The origin of the current version of the KJVO myth...

Also, your link presupposes that things were removed from other translations versus being added to the underlying text of the KJV.

Basically, whenever any KJV-onlyist claims they did the research themselves, they're usually about to out themselves as liars.

I think back fondly to the way the last loudmouth, UGC, claimed he had done totally original research on the primary sources, while repeating the exact same transcription errors (wrong page numbers, omissions, spelling, etc.) found on many other KJV-only Web sites. What a remarkable coincidence.
I remember that. That was rather humorous when you called him out for it.

Basically, whenever any KJV-onlyist claims they did the research themselves, they're usually about to out themselves as liars.

I think back fondly to the way the last loudmouth, UGC, claimed he had done totally original research on the primary sources, while repeating the exact same transcription errors (wrong page numbers, omissions, spelling, etc.) found on many other KJV-only Web sites. What a remarkable coincidence.
The only habitual liar I have on this forum happens to be you.

The Gospel is watered down by:1Co 15:2 - and by which you arebeing saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. Sodomite has been removed to appease homosexuals. Godhead has been removed.
Your repeating these things over and over doesn't make it so. Where's your proof, Leatherneck? PROOF, not just opinion.

Wait, you forgot Romans 5:9

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
-King Jimmy Version
Of course the wrath is future salvation isn’t if you’re saved that is.
Unchecked Copy Box
1Jo 5:13 - These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and thatye may believe on the name of the Sonof God.

According to Leatherneck, you were saved and will be saved BUT it is heresy to say you are presently being saved.

sadly, another KJVO who is more interested in finding faults with modern versions while ignoring sound theology.

According to Leatherneck, you were saved and will be saved BUT it is heresy to say you are presently being saved.

sadly, another KJVO who is more interested in finding faults with modern versions while ignoring sound theology.
Saved from the coming wrath and born again now are two entirely different things. A reading comprehension course would obviously help you.

Last edited:
Lol, saved from the coming wrath and born again are two different things.
Now that you wrote coherently, your thoughts are interesting... nahh.... they are just heretical.
So, let's run this by Scripture... When Jesus was telling Nicodemus to be "born again," He did not mean that Nicodemus would be saved from the coming wrath?

Now that you wrote coherently, your thoughts are interesting... nahh.... they are just heretical.
So, let's run this by Scripture... When Jesus was telling Nicodemus to be "born again," He did not mean that Nicodemus would be saved from the coming wrath?
You’re using that as an argument against saved now as opposed to being saved which was rejected by the early church and reformers ? You sure you aren’t a Jesuit ?

My argument is based on Scripture. An argument that you avoid.

Why are you more intrigued with the arguments about the Bible than you are with what the Bible actually teaches?

You are like a 5 year old who doesn't understand analogies. Saved and slavation are not like a quarter you put in your pocket. They are a state of being. Think about that.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:5 - Jesus answered, Verily,verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:6 - That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born ofthe Spirit is spirit.

My argument is based on Scripture. An argument that you avoid.

Why are you more intrigued with the arguments about the Bible than you are with what the Bible actually teaches?
“Will be saved” from the wrath to come is an event in the future while “are saved “is in the present, and so simple a child can understand it.

Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:5 - Jesus answered, Verily,verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:6 - That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born ofthe Spirit is spirit.
Luke 22:32......But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
So, was Peter saved or not when he started following Jesus and left all behind? Was this a future conversion? Is "saved" a process? The Bible seems to indicate it is, no matter which translation you are using. We have been saved (past), we are being saved (present), and we shall be saved (future). Leatherneck, you have yet to address this issue, showing you're just spouting off what you've heard and been taught.

“Will be saved” from the wrath to come is an event in the future while “are saved “is in the present, and so simple a child can understand it.
"are saved" and "are being saved" mean the same thing. When the Modern Versions say, "being justified," do you have a problem with that as well?

"are saved" and "are being saved" mean the same thing. When the Modern Versions say, "being justified," do you have a problem with that as well?
Not even close “being saved “is a Roman Catholic doctrine( they aren’t even supposed to say they know they are saved) “are saved” is what Christian’s go with because it is correct if you’re born again.