Things I've Learned on the FFF!

A true church will fit around the kitchen table.
Any larger group ceases to be a true church.
A true leader will keep his sphere of influence down to kitchen table size.

subllibrm said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
subllibrm said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
I've learned that the Pope is really an evangelical leader and that the IRA was the junior varsity of terrorists...they only killed 1800 people in Northern Ireland.

All because Ian Paisley was a fundy and therefore cannot be commended in any way.

No, no, no. The pope orders the killing of missionaries. Not only in Italy but in the jungles of South America too! His evil tentacles reach everywhere. Apparently even in Iran and Iraq now. His power knows no bounds.

Do you doubt the role of the Catholic IRA in Northern Ireland?

I doubt the pope is ordering the execution of missionaries in Italy.

Me too.
On the other hand, I have no doubt the Catholic IRA ordered the deaths of hundreds in Northern Ireland!

Tarheel Baptist said:

You picked the perfect avatar.  Although this one might be more appropriate for your posts:

strawman1.jpg

A straw man is a common type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on the misrepresentation of an opponent's argument. To be successful, a straw man argument requires that the audience be ignorant or uninformed of the original argument.

Ive learned Islam is actually a religion of peace and Ian Paisley ordered the execution of untold Catholics

Tarheel Baptist said:
FSSL said:
That "Fighting Fundamental Forums" is owned by neither a "fighter" nor a "fundamentalist." :D

Unless you buy into the conspiracy theory....Marty Braemer is both!  :)

Oh, look you haven't forgotten me. I'm touched.

The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

You picked the perfect avatar.  Although this one might be more appropriate for your posts:

strawman1.jpg

A straw man is a common type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on the misrepresentation of an opponent's argument. To be successful, a straw man argument requires that the audience be ignorant or uninformed of the original argument.

Hyperbole - an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally,

Tarheel Baptist said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

strawman1.jpg

Hyperbole - an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally,

Same diff.  To try to discredit a position by painting it as something it's not (yes, through hyperbole) is a straw man.  You have no actual scriptural argument, so you resort to straw man.  Simple as that. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

strawman1.jpg

Same diff.  To try to discredit a position by painting it as something it's not (yes, through hyperbole) is a straw man.  You have no actual scriptural argument, so you resort to straw man.  Simple as that.

Oh! The irony!

Tarheel Baptist said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

strawman1.jpg

Oh! The irony!

I LOVE irony!!!!

subllibrm said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

strawman1.jpg

Oh! The irony!

I LOVE irony!!!!

MY wife hates it. She just throws the cloths in the dryer for a little while. Works for me.

Many of the posters who boast of spritual piety are metal heads.

Tarbaby and Marty are twins separated at birth.

The Pope is Catholic, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Ian Paisley wasn't a Catholic and that resulted in bad things happening in Northern Ireland.

Women in combat is a good thing...and a bad thing.
Both points were proven by Scripture!  :D

On most topic on the FFF I couldn't care less.

That many here are incapable of learning anything because they already know everything and are here for the purpose of proving it.

People love to focus and dwell on (and gossip about) the sins of Fundies -- who are almost always people I never heard of and about whom I personally know nothing.