nope never read any of those authors pretty much stick with the Bible. I do some research on blue letter Bible. They have different translations that can be checked, and that was where I found MV’s say being saved while the majority texts have are saved. The RC’s go along with being saved not the early church nor reformers.
That's where we see that salvation has three tenses...we have been saved...we are BEING saved...and we will be saved. It doesn't affect our salvation in any way. This is misleading in the KJV.

Leatherneck... you did not come to the conclusion that the MSS behind the KJV are "superior" to the so-called "corrupt" MSS behind the modern versions. The BlueLetter Bible did not persuade you that direction.

When it comes to the historical positions of MSS evidence, you are parroting other people's thoughts.

Leatherneck... you did not come to the conclusion that the MSS behind the KJV are "superior" to the so-called "corrupt" MSS behind the modern versions. The BlueLetter Bible did not persuade you that direction.

When it comes to the historical positions of MSS evidence, you are parroting other people's thoughts.
The difference in the MV’s compared to the majority texts, the over 200 verses removed from the MV’s, sodomite changed to shrine prostitutes in the MV’s, propitiation removed from MV,sGodhead removed from MV’s all of the above is why I don’t trust MV’s not to mention that the Greek translation used by MV’ s is the same Greek Westcott and Hort provided. I read portions of a son’s autobiography of his dad( Hort). Did you know W&H started the ghostly guild ? Neither Westcott nor Hort are what anyone would consider unbiased. For all the above reasons I stay with the KJV.

The difference in the MV’s compared to the majority texts, the over 200 verses removed from the MV’s, sodomite changed to shrine prostitutes in the MV’s, propitiation removed from MV,sGodhead removed from MV’s all of the above is why I don’t trust MV’s not to mention that the Greek translation used by MV’ s is the same Greek Westcott and Hort provided. I read portions of a son’s autobiography of his dad( Hort). Did you know W&H started the ghostly guild ? Neither Westcott nor Hort are what anyone would consider unbiased. For all the above reasons I stay with the KJV.
Yep, you've read Riplinger, Gipp, & Grady.

I read portions of a son’s autobiography of his dad( Hort). Did you know W&H started the ghostly guild ?
Did you know what the "Ghostly Guild" was before you read about it in the biography? Probably not, so don't pretend it was some infamous secret society. Since you read Westcott's autobiography, you already know it was just a bunch of students investigating ghost stories.

(And since you confused Westcott's biography with Hort's, you've already shown that you're pretty sloppy in your reading. Whatever you have to say is already suspect.)

Yep, you've read Riplinger, Gipp, & Grady.

Basically, whenever any KJV-onlyist claims they did the research themselves, they're usually about to out themselves as liars.

I think back fondly to the way the last loudmouth, UGC, claimed he had done totally original research on the primary sources, while repeating the exact same transcription errors (wrong page numbers, omissions, spelling, etc.) found on many other KJV-only Web sites. What a remarkable coincidence.

Show me which verse in the gospels King Jimmy says "Are Saved?" There are none. If you mean 12 Cor 15:2, the Textus Receptus greek says δι ου και σωζεσθε τινι λογω ευηγγελισαμην υμιν ει κατεχετε εκτος, translated in the KJV By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you. ESV says "and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you" The ver for saved is in the middle voice, which is probably meaningless to you. Either the old Elizabethan "are saved" or the more modern English usage "are being saved" are valid translations.
Take your pick:
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 8:24 - For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope:for what a man seeth, why doth he yethope for?
Unchecked Copy Box
1Co 1:18 - For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness;but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
Unchecked Copy Box
1Co 15:2 - By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
Unchecked Copy Box
2Co 2:15 - For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:
Unchecked Copy Box
Eph 2:5 - Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together withChrist, (by grace ye are saved;)
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 21:24 - And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the lightof it: and the kings of the earth do bringtheir glory and honour into it.

Show me which verse in the gospels King Jimmy says "Are Saved?" There are none. If you mean 12 Cor 15:2, the Textus Receptus greek says δι ου και σωζεσθε τινι λογω ευηγγελισαμην υμιν ει κατεχετε εκτος, translated in the KJV By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you. ESV says "and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you" The ver for saved is in the middle voice, which is probably meaningless to you. Either the old Elizabethan "are saved" or the more modern English usage "are being saved" are valid translations.
Being saved is Roman Catholic doctrine not Christian doctrine. Are you a Roman Catholic ?

I will always be biased against efforts to water down God’s word aren’t you ?
If a person reads the KJV from cover to cover and then reads the ESV from cover to cover, what doctrines would be changed/watered down?

If a person reads the KJV from cover to cover and then reads the ESV from cover to cover, what doctrines would be changed/watered down?
The Gospel is watered down by:1Co 15:2 - and by which you arebeing saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. Sodomite has been removed to appease homosexuals. Godhead has been removed.

The Gospel is watered down by:1Co 15:2 - and by which you arebeing saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. Sodomite has been removed to appease homosexuals. Godhead has been removed.
Not if you read the whole Bible.