When Do You Leave a Church?

Not so much. Humility and humbleness are not my strong suits.
I have too much chutzpah.

I wish I had his looks! I will be 70 next month. Did you ever see a poor Jew in America? Gosh I love this country$$
I know many poor Jews in this country...my BIL, my nephew, etc...dare I go on??

I would have gotten back with you earlier but I was putting some stock trades through with my Jewish brothers on Wall Street.

awesome.... i love that...... but..... it immediately put this song into my head....:sneaky:
i always got the image of a preacher singing this from the pulpit while his ushers
danced up and down the aisle passing the offering plate... ...:cool:

Something said earlier in this thread by coverbd about moneygrubbing preachers reminded me of an occasion when I was knocking on doors once soul-winning and the fellow started yammering at me about all preachers being in it for the money. I stopped him cold in his tracks and told him I had been preaching for 15 years and had never taken a single dime from my church. Of course when Sancho Panza wants to fight windmills there are plenty of them to knock down.

Something said earlier in this thread by coverbd about moneygrubbing preachers reminded me of an occasion when I was knocking on doors once soul-winning and the fellow started yammering at me about all preachers being in it for the money. I stopped him cold in his tracks and told him I had been preaching for 15 years and had never taken a single dime from my church. Of course when Sancho Panza wants to fight windmills there are plenty of them to knock down.
That's why I live in a gated community. It keeps the undesirables
out.

i know... it;s not a fair or accurate image.... i have no idea how or why that image got into my head when i heard that song years ago... .... none of the churches i have ever been in were like that.... . ... must have been something i saw on tv.... :unsure:

That's why I live in a gated community. It keeps the undesirables
out.
Yeah, you willingly immersed yourself smack dab in the middle of all those undesirables when you came to this forum, and continue to show troll-like behavior.

i know... it;s not a fair or accurate image.... i have no idea how or why that image got into my head when i heard that song years ago... .... none of the churches i have ever been in were like that.... . ... must have been something i saw on tv.... :unsure:
Oh, there are plenty of examples of what the scriptures refers to as those who are in it for filthy lucre, but the people who spout that stuff as a reason not to go to church are usually just grasping for anything as a reason to continue in their willfull obstinance to the Lords commands.

Yeah, you willingly immersed yourself smack dab in the middle of all those undesirables when you came to this forum, and continue to show troll-like behavior.
Maybe so, but I don't want them in my neighborhood.
Oh, there are plenty of examples of what the scriptures refers to as those who are in it for filthy lucre, but the people who spout that stuff as a reason not to go to church are usually just grasping for anything as a reason to continue in their willfull obstinance to the Lords commands.
If they had Shabbat services on the correct sabbath day Saturday. I might make a cameo appearance.

Maybe so, but I don't want them in my neighborhood.

Keep up your trolling and I bet you’ll eventually be disinvited from this neighborhood.
If they had Shabbat services on the correct sabbath day Saturday. I might make a cameo appearance.
“Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.”
‭‭

Keep up your trolling and I bet you’ll eventually be disinvited from this neighborhood.

“Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.”
‭‭
So we are taking scripture out of context to justify your narrative.
You would be better served studying Jewish culture and the Jewish roots to your faith.
According to the New Covenant the Gospel goes to the Jew first and then to the Greek. Does that mean Gentiles believers are second class?
You decide.

Your lips are moving, or fingers as it were, but all I hear is a hissing sound.

Your lips are moving, or fingers as it were, but all I hear is a hissing sound.
Maybe you need to change the batteries in your hearing aids?
You can buy them at a good price at Costco.

I thing my late father taught me early in life was that money talks and BS walks. Are you still walking?