Trump is now a political liability.

Quotes from the November 15 issue of Washington Examiner, a conservative magazine:

"Voters show they want sanity and don't want Trump. . . . These midterm elections have made it crystal clear that voters want to move past the chaos and dishonor of the 45th president."

"It is impossible not to consider this outcome yet another rebuke of the 45th president."

"Republicans must choose - electoral success or Trump. . . . If the Republicans' election failure on November 8 has a silver lining, it's that it will persuade more of them that former President Donald Trump is a massive liability and turn them decisively away from him. . . . The biggest, most important step toward sanity and full electability that the Republican Party can take is to recognize that Trump is yesterday's man, not today's or tomorrow's."

"The Trump delusion has finally started wearing off. . . . If you compare Trump's performance against senatorial and gubernatorial candidates, in both 2016 and 2020, he was a net drag on the ticket."

Meanwhile, thanks to Trump's antics, Republicans and conservatives are being associated, in the public mind, with white supremacists, rappers who want to kill Jews, wacko Qanon cultists and the deranged My Pillow buffoon. It's time for us to unhitch ourselves from Trump's death-grip on our movement, and move on. If we can't do that, then get ready for the Demon-crats to win big in 2024.

The truth in your post has been stated and re-enforced with facts and actual vote counts by many, many outlets and political observers.
Even the NY Post has seemingly seen the light on him. More and more, people are seeing the political reality that led me to post this thread.

i think the people in mainstream republican leadership.. ..across the board... are themselves their own political liability...

the more i watch politics in action - the more i;m convinced that while democrats are obviously obsessed with gaining power, however they can get it..... (remember their mantra in 2020?..."by any means necessary"?)... republicans.. on the other hand... don;t really want power at all...

republican politicians like to appear as if they want power... but what they want even more is to appear as if they have just lost a hard fought battle to get it..... (thus needing more of your money in order to guarantee a victory next time)..... . .... but as far as actually gaining and keeping the control of congress and the senate .... having an effective majority.... or even administering an effective presidency for that matter....... nothing seems to scare republicans more..... and they run from it like it was a plague... . ...

every election cycle several groups of republicans will begin infighting and back stabbing in a way that guarantees they will never win a majority of the elections or have the control of government they claim they are running for..... and they do it knowing it will turn off the very group of people they need to win an election.... the independents and undecided.....

why do they do that?...

i believe it;s because fund raising and bringing in the cash is what most republicans are really all about....... ...and nothing brings in more donor cash than suffering a noble loss after a hard fought battle - combined with the promises that they will do better next time with just a little more of your money to spend..... ....

all politicians use this tactic to some degree - even democrats...... but the people who vote for democrats are usually those conditioned to keep on turning over their votes and their money no matter what happens..... .......

republican voters... on the other hand.... will increase their cash donations if they think a politician is running behind but working like crazy to catch up..... but then when that candidate wins - those same republican voters expect that person to now get to work, and get something done, with the money they have already been given.....

donald trump was not the average republican..... if he was a republican at all..... he got into office and started getting things done with or without the money..... and that terrified traditional republicans who saw visions of their gravy trains derailing and running off the tracks.... and now...(after 6 years of attacks from all sides - betrayal from within his own ranks - and with little to no support from other republicans)... donald trump is off the rails himself.....

but i don;t think it matters at this point.... i think regardless of who the republicans run for president in 2024 democrats are going to run away with the election again... keeping the presidency and senate - and also winning back the house..... why?.... because republicans can not and will not stand together...they all make different excuses as to why... but i think it;s for fear the money would stop coming in if they did.....

it;s just a theory of mine...... i;m probably wrong.... in fact i hope i;m wrong...

Last edited:
i think the people in mainstream republican leadership.. ..across the board... are themselves their own political liability...

the more i watch politics in action - the more i;m convinced that while democrats are obviously obsessed with gaining power, however they can get it..... (remember their mantra in 2020?..."by any means necessary"?)... republicans.. on the other hand... don;t really want power at all...

republican politicians like to appear as if they want power... but what they want even more is to appear as if they have just lost a hard fought battle to get it..... (thus needing more of your money in order to guarantee a victory next time)..... . .... but as far as actually gaining and keeping the control of congress and the senate .... having an effective majority.... or even administering an effective presidency for that matter....... nothing seems to scare republicans more..... and they run from it like it was a plague... . ...

every election cycle several groups of republicans will begin infighting and back stabbing in a way that guarantees they will never win a majority of the elections or have the control of government they claim they are running for..... and they do it knowing it will turn off the very group of people they need to win an election.... the independents and undecided.....

why do they do that?...

i believe it;s because fund raising and bringing in the cash is what most republicans are really all about....... ...and nothing brings in more donor cash than suffering a noble loss after a hard fought battle - combined with the promises that they will do better next time with just a little more of your money to spend..... ....

all politicians use this tactic to some degree - even democrats...... but the people who vote for democrats are usually those conditioned to keep on turning over their votes and their money no matter what happens..... .......

republican voters... on the other hand.... will increase their cash donations if they think a politician is running behind but working like crazy to catch up..... but then when that candidate wins - those same republican voters expect that person to now get to work, and get something done, with the money they have already been given.....

donald trump was not the average republican..... if he was a republican at all..... he got into office and started getting things done with or without the money..... and that terrified traditional republicans who saw visions of their gravy trains derailing and running off the tracks.... and now...(after 6 years of attacks from all sides - betrayal from within his own ranks - and with little to no support from other republicans)... donald trump is off the rails himself.....

but i don;t think it matters at this point.... i think regardless of who the republicans run for president in 2024 democrats are going to run away with the election again... keeping the presidency and senate - and also winning back the house..... why?.... because republicans can not and will not stand together...they all make different excuses as to why... but i think it;s for fear the money would stop coming in if they did.....

it;s just a theory of mine...... i;m probably wrong.... in fact i hope i;m wrong...
You believe that Republicans are purposely throwing the white flag up and losing in an effort to gain more money. Did I get that correct?

You believe that Republicans are purposely throwing the white flag up and losing in an effort to gain more money. Did I get that correct?
i think some of them do.... not all of them.... and they are not undermining their own races but the races of fellow republicans... ... they love staying in office themselves... . but not when their party is in power and they are expected to actually do something.... ...

do you believe the people advising john mccain in 2008 were serious about wanting him to win the white house when they advised him to pick sarah palin as running mate?.... i know several people who think it was a way to go down gracefully and let obama win because bush had already made a huge mess of things... and they knew republicans had nothing to offer.... .

and even mccain himself said in his later years that picking palin was a huge mistake and he thinks he could have won with some other running mate....

like i said i could be wrong.... .. but if they are not undermining their own party chances to win on purpose then they are incredibly stupid... because their actions are doing exactly that...

do you believe the people advising john mccain in 2008 were serious about wanting him to win the white house when they advised him to pick sarah palin as running mate?
Yes. I think they thought they would mop up the female voters (including many Democrats).

Yes. I think they thought they would mop up the female voters (including many Democrats).
really?.... every female i know hated her.... .including me.... we considered her an embarassment... ...but maybe that;s just me and my circle of friends... ....every one of them ..even the ones who are conservative and usually vote republican... voted for barak obama that year.... ..i was preoccpied and unable to vote at all... not that it would have made a difference in hawaii even if i did....

Last edited:
really?.... every female i know hated her.... .including me.... we considered her an embarassment... ...but maybe that;s just me and my circle of friends... ....every one of them ..even the ones who are conservative and usually vote republican... voted for barak obama that year.... ..i was preoccpied and unable to vote at all... not that it would have made a difference in hawaii even if i did....
I do. I really believe that some old out-of-touch Republican strategists thought she’d get a lot of female votes just by virtue of being female, and I think they thought a lot of men would vote for her because of her looks. I understand how shallow that sounds, but I think it’s what they were betting the house on.

I do. I really believe that some old out-of-touch Republican strategists thought she’d get a lot of female votes just by virtue of being female, and I think they thought a lot of men would vote for her because of her looks. I understand how shallow that sounds, but I think it’s what they were betting the house on.
yeah.... the gop poltical strategists missed that one by miles....... and then they didn;t do any better in the next election.... ..i will never forget the conversion i heard between 2 local fishermen at the auction block that year..... they were discussing the up coming election between obama and romney..... . one of them said..... "last time i voted obama.... coz i thought he was gonna let us smoke weed..... but he nevah... so this time i am voting romney... coz at least he will let us have guns..... ."...... ..but as it turned out, the poor bruddahs didn;t get either one.. ..romney lost and obama failed once more to deliver the weed.... or pakalolo as we call it here...

yeah.... the gop poltical strategists missed that one by miles....... and then they didn;t do any better in the next election.... ..i will never forget the conversion i heard between 2 local fishermen at the auction block that year..... they were discussing the up coming election between obama and romney..... . one of them said..... "last time i voted obama.... coz i thought he was gonna let us smoke weed..... but he nevah... so this time i am voting romney... coz at least he will let us have guns..... ."...... ..but as it turned out, the poor bruddahs didn;t get either one.. ..romney lost and obama failed once more to deliver the weed.... or pakalolo as we call it here...
I always thought Obama 1.0 wasn’t that bad. It was Obama 2.0 where he showed his true colors and set the stage for a lot of the legacy crap that still exists today.

i know several people who think it was a way to go down gracefully and let obama win because bush had already made a huge mess of things... and they knew republicans had nothing to offer.... .

and even mccain himself said in his later years that picking palin was a huge mistake and he thinks he could have won with some other running mate....

It's debatable whether another running mate would have been more successful, but I think people have short memories. The general consensus back in 2008 was that Palin was a good pick because she had experience in the executive office, and she brought some balance to the ticket, against McCain's more centrist positions. It's only after the 2008 election that Palin got blamed for sinking the campaign.

It's debatable whether another running mate would have been more successful, but I think people have short memories. The general consensus back in 2008 was that Palin was a good pick because she had experience in the executive office, and she brought some balance to the ticket, against McCain's more centrist positions. It's only after the 2008 election that Palin got blamed for sinking the campaign.
it was different in different parts of the country.... our own governor.. linda lingle... who was the first republican governor in a long time and the only one since then... was also being considered as a running mate for mccain.... she wasn;t anything presidential either.... . but when my friends and i first saw palin on tv we looked at each other shook our heads .... and rolled our eyes... .. i remember hearing one of them say... "where did he get that bimbo?... "..... another one said... "isn;t that the lens crafter girl?... from the commercials?..." ..... . condolesa rice would have been a much better choice ....someone many of the women he was trying to attract could not only identify with, but could also respect...... at least those of us on the conservative side..... .

Last edited:
That's what it sounded like she said...That's a REALLY twisted view of the Republicans, but I can respect it to some degree.

That's what it sounded like she said...That's a REALLY twisted view of the Republicans, but I can respect it to some degree.
It’s an interesting theory, one I’ve never heard before. Usually winning is what produces more cash flow. A lot of donors don’t want to throw cash at a losing effort.

Trump had dinner with the violent anti-Semitic white supremacist Nick Fuentes on Nov 15. This is a radical who has publicly proposed ending national elections for good and spews hatred for the nation of Israel and for Jews.

I love most of Trumps policies
I love Trumps willingness to face the Chinese & North Koreans.
I love his willingness to fight for the American workers.
I love that he is willing to stand up to the left.

All that being said he is becoming a liability. He cannot control what he says and he is becoming un-electable. Many long time supporters are ready to move on to a new conservative candidate. I have heard many long time Republican voters say he needs to step aside and fund raise for other Republicans.

DT acts too much like a 7th grader these days. What would he publicly meet with a nut like Nick Fuentes?

Last edited:
Trump had dinner with the violent anti-Semitic white supremacist Nick Fuentes on Nov 15. This is a radical who has publicly proposed ending national elections for good and spews hatred for the nation of Israel and for Jews.

I love most of Trumps policies
I love Trumps willingness to face the Chinese & North Koreans.
I love his willingness to fight for the American workers.
I love that he is willing to stand up to the left.

All that being said he is becoming a liability. He can not control what he says and he is becoming un-electable. Many long time supporters are ready to move on to a new conservative candidate. I have heard many long time Republican voters say he need to step aside and fund raise for other Republicans.

DT acts too much like a 7th grader these days. What would he publicly meet with a nut like Nick Fuentes?
Just beware that the media never reports who Biden dines with—probably for good reason.

Now Mitch McConnell says that Trump is a liability. "The GOP's Senate leader opened his weekly news conference by saying: 'First, let me just say that there is no room in the Republican Party for antisemitism or white supremacy. And anyone meeting with people advocating that point of view, in my judgment, are highly unlikely to ever be elected president of the United States.'"

Yes, I know, McConnell is just a no-good RINO. Pay no attention to McConnell, folks. Let's go ahead and nominate Trump for President, so the Demon-crats can win really big in 2024.

It’s an interesting theory, one I’ve never heard before. Usually winning is what produces more cash flow. A lot of donors don’t want to throw cash at a losing effort.
I know if I were in the Republican party, I would support them for winning and being true to the foundational documents and goals of that party. They're not, though. Too bad. I can't see anyone throwing money into a losing party...it is sort of a kooky idea! ;)

Now Mitch McConnell says that Trump is a liability. "The GOP's Senate leader opened his weekly news conference by saying: 'First, let me just say that there is no room in the Republican Party for antisemitism or white supremacy. And anyone meeting with people advocating that point of view, in my judgment, are highly unlikely to ever be elected president of the United States.'"

Yes, I know, McConnell is just a no-good RINO. Pay no attention to McConnell, folks. Let's go ahead and nominate Trump for President, so the Demon-crats can win really big in 2024.
McConnell needs to open his mouth when he speaks. I guess he's just too old to give a rip about how he sounds, and what he says. i just listened to his speech on Trump, and he sounded like an old, worn out hound dog. He looked like one, too. He needs to shut his yap and resign.

Newsom Told the White House He Won’t Challenge Biden.​

He also say's he's not going to run in 2024 even if Biden chooses not to run.

I still think the Dems are preparing Eric Holder Jr. (82nd Attorney General of the United States from 2009 to 2015) to run for president, but its very low key..

Mitch McConnell won all but 2 of the 120 counties in Ky. in 2020. He got nearly 60% of the popular vote in a state with a major urban city (Louisville).

You may not like him, but the citizens of KY seem to.

Last edited: