What are your views on understanding The Trinity?

Supporting Victims

Registered
Reaction score
You quoted Eph. 5:31 in response to some questions I asked you. You offered no explanation of this verse's connection to the Trinity; in fact, above you basically disclaimed it.

So I will take my questions as still unanswered:
I do not connect the two. That is the only way I can explain how I view it. No connection. So how should I view it? And what are the verses backing that up?

Ransom

Individual without a cervix
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
I do not connect the two. That is the only way I can explain how I view it. No connection. So how should I view it? And what are the verses backing that up?
You appear to live in an interesting world where you get to state what you believe, and the onus is on other people to prove you wrong. I don't live in that world. If you think the Trinity came into being at a point in time, it's up to you to defend that view biblically.

Supporting Victims

Registered
Reaction score
You appear to live in an interesting world where you get to state what you believe, and the onus is on other people to prove you wrong. I don't live in that world. If you think the Trinity came into being at a point in time, it's up to you to defend that view biblically.
LOL Thought so

Jabberwocky

Registered
Reaction score
The Bible speaks clearly of God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ) and God the Holy Spirit, and at the same time it shows just as clearly that it is about one God. This term expresses the truth about God revealed in the Bible that He exists in three "Persons" who share the same essence of divinity.

Some people use human analogies to describe the nature of the Trinity, referring, for example, to the chemical compound H2O, which can take the form of water, ice or steam (these are different forms of the same compound). Another depiction is the egg, which is made up of shells, whites and yolks - but this analogy suggests that God has "parts", and this is not true.

God the Son (Jesus) is fully God, God the Father is fully God and God the Holy Spirit is fully God. But there is only one God. Our temporal, limited human experience does not allow us to fully understand the Trinity, but from the very beginning in Scripture God reveals Himself in this way. Note the plural pronouns "our" and "us" used in Genesis 1:26 -- "And finally God said, "Let us make man in our image, like us. May he rule over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, over the cattle, over the earth, and over all the animals creeping on the earth!"