Trickle Down Does Still Work

2/9/2018 AMERCO, parent company of U-Haul International, Inc.

Full-time U-haul employees will be issued a one-time $1,200 bonus. Part-time employees will be issued a $500 bonus. This includes all certified medical and maternity leave and military leave Team Members as well.  Bonuses will be issued by the end of February.

In total, the bonuses handed out will exceed $23.6 million and be distributed to 28,940 Team Members.

"To comply with the intent of the President's tax reduction, we are investing an additional $200 million in personnel, tools and facilities,

sword said:
LG:
What about the 1.1 trillion spent on welfare programs in 2017 or the 22 trillion spent on fighting poverty since 1964. You act as if we do nothing as a nation to help those who can not help themselves or choose not to.

Show me where I have acted as if we do nothing as a nation to help those who can not help themselves. Baseless accusation.

LongGone said:
sword said:
LG:
What about the 1.1 trillion spent on welfare programs in 2017 or the 22 trillion spent on fighting poverty since 1964. You act as if we do nothing as a nation to help those who can not help themselves or choose not to.
Show me where I have acted as if we do nothing as a nation to help those who can not help themselves. Baseless accusation.
My comments should have been directed to Smellin. He seems to think we completely ignore the needs of the poor and disabled.

2/20/2018 F & M Bank

The 110 year old bank said the $1.1 million was kind of a way to say thanks.
Bank employees who work more than 30 hours a week were given a one-time bonus of $1,100 and those who work less were handed $750.

2/1/2018 State Farm

State Farm is giving its employees nationwide $1,000 bonuses for meeting challenges stemming from a catastrophic year of natural disasters.

How can Smellin make several obvious references to the Communist Manifesto, and not get called on it?

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

2/17/2018 Window World

Window World employees received a winter boost Saturday evening when they were each surprised with a $1,000 check as a result of tax reform.

2/22/2018 Suit-Kote Corporation

The paving company is doling out raises and retirement bonuses using money saved from the new Republican-led tax plan. About 800 employees will see a raise. The average raise, the company said, will be about $1,400. The company also increased its 401K contributions by about $1 million company wide.

2/20/2018 Henry Schein Inc

The nation?s largest distributor of dental products, said Tuesday it would spend about $4 million to pay one-time cash bonuses of $1,000 to some of its U.S. workers in light of a lower tax rate under the new federal tax law.
The firm employs more than 22,000 people worldwide, about half of those are in the United States.

sword said:
2/20/2018 Henry Schein Inc

The nation?s largest distributor of dental products, said Tuesday it would spend about $4 million to pay one-time cash bonuses of $1,000 to some of its U.S. workers in light of a lower tax rate under the new federal tax law.
The firm employs more than 22,000 people worldwide, about half of those are in the United States.

If I am offered a bonus I am going to be happy that I got a bonus. I am glad for the employees. Putting it perspective means they get a one time bonus that amounts to 3% of their income if they make 30,000 yearly.  The company is getting a lower tax rate that will go on until it is changed. The employees are getting just a trickle of what the employer is getting.  The employer has every right to do with their money as they please but a one time $1000 bonus doesn't compare to what the company is getting in tax relief.

LongGone said:
The employees are getting just a trickle of what the employer is getting.  The employer has every right to do with their money as they please but a one time $1000 bonus doesn't compare to what the company is getting in tax relief.

And that is what is called the ?Pelosi Position.?

Dems don?t want tax cuts
When tax cuts happen, their next absurdity is to say ?not enough given back to the people?

A person making $30,000 a year doesn?t pay taxes (if they have one child or more). $1,000 is a great bonus!

FSSL, isn't the Pelosi position also known as foot in mouth?

FSSL said:
LongGone said:
The employees are getting just a trickle of what the employer is getting.  The employer has every right to do with their money as they please but a one time $1000 bonus doesn't compare to what the company is getting in tax relief.

And that is what is called the ?Pelosi Position.?

Dems don?t want tax cuts
When tax cuts happen, their next absurdity is to say ?not enough given back to the people?

A person making $30,000 a year doesn?t pay taxes (if they have one child or more). $1,000 is a great bonus!

You may call it any position that pleases you. The point is what the employee receives is a trickle of what the employer is receiving.

The part that makes me wonder is what happen to all the Republicans that wanted to balance the budget.

LongGone said:
The part that makes me wonder is what happen to all the Republicans that wanted to balance the budget.

You'll see those hypocrites when its time for reelection.

LongGone said:
You may call it any position that pleases you.

She also calls it "Armageddon," "Unpatriotic!"

It pleases me that the Dems don't like it when we get to keep more of what we make. It means that they will continue to lose their power and effectiveness.

prophet said:
How can Smellin make several obvious references to the Communist Manifesto, and not get called on it?

I've never read the Communist Manifesto so I have no idea what it says.

4everfsu said:
I think Jesus said you are always going to have the poor. War on poverty will never win or end.

So Jesus meant that we as both individuals and a society, have no place in trying to eradicate war and poverty where we can.

Sorry, that's not the theology of my Jesus.

sword said:
LongGone said:
sword said:
LG:
My comments should have been directed to Smellin. He seems to think we completely ignore the needs of the poor and disabled.

No, my point was the direct correlation between giving employee bonuses and the benefits being received by the most poor in society - namely the unemployed, unemployable and the most poor in this country. I have yet to hear of any bonuses being sent to Flint to finally get them clean water. Maybe someone has done so, but no, these bonuses are going to primarily workers, most of which is higher up their respective companies.

If a company has a right to manufacture an Epi-Pen for $1 and sell it to poor, uninsured people at $130 for each (two pens needed per person per year), surely they can "trickle down" the tax bonus benefits to the poor who cannot afford to purchase the needed item for their medical health, to help prevent them from dying.

I'm not saying we as a country don't have programs nor am I saying Republicans personally are not generous folks. But there is more here than simply throwing money at the problems (which is the neo-liberalism way to "cure" this problem).

Both alt-right and neo-liberalism are rooted in white supremacy. Both governmental "styles" support that underlying ideal.

Smellin Coffee said:
4everfsu said:
I think Jesus said you are always going to have the poor. War on poverty will never win or end.

So Jesus meant that we as both individuals and a society, have no place in trying to eradicate war and poverty where we can.

Sorry, that's not the theology of my Jesus.
Here's your Jesus' theology:

Luke 8:18
Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.

Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:

I've never read the Communist Manifesto so I have no idea what it says.
You dont have to read it.
You can just regurgitate talking points from  those who have....
Which is what is behind your new "faith", if you cared to dig.