Trickle Down Does Still Work

2/2/2018 Amboy Bank
The New Jersey Bank has increased its minimum wage for full time employees to $15 per hour in the wake of federal tax cuts. Amboy Bank also will issue non-executive employees a year-end minimum bonus of $1,000.

New Jersey banks Unity, OceanFirst and Somerset Savings Bank committed to similar changes.

sword said:
Smellin Coffee said:
sword said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Thanks for these posts, sword. You continue to prove the money is going to those who already are making money instead of targeting the majority of those who have none or struggle the most.
Employee bonuses and pay raises, by default, must go to those who are employed. When you have a tax cut it will almost always benefit those who pay taxes over those who do not. The unemployed and underemployed need good paying jobs not more handouts. Higher pay and lower unemployment is another byproduct of corporate tax cuts. Did you skip basic economics in high school? Do you want our country to be like Venezuela or Cuba?

So you make my point. The poorest don't benefit. I'm talking about disabled. I'm talking about elderly. I'm talking about children of single parents. I'm talking about what happens to foster kids when they grow out of the system.

So yes, you have proven my point. The people who need it most aren't getting it. Hence, "trickle down" is not an efficient means to help those who need it most.
How can a tax cut benefit those who pay no taxes?

Under the Reagan tax cuts the economy caught fire, and revenue to the federal government doubled.
You will see that charitable giving and government assistance expenditures also went up significantly. Those in need always do better when the economy is strong. What they need most is good paying jobs, not more handouts.

Business profits are stronger so it isn't about the tax itself. It's about the rich companies getting more money so they can trickle down to bring the entire society up. Like the coffee analogy (cream poured in without stirring), the more corporations (or individuals) make, those that are closer to the top benefit greatly whereas those who need it most in our society are still left with their bitter dregs.

Smellin Coffee said:
sword said:
Smellin Coffee said:
sword said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Thanks for these posts, sword. You continue to prove the money is going to those who already are making money instead of targeting the majority of those who have none or struggle the most.
Employee bonuses and pay raises, by default, must go to those who are employed. When you have a tax cut it will almost always benefit those who pay taxes over those who do not. The unemployed and underemployed need good paying jobs not more handouts. Higher pay and lower unemployment is another byproduct of corporate tax cuts. Did you skip basic economics in high school? Do you want our country to be like Venezuela or Cuba?

So you make my point. The poorest don't benefit. I'm talking about disabled. I'm talking about elderly. I'm talking about children of single parents. I'm talking about what happens to foster kids when they grow out of the system.

So yes, you have proven my point. The people who need it most aren't getting it. Hence, "trickle down" is not an efficient means to help those who need it most.
How can a tax cut benefit those who pay no taxes?

Under the Reagan tax cuts the economy caught fire, and revenue to the federal government doubled.
You will see that charitable giving and government assistance expenditures also went up significantly. Those in need always do better when the economy is strong. What they need most is good paying jobs, not more handouts.

Business profits are stronger so it isn't about the tax itself. It's about the rich companies getting more money so they can trickle down to bring the entire society up. Like the coffee analogy (cream poured in without stirring), the more corporations (or individuals) make, those that are closer to the top benefit greatly whereas those who need it most in our society are still left with their bitter dregs.

I?ll translate that double talk:
America needs to be like Cuba and Venezuela.
And you know which way the flotilla?s float, don?t you Smellin?  ;)

3/8/2018 Reynolds American Inc.
The tobacco supplier announced it is giving most of its 5,500 employees a bonus of $1,000 bonus as a result of federal tax reform..

The bonuses will cost them nearly $4.5 million.

3/2/2018 Robert W. Baird & Co.
The Milwaukee based financial services firm said it will pay cash bonuses of $500 to $1,500 to employees,

3/8/2018 Centaur Gaming
The Indianapolis-based track and gambling company announced it would be sharing its federal tax cut with employees by giving each of them a $500 bonus check.

3/8/2018 L. H. Miller
About 10,000 employees of the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies will be getting an extra $1,000 in their next paycheck courtesy of the owner and chairwoman, Gail Miller.

Rep. Claudia Tenney is co-sponsoring the Creating Real and Useful Middle-Class Benefits and Savings (CRUMBS) Act.
This bill will make bonuses received in 2018 tax-free up to $2,500, according to an announcement.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/13/gop-rep-unveils-crumbs-act-to-make-bonuses-tax-free-in-swipe-at-pelosi.html

2/02/2013 Harris Corp
Harris said it plans to make added contributions ? about $300 million ? to its employee pension fund. The company also is awarding all of its non-executive employees $1,470 ? $24 million total ? in company stock bonuses as a result of recently passed tax reform to support its employees.

2/1/2018 Great Western Bancorp Inc.
The bank said it will boost its minimum wage to $15, give pay raises or a one-time $500 bonus to nearly 70 percent of its workforce, boost its contribution to its community reinvestment program and improve its health care offerings for employees "as a result of the tax reform package

1/28/2018 Group 1 Automotive
The large automotive retailer said it will pay $500 bonuses to most of its U.S. employees. About two-thirds of Group 1 Automotive's 10,000 employees nationwide will receive a cash bonus in March

1/22/2018 Willis Lease Finance
The Aviation parts company announced that all non-executive employees received a one-time bonus of $1,000 due to tax reform.

This article does not discuss bonuses but does show the economy growing even in ....

https://www.wvnews.com/news/wvnews/w-va-seeing-upswing-in-manufacturing-jobs/article_ddbff982-b2ef-5ec9-bfbe-7e9e79aa622a.html

I supply equipment for the construction industry. For the first time since 2010, we have a few weeks backlog on building some equipment. Construction industry is UP!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
4everfsu said:
I think Jesus said you are always going to have the poor. War on poverty will never win or end.

So Jesus meant that we as both individuals and a society, have no place in trying to eradicate war and poverty where we can.

Sorry, that's not the theology of my Jesus.
Here's your Jesus' theology:

Luke 8:18
Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

LOL! Nice spin of the context! Let the NLT give you the context:

"So pay attention to how you hear. To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what they think they understand will be taken away from them."
I didnt give any commentary on the verse....

So you admit you post Jesus' teachings out of context simply for the purpose of being a non sequitur. Got it.
Oh, I'm burned!

You caught me, you lucky rascal!

2/20/2018 Blackbaud

The South Carolina Based software and services company will give all employees $2,000 Worth Of Company Stock to its employees. The company says it?s offering the bonus as a result of federal tax cuts.

1/25/2018 1A Auto
The Massachusetts Based Auto parts retailer announced Cash Bonuses for all full-time employees due to tax reform.