Trickle Down Does Still Work

prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
4everfsu said:
I think Jesus said you are always going to have the poor. War on poverty will never win or end.

So Jesus meant that we as both individuals and a society, have no place in trying to eradicate war and poverty where we can.

Sorry, that's not the theology of my Jesus.
Here's your Jesus' theology:

Luke 8:18
Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

LOL! Nice spin of the context! Let the NLT give you the context:

"So pay attention to how you hear. To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what they think they understand will be taken away from them."

Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
4everfsu said:
I think Jesus said you are always going to have the poor. War on poverty will never win or end.

So Jesus meant that we as both individuals and a society, have no place in trying to eradicate war and poverty where we can.

Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.

"So pay attention to how you hear. To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what they think they understand will be taken away from them."
I didnt give any commentary on the verse....

prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
4everfsu said:

I didnt give any commentary on the verse....

So you admit you post Jesus' teachings out of context simply for the purpose of being a non sequitur. Got it.

FSSL said:
LongGone said:
You may call it any position that pleases you.

She also calls it "Armageddon," "Unpatriotic!"

It pleases me that the Dems don't like it when we get to keep more of what we make. It means that they will continue to lose their power and effectiveness.

There is no problem with a tax cut from my point of view. The problem is cutting taxes while increasing spending is problematic.

I will agree that we need more conservative Republicans. The establishment 100% Democrats and a few Republicans make it impossible to pass a good budget.

We have to pay our military.

Yet, we get more in our own pocket.

2/20/2018 Smucker Co.

The maker of jellies and jams is spreading the savings they are seeing due to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act to nearly 5,000 employees, announcing $1,000 bonuses for their workers. Additionally, the company will make a large contribution to employees? pensions, adding an additional $20 million to the plan.

2/9/2018 Tyson Food

The Arkansas-based chicken producer says more than 100,000 employees will receive bonuses as a result of company savings due to the overhaul of federal tax laws.

Tyson said Thursday that full-time employees who do not receive an annual bonus will get $1,000 and part-time workers who receive no annual bonus will get $500

2/8/2018 Leak Sealers Co.

The Female-owned engineering company say it will hand out bonuses to 100% of its workers.

2/28/2018 Citizans Bank
The West Virginia bank issued a bonus of $1,000 to each of its employees, joining a number of U.S. companies to pass along savings from the federal tax reform to its staff.

1/28/2018 TSYS

The Columbus global credit-card and payment processor will give a majority of it's11,500 employees extra $1,000 in their paycheck.

2/28/2018 TJX

The parent company of TJ Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods announced today it would do stock buybacks and bonuses as a result of tax reform.

2/28/2018 M&T Bank
The bank is boosting hourly wages among moves it's making in a response to the successful passage of tax reform legislation.

Hourly paid employees will see pay starting at $14-16/hour, depending on geography. That will make a total investment of $25M.

In addition, all employees will get 40 hours of paid time a year to take part in volunteer or employee resource group activities. The company notes it paid $50M to its M&T Charitable Foundation in 2017, its largest ever contribution.

Thanks for these posts, sword. You continue to prove the money is going to those who already are making money instead of targeting the majority of those who have none or struggle the most.

Smellin Coffee said:
Thanks for these posts, sword. You continue to prove the money is going to those who already are making money instead of targeting the majority of those who have none or struggle the most.
Employee bonuses and pay raises, by default, must go to those who are employed. When you have a tax cut it will almost always benefit those who pay taxes over those who do not. The unemployed and underemployed need good paying jobs not more handouts. Higher pay and lower unemployment is another byproduct of corporate tax cuts. Did you skip basic economics in high school? Do you want our country to be like Venezuela or Cuba?

2/1/2018 1st Source Bank
The South Bend based bank announced raises, stock issuance and increased tuition reimbursement for its employees as a result of federal tax reform.

2/7/2018 PC Connection, Inc
The leading technology solutions provider to business, government, and education markets, today announced that it will pay a $1,000 cash bonus to each employee.

sword said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Employee bonuses and pay raises, by default, must go to those who are employed. When you have a tax cut it will almost always benefit those who pay taxes over those who do not. The unemployed and underemployed need good paying jobs not more handouts. Higher pay and lower unemployment is another byproduct of corporate tax cuts. Did you skip basic economics in high school? Do you want our country to be like Venezuela or Cuba?

So you make my point. The poorest don't benefit. I'm talking about disabled. I'm talking about elderly. I'm talking about children of single parents. I'm talking about what happens to foster kids when they grow out of the system.

So yes, you have proven my point. The people who need it most aren't getting it. Hence, "trickle down" is not an efficient means to help those who need it most.

Smellin Coffee said:
sword said:
Smellin Coffee said:

So you make my point. The poorest don't benefit. I'm talking about disabled. I'm talking about elderly. I'm talking about children of single parents. I'm talking about what happens to foster kids when they grow out of the system.

So yes, you have proven my point. The people who need it most aren't getting it. Hence, "trickle down" is not an efficient means to help those who need it most.
How can a tax cut benefit those who pay no taxes?

Under the Reagan tax cuts the economy caught fire, and revenue to the federal government doubled.
You will see that charitable giving and government assistance expenditures also went up significantly. Those in need always do better when the economy is strong. What they need most is good paying jobs, not more handouts.

2/28/2018 Express Script
The pharmacy benefit management co said it will give $500 to $2000 bonuses to its 26,000 employees.
The company will also create a $30 million education fund for employees' children. The fund will assist with paying for college and vocational training.

The company said additional funds will be donated to charitable programs in the communities the company serves.

3/1/2018 Boeing
Boeing has revised its bonus numbers and now expects to pay out $600 million in employee bonuses this year in Washington state alone.